Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CALL ME  (Read 11717 times)

Jennifer

Re: CALL ME
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2010, 05:25:24 PM »

RE: LOST

More "Lost" talk...

DR Jennifer - Part of "Lost's" method has been to concentrate on one character every now and then from the first season. Just sayin'.

I know but most of the other episodes have featured a) much more island time and b)it seemed like more cast members were featured.

Although maybe more cast members were featured in past shows because they focused more time on the island!

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2010, 05:30:10 PM »

I wonder if those hard-shelled chocolate eggs that i thought were Cadbury are really Hershey's.

I know both companies make the chocolate ones. For some reason i thought the peanut butter ones that i loved were made by Cadbury's. But now i think it may be Hershey's.

And these are not to be mistaken with the milk chocolate little eggs with peanut butter filling. Those are good too. But for some reason the hard shelled ones were a delicious surprise that i was not expecting.

Jennifer, those Mini-eggs say Cadbury directly above the name!

I think she showed the bag to demonstrate what the candy looked like.  That bag seems to be the traditional chocolate eggs from Cadbury, not ones filled with peanut butter.

Yep DR Jane is right. I tried to find the peanut butter bag but couldn't find it. And then i was not sure if the hard shelled ones i had were cadbury or hershey's since they make the exact same hard shelled eggs (and i saw both at Walmart where i bought mine). So i just showed the bag to give an idea. Since saying "hard shelled easter candy" would not be descriptive enough for most people to know what i meant.

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »

I love peanut butter M&Ms too good to be true.

Craig has/had a big Mr M&M dispenser he kept filled with peanut butter M&M's.  At first I didn't care for the peanut butter ones & eventually I became addicted to them. 

I also have/had this. My uncle gave it to me. And my niece used to play with it. I used to put cheerios in it when she was little.

I don't think i've ever tried peanut butter M&Ms. That is different from peanut filled M&Ms right?

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2010, 05:32:49 PM »

Actually sometimes when i mention candy i am not sure if the brand is Canadian or US. One of our most popular chocolate candies is Canadian and i never knew this.

Smarties. They are basically the same as M&Ms but in different colors like purple, green red, black... And they are more pancake shaped vs balls. This is one of my favorite chocolates.

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2010, 05:33:12 PM »

I think i will check out some tv now.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2010, 05:34:23 PM »

Actually sometimes when i mention candy i am not sure if the brand is Canadian or US. One of our most popular chocolate candies is Canadian and i never knew this.

Smarties. They are basically the same as M&Ms but in different colors like purple, green red, black... And they are more pancake shaped vs balls. This is one of my favorite chocolates.

We have Smarties here in the US, but they're nothing like M&Ms:

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »

And now, I'm off.  I want to see if I can find some shorts to wear for a costume in The Brain From Planet X, and then visit Margo again.  I still need to get her car keys so that I can pick her up in her van tomorrow.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2010, 05:40:36 PM »

I love peanut butter M&Ms too good to be true.

Craig has/had a big Mr M&M dispenser he kept filled with peanut butter M&M's.  At first I didn't care for the peanut butter ones & eventually I became addicted to them. 

Don't you hate it when that happens??

:D

;D  Craig wasn't too happy about it either, until I began keeping it filled for him/me.

Jane

« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »

We used to get trash pickup twice a week. Now it's once for trash and once for recycling.

I'm envious.  We have to go to the recycling center. :( 

Jane

« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2010, 05:45:55 PM »

I thought I knew everything Lindt makes.  I don't remember the white chocolate eggs. 

I used to purchase a mini bag of the Cadbury mini eggs every Easter.  Why I don't know since I'm not really crazy about them.  I would be willing to try peanut butter filled ones. ;)

Michael

« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2010, 06:03:54 PM »

All of the cds you have produced what was the one did not sell up to your expectations?
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2010, 06:05:33 PM »

All of the cds you have produced what was the one did not sell up to your expectations?

Wow, a question.  I think that would be Prime Time Musicals.

Michael

« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »

Another ASK BK

If you had the opportunity to buy back the FA catalogue at a reasonable price and no strings attached would you do it?
Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2010, 06:10:44 PM »

And now, I'm off.  I want to see if I can find some shorts to wear for a costume in The Brain From Planet X, and then visit Margo again.  I still need to get her car keys so that I can pick her up in her van tomorrow.

Until later!

are you the brain?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2010, 06:11:24 PM »

I watched last week's episode of Lost, then last night's.  The former was not much to my liking, but last night's, while not quite achieving the "wow" factor that everyone else seems to think it achieved, at least held my interest and didn't irritate me, although I do really not like these occasional new characters like Zoe.  Obviously in last night's episode they are sowing the seeds of what the alternate timeline is really about.  And yes, they've really got their work cut out to wrap this up in a satisfying way, at least from my point of view.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2010, 06:11:46 PM »

I think I'll watch Cocoon - a movie I didn't much like when it came out - maybe it's aged well, though.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #166 on: April 07, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »

Wow, a question.  I think that would be Prime Time Musicals.
I always enjoyed that CD.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: April 07, 2010, 06:20:01 PM »

One reason that I love living where I live.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #168 on: April 07, 2010, 06:22:42 PM »

Beautiful TCB!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »

Great photo, TCB!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »

Oh wow. That's beautiful.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2010, 06:27:59 PM »

That's a gorgeous photo, DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: April 07, 2010, 06:29:26 PM »

WOW! Love the photo TCB.  Daffodils are my favorite. I have some in a vase right now

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: April 07, 2010, 07:02:55 PM »

One reason that I love living where I live.

Gorgeous!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2010, 07:23:28 PM »

It has been a weird night at the library....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2010, 07:23:49 PM »

Cranky students... and people who do not understand the definition of no....

Laura

« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2010, 07:25:11 PM »

Sounds like you've got two-year-olds in there tonight.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2010, 07:25:52 PM »

Sounds like you've got two-year-olds in there tonight.

Or faculty members...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »

I had a wonderful evening of leisure viewing.

I began with JULIE & JULIA on Blu-ray. I wasn't actually going to watch it tonight, but the cable box kept wanting to reset itself (I had it tuned to a problematic channel which is why it was struggling), so I just turned it off for a while and watched this used Blu-ray which I received earlier in the week.

I'm sometimes wary of buying used discs, but this one played like a dream, and I just loved seeing the movie again after enjoying it so much the first time around.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2010, 07:32:06 PM »

Another big big hit for Encores! This is the first production of ANYONE CAN WHISTLE that I've really enjoyed and been moved by. I thought the Carnegie Hall production would be wonderful and definitive, and it wasn't. This production makes the show work really well.

Donna Murphy is a star and she's very funny, I 've always thought in the past  Raul Esparza acted too much - he's one of the Victoria Clark "see how hard I'm acting" school - but I found him really charming and wonderful as Hapgood, and Sutton Foster is so moving and funny in her "Lady from Lourdes" costume and wig. The title song and the scene around it were beautifully done and very poignant, as was the farewell scene of "With So Little To Be Sure Of." Cora's henchmen, Jeff Blumenkrantz and Edward Hibbert, were really funny and I thought Casey's direction very clever and his choreography of "The Cookie Chase" stopped the show, a brilliant ballet parody, with the caged cookies emerging from the cage like the swans in "Swan Lake." My beloved Rob Berman's musical direction was excellent, and I kept wishing all evening that someone will record this production.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up