Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: APRIL COME SHE WILL  (Read 4178 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: APRIL COME SHE WILL
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2020, 05:23:31 PM »

Thanks, DR Jeanne, for the Doc Martin link.  I really enjoyed it!

I'm glad you did. I thought it was rather clever. And I think there'll be another season after all.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2020, 05:24:12 PM »

I started listening to the few songs Mary Martin recorded from One Touch of Venus last night. I hate now truncated the score is, but I was seriously knocked out by her version of I’m a Stranger Here Myself.

https://youtu.be/VMA0e5QhUhA

Here's Paige O'Hara from John McGlinn's BBC Radio broadcast.
https://soundcloud.com/user5614139/im-a-stranger-here-myself

Very nice.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2020, 05:34:30 PM »

He came out with two  2 lb. Packages and started to hand one to each of us when the man said "the limits 2 I want both of them, I was here first".

How rude! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2020, 05:34:42 PM »

Then he brought me two 3 lb packages and apologized for the other guy

Nice! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2020, 05:34:48 PM »

DR JANE the slack times seem to be in the late morning or mid-afternoon.........

10:30 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 - 4 p.m.

Several months ago, pre-Covid-19, I was at the local 99 Cent store and asked the checker if one needed to come in the early morning to miss the crowd. He said no, that early morning is very busy. What time is best? Late morning.

I'm sure it varies from store to store, but there does seem to be lot of people who like the early hours.

Laura

« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2020, 05:36:06 PM »

My DH went to the senior shopping this morning. He said it wasn't busy. But there wasn't much on the shelves. He brought home stuff we don't need.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2020, 05:37:20 PM »

My brother who is the manager of the Greencastle Aldi says that old folks shopping time is the WORST time to go - no social distancing and LOTS of people.

He says that other times of the day there are only two or three folks in the store......

DR JRand, we saw some news footage from a Kroger store that made me suspect as much.  We are now thoroughly sold on pre-ordering for curbside pick-up and I've been coaching, via text, my friend Rebecca on how to do that.  It would be so much easier to show her in person...

My problem is I do not want any substitutes.  Keith likes to check expiration dates.  For some reason many of the foods we buy are expired or have too short of an expiration date.  As for vegetables, we want to pick our own. 

For now we will continue to go inside the store and do our best to avoid people. 

I have basically the same issues. If what I want is not available I may or may not want a substitute.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2020, 05:39:20 PM »

Senior shopping only helps if there was a delivery that morning. Otherwise, the shelves are bare.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2020, 05:40:00 PM »

Stay well, everyone.

TTFN.

George

« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2020, 06:06:35 PM »

In all this talk about taping shows, I'm not forgetting licensing issues when it's not one's own work. We had ourselves a nice little scandal here a few years back when one of the theaters was reported to one of the licensing houses for not only taping a performance of each show, but then distributing copies to the cast. And boy, did that ever result in a dumpster fire.

And now that theater doesn't permit it at all. Others keep it more under wraps and don't distribute copies. Or if they do, it's on an individual basis and strictly under the table.

So it's nice when you're doing an original work and the creator is standing right there authorizing the taping.

Exactly!  Theater Artists Olympia did our own musical adaptation of The Brain That Wouldn't Die, called The Head That Wouldn't Die!  We filmed it and my friend pug the director literally just yesterday sent (private) YouTube links to watch it.  It was a great show. :)

George

« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2020, 06:06:46 PM »

I started listening to the few songs Mary Martin recorded from One Touch of Venus last night. I hate now truncated the score is, but I was seriously knocked out by her version of I’m a Stranger Here Myself.

I've always loved that song!

