Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BEWITCHED, BOTHERED, AND BEWILDERED BK  (Read 16739 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:BEWITCHED, BOTHERED, AND BEWILDERED BK
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2006, 09:42:48 AM »

BK, Looking forward to hearing your review of LEO THE LAST. It's a movie I've always wanted to see but never have.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2006, 09:44:59 AM »

There was an off-Broadway show called BOYCHIK when I first moved to NYC. It starred Larry from THREE'S COMPANY.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2006, 09:49:25 AM »

George, I don't know if you saw my reply last night - YES, the public is most certainly invited to this play reading. Get details at www.mirrorstage.org

And I would LOVE to see you there, finally meet you!

And here is the specific link to the "...in the absence of spring..." reading:

http://www.mirrorstage.org/05-06/Absence.html
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2006, 09:50:40 AM »

Well, I must get showered and shaved and dressed for work.  I'm supposed to be there at 10:00 and I think I'm already a bit late. ::) BYE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2006, 10:02:29 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Have already had a thirty minute telephonic conversation this morning.  Yesterday it was about eighty-five degrees and gorgeous, today it is gray and rainy - that's Los Angeles.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2006, 10:07:32 AM »

"Give me a dream to ruin a night with"...that's the title of my next song.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2006, 10:08:55 AM »

You're babbling, Ron!!

Just trying to do my part....

:D

« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 10:09:33 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2006, 10:51:37 AM »

You say "EGGPLANT"
I say "AUBERGINE"

Let's call the whole thing off!

;)

George consider this a fun-loving admonishment... I just spent an entire week trying to get Harry Connick's Jr.'s rendition out of my head... The melody now came back....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2006, 10:55:23 AM »

You're babbling, Ron!!

Penny dear, I think Ron has gone loopy!   ;D
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2006, 10:58:29 AM »

George consider this a fun-loving admonishment... I just spent an entire week trying to get Harry Connick's Jr.'s rendition out of my head... The melody now came back....

:o Sorry!  At least it wasn't a Britney Spears song...assuming that you feel (like I) that Britney would be worse than Harry! ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2006, 11:00:55 AM »

Well, my work for the day is essentially finished, although I may proceed to Act Two's Critical Notes.

I detest this portentous announcer on NBC who makes such pronouncements in a foreboding voice such as "This week, an episode of WILL & GRACE to cherish."  Oh, puhleeze!  

Today he's rambling on about Monday's MEDIUM, and he finishes with "an evil medium."  All I can think of is, thank God it's not a happy medium; we'd have to strike it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2006, 11:01:53 AM »

Babbling?  And now Loopy?

Geez!

At least give me credit for drawing a breath every once in a while!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2006, 11:01:55 AM »

:o Sorry!  At least it wasn't a Britney Spears song...assuming that you feel (like I) that Britney would be worse than Harry! ;)

The lame-brained Britney is worse than death.  Or Celine Dion.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »

Today he's rambling on about Monday's MEDIUM, and he finishes with "an evil medium."  All I can think of is, thank God it's not a happy medium; we'd have to strike it.

That...or we could just bitch-slap it silly!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2006, 11:07:01 AM »

Britney would not make it on AI. I am not a fan of hers...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2006, 11:09:40 AM »

The lame-brained Britney is worse than death.  Or Celine Dion.  

AMEN!!!  I can think of a few others that would be right up there with her.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2006, 11:11:43 AM »

Well, my work for the day is essentially finished, although I may proceed to Act Two's Critical Notes.

I detest this portentous announcer on NBC who makes such pronouncements in a foreboding voice such as "This week, an episode of WILL & GRACE to cherish."  Oh, puhleeze!  

NBC has really lost it..

Ben

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2006, 11:12:04 AM »

Hi, Penny! Even though you are not here at the moment. That's the way the board works. Sometimes a name will stay signed in at the top even when that person has gone.

I got two wonderful CDs this afternoon.

Piano at the Paramount with Peter Mintun on Piano and Mim Roseveare at the Mighty Wurlitzer Organ.

and

Peter Mintun plays Deep Purple and other Piano Solos from the 1920s and 1930s.

The first CD has a booklet with nice liner notes. What makes them even nicer is former DR Music Guy (AKA Lyn Larsen) wrote a portion of the notes! Lyn and Peter are good friends and were both friends of Jim Roseveare (JR passed away in 1988). We met Peter Mintun in 2003 when Lyn and Kerry came to New York. I love Peter's work on the piano. It's very hard to find his older CDs (Paramount is from 1997 and Deep Purple is from 1981!) We now have all 4 of Mr. Mintun's CDs. Now I just have to find the LPs because there are some tracks on vinyl that didn't make it to CD.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2006, 11:13:39 AM »

I have the Eagles Greatest Hits CD in the car.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2006, 11:23:55 AM »

Wrote two pages, and am now moving on to scene three of act one (scene two is a short seven page interim scene), with scenes one and three being the long sequences.

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2006, 11:28:46 AM »

Arrrrgh!  Somebody should have stopped me yesterday!  I thought I was "fixing" the notes pages in my PowerPoint and totally messed them up.  Now I have to go back and un-fix them.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2006, 11:37:34 AM »

Oh, Power Point!!! I just finished re-working a PP presentation that I have to make in two weeks. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's so not worth the hassle. And that's not even dealing with making sure the computer in the conference room is configured correctly with the overhead projecter so it will display your slides, AND making sure some other user of the public laptop in the conference room hasn't decided to "LOCK" the laptop so no one else can use it.

The Office! Someone should make a sitcom about it...what? Oh, never mind (an Emily Litella reference)  ;)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2006, 11:59:07 AM »

Holy smokes! Am I really almost to 1000 posts???
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2006, 11:59:39 AM »

I am! I am almost to 1000 posts!!! Only 2 to go...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2006, 12:00:35 PM »

Ba-da-bing! A real milestone... for those of us without a day job...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2006, 12:01:34 PM »

I did get some good writing in yesterday. Bruce inspires me!!
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2006, 12:08:05 PM »

I do find him also inspiring Penny when i comes to writing... One day I was bored in between my class and work I found myself writing something so un-me. But the exercise was fun and a great exploration..

George

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2006, 12:12:58 PM »

Congrats on the Four Digit Number of Posts, PennyO!! ;)

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2006, 12:48:08 PM »

Dan TM - I LOVE Black Narcissus.

RE Slings and Arrows. Must catch it. Have no idea when it's on. I saw one episode a while back and liked it a lot. Mind you, I think I lived Slings and Arrows. Back in my acting days I did a season with the Stratford Children's Theater. One of the stranger times in my life. And I've had a strange life.

Last night I went to a screening where I ran into people I hadn't seen in years. Wonderful to reconnect.

Media check:
CD - Strouse, Schwartz and Schwartz - I've listened to the Andrea Martin cut at least ten times in the car.
DVD- The Children are Watching Us (DeSica)

DD has just informed me that their trip to Belgium has been cancelled. Instead she's going to... Istanbul! My child's life has become a Crosby-Hope movie.

Ginny

« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2006, 12:51:34 PM »

My workday has been very productive.  I'm now prepared for my guest lecture on grantseeking research at Wright State University next Wednesday and well on my way to being ready for the Grantseeking Basics for Individuals in the Arts next Thursday.  Now I can enjoy the 3-day holiday weekend with my family  :D

But first, I have to information-waitress for an hour and a half.

Bye for now!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 12:52:12 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up