Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD FOR WHAT AILS YA  (Read 21502 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:GOOD FOR WHAT AILS YA
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2006, 04:55:59 PM »

Feel better vibes to bk!!

Vibes to all who need them..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2006, 04:56:11 PM »

Page 7 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2006, 04:58:15 PM »

One of my most-HATED words...one which sets my teeth on dege...and one I wish I would NEVER hear again:

The mispronunciation of "mischievous" as "mischievious".

"Mischievous" has three syllables...and ONLY three syllables...miss'-chi-vus..with accent on the first syllable.

My teeth grind when I hear "miss chee'-vee-us"...because NO SUCH WORD EXISTS.

:D

AMEN someone agrees with me!!! THank you Ron!!

I have been arguing that for years!!

Another pet peeve is using borrow for the loan. I think some that may be due to the Scandinavian heritage that is in this area....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2006, 05:04:30 PM »

I'm pretty tonight's AI is the Great American Songbook, because they have, like, Rod Stewart as the guest.  Like, yeah.

Actually, Robbie, I think you are pretty, anytime.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »

Maria, you make many good points. I do try and watch how I type things and I know I sometimes write things that do not make sense. I do try but there are words I do not know how to correctly pronounce for I cannot hear them correctly. I do try...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2006, 05:22:19 PM »

My friend Margo just told me that her sister Bobbie (sp?) is going to be on "The Today Show" tomorrow morning!  I must tape it for her because Margo doesn't have TV, other than for watching videos and DVDs.  Bobbie is a manager of an REI store in the midwest and, I don't know the details, but I think that her store donated 20 bicycles to a group that helps kids or something like that.  So, "The Today Show" wants to talk with Bobbie and a couple of her co-workers!  Pretty cool! ;D

Cool Beans!!  That will be a nice bit of fame for her.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2006, 05:24:04 PM »

Supposedly I will be on my way to the editing room soon.  It was supposed to be at four, then got changed to "maybe" six.  We shall see.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2006, 05:24:53 PM »

Maybe some day DR Sandra will tell the story of the plastic flamingos and the F word.

I have my own stories of misadventure concerning pink flamingoes

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2006, 05:48:20 PM »

I need to cook some rice.  I'm doing a stir-fry tonight.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2006, 06:14:44 PM »

Maria, you make many good points. I do try and watch how I type things and I know I sometimes write things that do not make sense. I do try but there are words I do not know how to correctly pronounce for I cannot hear them correctly. I do try...

Did I miss something?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2006, 06:15:22 PM »

The phrase "unconditional love" is abused...People wanting it, yearning for it, saying they give it.  There is simply no such thing.  All love has conditions; all love has a bottom line, all love has its boundaries.

A dog is the closest thing that will give unconditional love and even it has its boundaries.  Beat it enough, it'll run away or bite you.

"Classic" is woefully abused.  Particuarly by critics.  Couple it with "instant classic" and it's even worse.  Again, no such thing.  A classic must be defined by the test of time.

"Fuck" is ridiculously abused.  

Sad but true.

Jane

« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2006, 06:24:33 PM »

IRregardless.

According to Word Document the definition for irregardless.  I then looked the word up.  Is…. “see regardless”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2006, 06:26:32 PM »

Well I must say for years I had used perogative instead of prerogative....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2006, 06:28:46 PM »

TEENAGE CAVEMAN is one boring movie....booooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiingggggggggggg....a nd pretentious......

And misframed!  All we see on the sides of the screen are one eye and a nose....  I thought it was off, but couldn't believe they would release a DVD masked so wrong.....but then at the end the credits said:

THE END

and below that where it should have said
            An
American International
          Picture

It said:
           An
merican Internationa
       Picture
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 06:29:15 PM by JRand55 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2006, 06:29:45 PM »

The She Creature at least has Lance Fuller.....

Jane

« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2006, 06:30:08 PM »

SWW I so enjoyed reading about Angie.  Since I’m guessing so might now appear on someone’s list I could have simply said I enjoyed reading about Angie.  You what, I loved reading is so much more fun than and that is what I shall say.  I loved reading about Angie.  When do I get to see her?

The story of Rudy gave me chills.  

Jane

« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2006, 06:31:12 PM »

Ron, my kind of kitty. :)

DakotaCelt are you feeling better?

Jane

« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2006, 06:42:53 PM »

WOW!  Check out this video of three kites dancing in the air to beautiful music.  I can barely get one kite in the air yet these are all controlled by one person.  I suppose that is why he is the World multiply kite champion.

http://www.kitelife.com/videos/demo/bethell_promo.htm

Sorry, I lost my "click here" instructions.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2006, 06:56:23 PM »

Ron, my kind of kitty. :)

DakotaCelt are you feeling better?