George

« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2020, 06:06:57 PM »

The 90+-minute conversation on Babes In Toyland went very well.  I hope it leads yo several good things happening.

~~~Continued Vibes for Good Things Happening!!~~~

George

« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2020, 06:08:06 PM »

DR George I was referring to a "attempted delivery notice" left on the door of your library.  Then you could go to that post office & pick up the package before it was returned to sender.

Nope.  There are no "attempted delivery notices" left on the door from the post office.  There is a notice on our door from us saying that we're closed, so they're holding everything...hopefully, they're actually holding everything and not sending anything back. :-\

George

« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2020, 06:08:14 PM »

Here's Paige O'Hara from John McGlinn's BBC Radio broadcast.
https://soundcloud.com/user5614139/im-a-stranger-here-myself

:D

George

« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2020, 06:08:36 PM »

Listening to the soundtrack of the horrible film version of 3Penny Opera. Terrible lyrics from Menachem Golan, who directed. And the orchestrator seems to have thrown accordion at every song. (What is the squeezebox version of “More cowbell!”) But Julia Migenes, Roger Daltry, Raul Julia and even Richard Harris give it their all.

I have a friend who LOVES that recording.

George

« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2020, 06:08:50 PM »

Made pasta with red onions and mushrooms but the mushrooms tasted weird so I avoided those, only having had one, which I spit out.  The sauce was fine but I threw out about three ounces of it.  Part of the problem is that I wanted a dash of cayenne - I unscrewed the cap to add and dumped in a ton because they've now changed the way you do it - flip-top now.  I cleaned most of it out since it was all on top but enough was still  there to make it too spicy for me.

Yikes! :P That's terrible.

George

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2020, 06:11:55 PM »

DR George I was referring to a "attempted delivery notice" left on the door of your library.  Then you could go to that post office & pick up the package before it was returned to sender.

Nope.  There are no "attempted delivery notices" left on the door from the post office.  There is a notice on our door from us saying that we're closed, so they're holding everything...hopefully, they're actually holding everything and not sending anything back. :-\

If you know which post office delivers there I would stop in and ask.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2020, 06:13:54 PM »

The sun came out so we went for a short walk.  We had to get off of the walking path as there were too many people not practicing social distancing.

Our path is about 12 feet wide.  We go to one side, and often enough others go to the opposite side.  Tonight they were walking completely across the path.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2020, 06:14:29 PM »

We feel terrible when we see the neighbors dogs that expect our attention and treats :( 

George

« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2020, 06:34:30 PM »

If you know which post office delivers there I would stop in and ask.

I could probably do that.  I have to go back to work tomorrow.

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2020, 06:35:25 PM »

I too had never of o Zoom until recently.  I know of teachers that are using it.  Craig isn't.

I was in a Zoom conference call that was hacked the other day.. Kids doing a lot of potty mouth talk. Pretty disgusting.  It's sad, we were going to learn about Covid-19 in the prison system. THey had to end the call before even getting started

George

« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2020, 06:37:04 PM »

I went in today but the credit card's website wasn't working!  I couldn't even get to the login screen!  I sent a message to my supervisor and he couldn't get to the site, so I got my stuff and left work.  A couple of hours after I left, he sent a message saying that the site is back up and running.  I'll go in tomorrow and do what I should've done today.

George

« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2020, 06:38:01 PM »

I too had never of o Zoom until recently.  I know of teachers that are using it.  Craig isn't.

I was in a Zoom conference call that was hacked the other day.. Kids doing a lot of potty mouth talk. Pretty disgusting.  It's sad, we were going to learn about Covid-19 in the prison system. THey had to end the call before even getting started

WTH?? :o

cillaliz

• Like so much fish!
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2020, 06:40:21 PM »

WTH?? :o

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/zoom-bombing-fbi-teleconferences-online-classrooms-hackers

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2020, 06:42:04 PM »

this is good to know. It tells me why we don't use it at work. It's not secure. Church is using it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2020, 06:42:05 PM »

I have a facebook friend who's mother is in the hospital with a blood clot.  The mother is improving.  I am just mentioning this as my friend, a doctor, believes her mother wasn't moving enough during this quarantine.

Please don't forget to keep moving and stretching, whatever you can do even if it is simple movements.

Both exercise and fresh air are important. I think those who are telling us to stay in are making a mistake. Stay home, yes, but I see no reason to stay inside all the time.

We’ve already seen how grateful we’re going to be for our big front porch and for the table and chairs that Rob and Mary Linda left there.  Our house sits up high from the street (remember the steep driveway?), so we can perch outside when the weather cooperates.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2020, 06:43:58 PM »

After work, I went out and did about an hour of yard work. Filled up the green bin and got a few weeds taken care of.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2020, 06:44:24 PM »

:( 

John G.

« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2020, 06:44:35 PM »

Then I did the dishes, which was not fun.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up