Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: DESIGNING THE BOOK  (Read 12492 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: DESIGNING THE BOOK
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »

Like DR Doug R, my old fire alarms would go off every time I used my oven and I would wind up having to pop the battery, hopefully remembering to put it back in place.  This past fall I wised up and bought new detectors that were not so sensitive to moderate heat.  During all the cooking On Christmas Day there wasn't a peep from them.  I also like how the units easily screw off the base (easy to change batteries) and that they have a built in emergency light.

Good for you!!!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2012, 04:43:06 PM »

And now...off to sing Carmina Burana! :)

Hello, SwishySarah!  Are you performing or just attending the performance?  When I was in college at Western Washington University, we performed Carmina Burana with three university choirs, the community choir and three different orchestras!  It got real loud! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »

I am happy to learn today that my friend Ben Hope, who was the Joseph character in our May reading of the Appalachian Chrtistmas piece, has been cast in the Broadway production of ONCE to cover several roles

Larry, congrats to your friend, Ben!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2012, 04:50:20 PM »

I got rid of my smoke detector because it went off every time I started cooking!

Perhaps it  would have been safer to get rid of your stove!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »

Still proofing after all these years.  Going very slowly and methodically.  Finding only a few em dash things and only a handful of bad across-the-page hyphens, all easy to fix.  However, amusingly, I thankfully caught a whopper of a mistake in the very first paragraph of the prologue.  It just goes to show that you can have three sets of eager eyes proofing (not including mine own) and all sets of eyes somehow missed this huge whopper of an error.  In the paragraph I say it was 1993 and that I'd just pulled out from The Shores, where I'd been living since 1998.  How could everyone, including me, miss that over and over again.  It should have obviously said 1988.

Unless you are Merlin, and are living your life backwards.
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR Matthew!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »

Seems that lots of people forgot about SMASH last night (myself included--MAUDE reruns again)

I'm afraid that SMASH is not must see TV for moi.

If you people would just watch the blind auditions of THE VOICE, you would be already set when SMASH comes on. I don't watch SMASH, but I have really gotten hooked on THE VOICE.

From just about every thing I've read about THE VOICE I gather that it's not as bad as AMERICAN YODEL (the opinion piece in last week's EW was a love letter to the show.). But in any case, these talent competition shows aren't my cup of tea.

I do not like American Idol or any of those other singing competitions, but I really like THE VOICE.  All of the performers are talented (some more than others); but even those individuals that are not chosen for any of the teams still receive nice comments from the four coaches.  There is none of this making fun of the performers and no Simon!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:11:44 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2012, 05:07:12 PM »

BK--do you know when the NYC get-together might be?  Saturday, the 10th or Sunday, the 11th?

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »

Those are lovely knitting projects, Ginny!

Thank you, DR George!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »

This is the first year that I have watched THE VOICE.  I am not sure I will find the show as interesting once we get into the next phase of the show.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »

And here's the Reader Wrap that I think looks like rainbow sherbet:

What is a Reader Wrap?   I really like it, I just don't know what it is.

The Reader's Wrap is a stole with pockets.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »

DR TCB a reader wrap is just what it sounds like, something you wrap yourself in while you read.

DR Ginny are you making a short wrap?  It is very pretty.  Is it for you?  I don't think I could wear something like that with all the dog hair in this house.

DR Jane, this one will be about 60" long when it's finished.  It's for me - I wanted something in summery colors because I get cold with all the air conditioning.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »

So, the Nook dropped its prices today and I may just have to buckle down and get one. I think a Nook is more of what I need than a tablet.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »

Oh, and greetings from the west side of beautiful Lima, OH!

John G.

« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2012, 05:17:41 PM »

DR TCB a reader wrap is just what it sounds like, something you wrap yourself in while you read.

DR Ginny are you making a short wrap?  It is very pretty.  Is it for you?  I don't think I could wear something like that with all the dog hair in this house.

DR Jane, this one will be about 60" long when it's finished.  It's for me - I wanted something in summery colors because I get cold with all the air conditioning.
I may need to make myself one if the office is still as cool as I remember it being. Although I prefer the summery color black.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2012, 05:24:33 PM »

Mlle. is now officially banned in France. Guess there will be no revivals of "Mlle. Modeste" and no one can sing "Dites-Moi" with its "chere mademoiselle" lyric anymore. And Mlle. from Armentieres doesn't parlez-vous any more.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »

I hope we will have a photo of you modeling it.  It should be perfect for summer.  I have the same problem with the air on.

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2012, 05:41:49 PM »

I like SMASH

Ginny

« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »

I like SMASH

I do, too, DR Cillaliz - even skipped CASTLE last night to see SMASH in real time.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2012, 05:46:33 PM »

I like SMASH

I do, too, DR Cillaliz - even skipped CASTLE last night to see SMASH in real time.

CASTLE was great last night.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2012, 05:47:45 PM »

I like CASTLE too

Jane

« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »

Mlle. is now officially banned in France. Guess there will be no revivals of "Mlle. Modeste" and no one can sing "Dites-Moi" with its "chere mademoiselle" lyric anymore. And Mlle. from Armentieres doesn't parlez-vous any more.

Mademoiselle is much prettier than Madame.  They should have dropped the Madame instead.  I really dislike Ms & wished something better had been chose or that everyone was just Miss.  I know, the younger version doesn't sound serious enough.

Jane

« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2012, 05:50:05 PM »

I like CASTLE too

I wouldn't even think of watching something else.  In fact, we will be watching it tonight.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2012, 05:51:53 PM »

Happy Birthday DR MATTHEW!!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »

Thank you for the birthday wishes, DR's TCB, Cillaliz and KevinH
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:58:22 PM by Matthew »

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »

And here's the ALW classic "Zoom the Spaceman wishes Matthew a super-happy birthday"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILjuF9gVHYM

That was cool!

I am not sure that Matthew's DP is going to be too thrilled having Zoom flying over their bed tonight.

Trust me, he wouldn't notice!

John G.

« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2012, 06:03:43 PM »

Thank you for the birthday wishes, DR's TCB, Cillaliz and KevinH

So, how are you celebrating, Matthew?
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2012, 06:07:17 PM »

I like SMASH

I'm also enjoying it.  I watched Castle and recorded Smash.  I'll watch it later this week.  I think tonight's viewings are booked.

KevinH

« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2012, 06:23:38 PM »

I forgot about Smash too.  I think each episode has been on a few times though, so maybe I can catch it later in the week.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »

One more.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up