FEeling a bit better.... my sense of humour is returning so that is a good sign

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2006, 06:58:32 PM »

WOW!  Check out this video of three kites dancing in the air to beautiful music.  I can barely get one kite in the air yet these are all controlled by one person.  I suppose that is why he is the World multiply kite champion.

http://www.kitelife.com/videos/demo/bethell_promo.htm

Sorry, I lost my "click here" instructions.

Amazing the mastery some have with flying kites...

Jane

« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2006, 07:17:46 PM »

Having a good sense of humor makes life easier-glad you are on the mend.

Jane

« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2006, 07:29:01 PM »

We have two cute little ground squirrels I have decided to name Chip and Dale.  They come right up to the sliding glass door & look at us-very funny.  I just hope they don’t get into as much mischief as their namesakes.  Like their namesakes I hope they are the same sex-cute as they are, two are more than enough.

I can just imagine the hoopla around Chip ‘n’ Dale if they were introduced today and not in 1943.

Jane

« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2006, 07:29:23 PM »

'night.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2006, 08:08:55 PM »

MattH.. the cable guy came on Saturday and replaced our analog receiver with a digital receiver.  I have since discovered that it is not constantly snowing in the NBC Today Show studios!!!

The difference between analog and digital transmission can sometimes be astounding!

Congrats on the upgrade!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2006, 08:12:05 PM »

TEENAGE CAVEMAN is one boring movie....booooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiingggggggggggg....a nd pretentious......

And misframed!  All we see on the sides of the screen are one eye and a nose....  I thought it was off, but couldn't believe they would release a DVD masked so wrong.....but then at the end the credits said:

THE END

and below that where it should have said
            An
American International
          Picture

It said:
           An
merican Internationa
       Picture

This kind of thing just drives me crazy. I had a letterboxed copy of one of the Bond movies on videotape (I forget which one but it was with Roger Moore), and the credits were chopped off on the left side because someone had misframed the image. Just made me furious.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2006, 08:12:40 PM »

Dakota - I'm not sure what you're referring to. Unless you're using my "points" as a jumping off point to speak generally. But I certainly didn't mention anything about your posts not making sense. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you wrote. Anyway, to clarify things - my rant post wasn't about anyone here.

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2006, 08:14:07 PM »

Watched another MONK episode on the Season 3 set. This was the one where Monk was fired as a consultant with the SFPD and had to apply for a job as a fact checker at a magazine. Funny episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2006, 08:23:34 PM »

IDOL tonight:

Judges be damned. They didn't hear the performances I heard.

They raved about Paris. Her breathing was poor, she had several missed notes (just above or just below the tone). I felt hers was the weakest performance of the night, well, not counting Kellie Pickler's case of nerves jumping ahead of the music and singing sharp in her terror.

For me, Chris was first and best of the night. Once and for all, he did a quiet, tender, beautiful rendition of "What a Wonderful World" and showed he does have the ability to carry a tune without resorting to screaming and infuse it with warmth. His vocal had the effect that Elliott's vocals usually have on me.

Ace would have been my favorite of the night if he had (a) not resorted to that lame falsetto (b) not displayed his nerves on the final note.

Didn't get the raves for Katharine. She did very well, very secure, but Simon's calling hers the only professional rendition in a sea of amateurs was unfair to the others.

Elliott had a very secure vocal, too, but it didn't send me into the stratosphere as he usually does, and with this music, he could really have taken off. It seemed he was afraid to noodle around with it too much.

As for the phone calls, well, I believe Ace will be leaving us. He had the fewest busy signals. In fact, the only one whose line was constantly busy all night (and I called everyone's number at four different intervals including ten minutes before voting ended) was Paris. Elliott's line was busier tonight than it's ever been.

I'm guessing the bottom three will be Ace, Katharine, and Kellie.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 08:27:25 PM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2006, 08:24:35 PM »

HOUSE. Very intriguing episode and as much turmoil within the team as with the patient. Very interesting developments tonight.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 08:25:07 PM by Matt H. »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2006, 08:27:45 PM »

T.O.D.

When I first moved to New jersey, back in 1979, it used to drive me crazy that everyone said "or what."

"You want coffee, or what?"

"Are you coming over tonight, or what?"

It drove me crazy.  Everyone said it from the guy at the deli on the corner to the President of Fairleigh Dickenson Unviersity.  I used to laugh and laugh.

Buy the time I moved back to Warshington in 1983, I was the one that was saying it without even knowing it.

Working with social workers for the last twenty years the word "networking" and the phrase "So what you are saying is....."; both drive me crazy.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up