Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: SUNDAY - A DAY OF REST  (Read 12463 times)

Tomovoz

Re:SUNDAY - A DAY OF REST
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2006, 07:28:29 PM »

First reading - cold soup for dinner that was settling in your lungs.

I must concentrate and not skim!!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2006, 07:35:10 PM »

Today we saw The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. If you have been reading the reviews for this film, we pretty much agreed with them-excellent film.

Speaking of agreeing with reviews, last night we watch a Japanese film which is still haunting me, NOBODY KNOWS.  It is a completely fictional account, inspired by the story of four children who were abandoned by their mother and had to fend for themselves.  The young actor who plays the oldest brother won Best Actor at the Cannes festival in 2004.

'night.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2006, 07:35:59 PM »

Tomovoz-LOL

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2006, 08:00:46 PM »

Pretty uneventful day. Read through the ... in the absence of Spring... script again. Wow - it's a really good play. I find more and more to admire in it each time. I'm so glad I get to do it!!

Wrote some, exercised some, ate some... read a bit of Ram Dass. Sat in the sun - oh, la! Whatta blue, blue sky! Made a big salad with everything in it for dinner. now just listening to some New Age Music on Music Choice and writing to y'all.

Sleepy - boy, sitting in the sun seems to do it. I'll make it an early night.

Maria - i enjoyed the photos of your day! Especially the flowers. Always the flowers. Or trees. Or horses. Today, it was the flowers.
PennyO

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2006, 08:03:01 PM »

Pretty uneventful day. Read through the ... in the absence of Spring... script again. Wow - it's a really good play. I find more and more to admire in it each time. I'm so glad I get to do it!!

PennyO, I am sorry that I won't get to attend the reading.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2006, 08:03:47 PM »

It has been a long day for Bosco and I! We drove to Aumsville this morning and had Easter breakfast at my neice and her husband's house (sister and Brother in law joined us...not that we were coming apart, mind you!). Bosco got to meet his little cousin Piper who proceeded to harrass him at every opportunity!

Then Bosco and I drove up to West Linn and had Easter lunch at Mark and James's house. Our friend Terry and his three kids came down from Vancouver and we all had a great time. Bosco met his other cousin Digger. We all went to the park in Lake Oswego after lunch and walked the dogs around the river.

Bosco is now crashed out on the bedroom floor and I am going to crash on the couch and watch some TV!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2006, 08:10:04 PM »

I finshed RENT early this evening and then replayed the three or four songs that I particularly like. I'm not sure I'll actually watch the movie all the way through many more times since there's a lot of music I just don't care for, but thankfully, one can skip right to the songs he enjoys, and that's what I'll probably do in the future.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2006, 08:13:26 PM »

Then, I put in the first HARRY POTTER film which I haven't watched in awhile. Apart from seeing all the series regulars when they were much younger, I picked up some information this time through that I hadn't known (or remembered) before. For example, that there's a phoenix feather in Harry's wand just like there is in Valdemort's wand, one of the things that links them.

Only got about an hour in, so I'll enjoy finishing it tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2006, 08:14:52 PM »

COLD CASE had a death row case that brought back memories of the poignant IN JUSTICE episode from a couple of months ago that touched me so deeply. This one not only missed that mark, but the real murderer was obvious from the get-go, so a disappointing episode all around.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2006, 08:16:34 PM »

I really enjoyed DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES tonight. I liked all the stories, found them interesting, funny, or engrossing (apply proper adjective where appropriate).

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2006, 08:18:02 PM »

CROSSING JORDAN had a couple of interesting cases, too. One involving a major league baseball player accused of rape (some surprising twists in this story) and one involving an airman found frozen in an ice floe for 55 years. Enjoyed the show tonight.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2006, 08:23:41 PM »

And for the admirers of King Parrots.

Beautiful birds Tom!! Thanks for sharing...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2006, 08:29:57 PM »

I'm off to bed now.

Good night, everyone!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »

CROSSING JORDAN had a couple of interesting cases, too. One involving a major league baseball player accused of rape (some surprising twists in this story) and one involving an airman found frozen in an ice floe for 55 years. Enjoyed the show tonight.

I have never watched CROSSING JORDAN, but the previews for tonight looked interesting.  I think I will stick to FIREFLY instead.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2006, 08:48:27 PM »

The parrots remind me of another recommendation - THE WILD PARROTS OF TELEGRAPH HILL, a truly wonderful documentary. I saw the docu and was raving about it to everyone I met. About a week later, I attended the Genesis Awards (BTW - I got a postcard yesterday saying the the awards will be broadcast on Animal Planet on Sat. May 6, 2 pm PT/5 pm ET - the animal lovers among you would enjoy it) - to get back to my point - and discovered that I was sharing a table with Mark Bittner, the subject of the film and Judy Irving, the director! It was terrific to be able to tell them how much I'd enjoyed the film. Here's a photo of us from that evening...

That is a wonderful documentary.. It looks like you had a lovely day..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Kerry

« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2006, 08:50:21 PM »

Ole everybody!  My name's, "Louise"; what's yours?

Alright, it's not Louise, but Ole! just the same.

Happy Passover!  Happy Easter!  Many jelly beans to all-- not the spice kind or black ones, but the fruit jelly beans.  Peeps for one and all!
I like boat races.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2006, 08:54:38 PM »

Ms Shiksa Blue Moon and her master, both wearing hats for Easter Day.

She's done been in her parade, though.  ;D

Lovely picture. She truly is a beautiful dog

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2006, 09:03:29 PM »

I'm back from my parents' house.  We all went there for dinner and dessert, but I didn't have much of anything.  I can't taste.  I hate (yes, HATE) it when I get to this point in a cold. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2006, 09:07:19 PM »

~~~Vibes to EVERYONE who need them much more than I do!!~~~

(I know I only have a whimpy little cold.)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2006, 09:39:05 PM »

JRand  Blue Moon look very cute in their matching hats.  Actually Moon looks rather indifferent to the hat.

Maria the flowers are cheery on this rainy, snow flurried day.

Cillaliz I’m impressed you revived your lap-top.

Don't be too impressed. I haven't rebooted it yet, it could be dead again tomorrow. And I still can't post on the board from the new laptop. I haven't figured that one out. It must be some setting, but I can log in everywhere else....hmmmm

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2006, 09:41:02 PM »

Here's something else to stare at. Buddy Collette's Swinging Shepherds. Not too many people  tried the jazz flute combo.

I used to play jazz flute. On the c-flute and the alto.  I loved it.  I've never seen this before, I'd love to hear the combo

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2006, 09:45:38 PM »

Well, I must go to sleep. I have tomorrow off, but it's going to start early with breakfast with Paul and then my brother and sister in law are coming here at 10:00AM for a concert that starts at 8:00pm..... I don't think they want me to entertain them all day...I hope not anyway, I still have a lot to do and Callie has a vet appointment at 2:20Pm.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2006, 09:51:35 PM »

Now for sharing and eating!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2006, 10:07:26 PM »

Lovely bears, Tomovoz!

And now, I must do the Sick Wussburger and go to sleep.  Good night!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »

Looks like the teddy bears had a great Easter picnic.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up