Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FIRMWARE  (Read 31226 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:FIRMWARE
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2008, 04:00:14 PM »

What they're saying is that they'll pay for the pianist and the two I'M paying for will be the bass and drums, but that is not what I agreed to - so, we'll see.
I'm hoping what you agreed to earlier was in writing.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2008, 04:03:26 PM »

I agree, Woody.  Hope all emails have been saved.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2008, 04:06:38 PM »

I have found memorization, which used to be effortless, an increasing problem as I've gotten older.

I have to sing at a black tie gala event next Saturday.  I've been dreading it.  So about a month ago, I printed out all my words, laminated the sheet, and have been carrying it around with me every time I take the dog for a walk.

And I guess it worked!  First rehearsal with the accompanist last night, and I didn't forget any of my lyrics!

Yeah, but how many lyrics are there in HAPPY BIRTHDAY?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »

I agree, Woody.  Hope all emails have been saved.

Yeah, what the other lawyer said  ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2008, 04:14:38 PM »

I'm afraid my Firmware is sagging!
[/size]

The story of my life. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »

I shall be truant again (so what's new?).  I shall be visiting my sister who had hip replacement surgery on Wednesday.

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for DR Tomovoz's Sister!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »

~~~Feel Better Vibes for DR Ron!!~~~

George

« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2008, 04:23:15 PM »

~~~Feel Better Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~

singdaw

« Reply #218 on: April 11, 2008, 04:47:43 PM »

I see that the Baltimore Symphony will be doing one performance of Bernstein's Mass at Carnegie Hall this coming October.

singdaw

« Reply #219 on: April 11, 2008, 04:51:56 PM »

I was at a used book sale yesterday and took home a used copy of the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis estate sale catalogue from 1996.  Interesting browsing!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2008, 05:01:52 PM »

OK, now you're starting to scare me--first, you have a dog named after my son, and now you have a pianist named after my dog.

;D

Ginny

« Reply #221 on: April 11, 2008, 05:17:51 PM »

Richard and I just ate Papa John's Tuscan 6-Cheese Pizza for dinner.  It was yummy!

Looking forward to a 3-day weekend with not much planned.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #222 on: April 11, 2008, 05:50:27 PM »

Just saw a commercial for Papa John's 6-Cheese Pizza. It LOOKED yummy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: April 11, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »

Today is my mother's 81st birthday!   She is having a good time. My brother and sister-in-law are taking her and my dad to the Fairmont Opera house to see ....someone...can't remember who. Anyway, she was looking forward to it

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2008, 06:05:48 PM »

I ate some dinner at Art's and will soon be on my way to the John Anson Ford theater.

Cillaliz

« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2008, 06:06:48 PM »

Ah, it's Michael Martin Murphey - http://www.michaelmartinmurphey.com/  Should have thought of him on the MM day. I can't remember the last time I thought of Wildfire....
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 06:07:22 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2008, 06:08:40 PM »

Hey, Singdaw, have you ever been to the Fairmont Opera Hosue http://www.fairmontoperahouse.com/  it's in Fairmont, Minnesota

Ginny

« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2008, 06:19:56 PM »

Happy 81st birthday to DR Cillaliz's mom!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »

Lordy, MMM's career goes back a ways.  He's done a lot more than "Wildfire," even if that was his breakout hit.

Somewhere in our Christmas music collection, we've a CD he did of cowboy Christmas songs.

And he is cute.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »

Lordy, MMM's career goes back a ways.  He's done a lot more than "Wildfire," even if that was his breakout hit.

Somewhere in our Christmas music collection, we've a CD he did of cowboy Christmas songs.

And he is cute.

My brother was going to make sure he knew about Mom's birthday. She'll love it. She pretends she doesn't want that sort of recognition but she eats it up. I'll be anxious to hear all about it

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: April 11, 2008, 06:23:54 PM »

Happy 81st birthday to DR Cillaliz's mom!

Thanks DR Ginny

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #231 on: April 11, 2008, 06:25:10 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, it's been a day of laundry, cleaning and clearing things off the DVR for me.  One of things that I happened to record was this week's ABC Primetime Live - "The Last Lecture: A Love Story for Your Life".  I had decided at the last minute to set the DVR to record it before I headed to the theatre, and, boy, am I glad I did!  Yes, I cried during almost every segment, but they were good tears.   -And talk about putting things in perspective!

In short, one of the most inspirational, moving and motivating hours of TV I have ever watched.  -And I'm setting aside some time to watch the "real" Last Lecture.

The story centers around Carnegie-Mellon professor, Randy Pausch, and how he has lived his life and continues(!) to live his life.  Just an amazing person, an amazing example, and an amazing Teacher.

There's no real way I can describe "everything", however, ABC does have the Primetime Live show on their website, and it is divided into segments for easy viewing.  Once you watch the first segment, I'm sure you'll watch the rest.

The Last Lecture: A Love Story For Your Life

And here is the link to the "Last Lecture" that started everything:

Randy Pausch Lecture: Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #232 on: April 11, 2008, 06:26:48 PM »

The Sarah Jane Adventures got off to a good start tonight.  No, it's not as complex as Doctor Who or Torchwood, but it's not supposed to be - it's the kid's version.  Anyone who's seen the early episodes of Doctor Who - the original version with William Hartnell, back in the days when he was a crotchety old man travelling around through time and space with his granddaughter Susan, and accidentally kidnapped teachers Barbara and Ian, will recognize SJA's heritage.

Good to see Elizabeth Sladen back in good form.  And Samantha Bond makes a great villian, not just the cool and sexy Moneypenny from the Bond films.

And that's as far as I can go without SPOILERS.

George

« Reply #233 on: April 11, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »

Today is my mother's 81st birthday!   She is having a good time. My brother and sister-in-law are taking her and my dad to the Fairmont Opera house to see ....someone...can't remember who. Anyway, she was looking forward to it

A Very Happy 81st Birthday to Cillaliz's Mother!! :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »

A Very Happy 81st Birthday to Cillaliz's Mother!! :D

Thanks George!

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2008, 06:32:17 PM »

I'm watching Meeting David Wilson on MSNBC. It's very good.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23780855/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 06:33:08 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #236 on: April 11, 2008, 06:33:08 PM »

I shall be truant again (so what's new?).  I shall be visiting my sister who had hip replacement surgery on Wednesday.

Speedy healing vibes to your DS!

Cillaliz

« Reply #237 on: April 11, 2008, 06:34:02 PM »

It is cold here and the wind is howling, but we didn't get the snow they had predicted.  We did get almost 2 inches of rain

Jane

« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2008, 06:35:53 PM »

DR Ron, best of luck with this dental procedure you are dealing with.  I hope it solves all your dental problems.

Jane

« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »

DR Cilla, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DM!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up