Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CALL ME  (Read 11678 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CALL ME
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:29:08 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes called me, and now it is time for you to post until the calling cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: CALL ME
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 01:29:44 AM »

And the word of the day is: MEGRIM!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:33:45 AM »

Congrats, BK, on a successful couple of nights of readings of the long musical!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 04:22:07 AM »

Good morning, all! I have my first day in two weeks with the McGlinnventory and I am happy to be busy. I don't know if my colleague Billy will be there as well, but I understand thast he left plenty of things for me to look over from the sessions last week when I was in  DC. After that, I have a stop at Toyland, since the two offices are not that far from each other, to pick up some music I left there yesterday.

Last night I accomplished two pages on the 1902 WIZARD OF OZ; I don't believe the orchestration is the original but something done in-house by the Witmark Music Library to get the show ready for amateur-stock release. It's possible, too, that this was the reduction of the orchestration for the second-class tour, but we'll never know. A lot of it is really poor scoring and it's mentally exhausting trying to get your mind around it. Since this version was essentially buried by the stage versions of the 1939 film by the late 1950s, these rental parts haven't been played in over 40 years and they are filled with errors: oboe and clarinet play the same part, there's too much writing for the brass during vocal sections, and God knows how many cues for missing instruments have become real notes after the part was recopied several times as each earlier part disintegrated. I also think there may have been a harp in the show on Broadway but there's no harp in the rental version.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 04:22:24 AM »

Congrats, BK, on a successful couple of nights of readings of the long musical!!

Yes, indeed!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 04:58:12 AM »

Morning all.

Congratulations Bruce.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:01:55 AM »

The word of the day -  that's usually how I feel after the first session of auditions for any play I am directing.

But that changes considerably after the second day.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 05:02:22 AM »

A bit rainy looking today....and it is Aldi's day....so I shall be back directly.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 05:23:34 AM »

RE Jane wrote last night about finding books on amazon:

It helps if you know the series name to do that.  Just out of curiosity I went to her website & everything I wanted was easily seen on her homepage, with just a an easy click to obtain additional info.

I still personally find amazon.com more practical. I don't have to search for the author's website. And you can see all the series the author wrote all on the same page.  I guess it's just what you're used to. Because i can go to amazon and look up a bunch of books and authors at the same time. And i find it much faster. Plus when you look at any book if you click on it and scroll down it gives you lists of lots of similar books that have just come out. So that is one way i find out when the books i want to read are coming out (i read lots of series).

Jennifer

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 05:23:59 AM »

Yes great LOST last night!

And very good THE GOOD WIFE!

Jennifer

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 05:36:40 AM »

re: last night's LOST

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

and the then there and were one two and i have to say there were was one and three and the internet ona klj klj
one two three and then there were two and aone w aoi oui  oiu  one two a oiu  submit and post and then one blah
This is one of my favorite episodes so far this season.  Maybe because i love desmond and penny. But i also loved getting new info that really changes things.  My one complaint though is that with only 5 episodes left they basically only focused on desmond. I don't mind seeing charles widmore (love that chracter). But i don't really need the extra players to be zoe and people we don't care about. I wish they had found a way that we could have seen more of jack/kate/sawyer et al.  It was interesting how the focused more on the alternate universe. But i loved seeing charlie again. I loved the scenes with penny. And i loved how the 2 universes are colliding. Totally wonderful! Very great episode. one two and then there were oiu oiu oiu oiu oiu  blah  oiu oiu oiu oiu  blah oiu
one tw and then there were two and aone w aoi oui  oiu  oand the then there and were one two and i have to say there were was one and three and the internet ona klj kljne two a oiu  submit and post and then one blah
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:38:20 AM by Jennifer »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 05:37:17 AM »

It's supposed to be a hot day in Manhattan. I'll check in from Toyland.

Speaking of Amazon.com, DR Jennifer, I just had my first lousy experience with an Amazon Marketplace vendor for an OP Bernard Herrmann CD that cost me a small fortune. Beware of the vendor dwatkins33781!

I hope Amazon gives me a refund.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 05:43:24 AM »

Congrats to BK!
You can dream…or you can do.

Kerry

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 05:50:35 AM »

Congratulations, Bruce!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 05:50:51 AM »

And good morning to all!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 05:51:09 AM »

The cows are calling......
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 06:43:27 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Yesterday I had my monthly meetings with the grantwriters in Dayton.  It's always a long day and very tiring, but yesterday was more so because it came on the heels of our exhausting Easter weekend.  I came home last night to a yummy chicken dinner prepared by DH Richard, after which I vegged in front of the TV and went to bed early.  Looking forward to a few of days of puttering and no commitments.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 06:44:24 AM »

And the word of the day is: MEGRIM!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  YOU GO TO MY HEAD

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 07:04:37 AM »

Good morning!

It was 90 here yesterday and promises to be in the high 80s today. Thankfully, cooler weather begins tomorrow. It's way too early to think about firing up the central air conditioner.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 07:05:39 AM »

Add my congratulations to bk, cast and crew on the successful readings of the long musical. Here's hoping they accomplished what they set out to do and that progressive work can commence.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 07:06:46 AM »

... and to quote a cast album BK produce:

"Call me, call me, baby/Call me on the telephone ..."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 07:07:44 AM »

Congrats, BK, on two great performances and on being able to see that though the audience response was different, the same areas still need work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 07:09:33 AM »

Good morning, all! I have my first day in two weeks with the McGlinnventory and I am happy to be busy. I don't know if my colleague Billy will be there as well, but I understand thast he left plenty of things for me to look over from the sessions last week when I was in  DC. After that, I have a stop at Toyland, since the two offices are not that far from each other, to pick up some music I left there yesterday.

Last night I accomplished two pages on the 1902 WIZARD OF OZ; I don't believe the orchestration is the original but something done in-house by the Witmark Music Library to get the show ready for amateur-stock release. It's possible, too, that this was the reduction of the orchestration for the second-class tour, but we'll never know. A lot of it is really poor scoring and it's mentally exhausting trying to get your mind around it. Since this version was essentially buried by the stage versions of the 1939 film by the late 1950s, these rental parts haven't been played in over 40 years and they are filled with errors: oboe and clarinet play the same part, there's too much writing for the brass during vocal sections, and God knows how many cues for missing instruments have become real notes after the part was recopied several times as each earlier part disintegrated. I also think there may have been a harp in the show on Broadway but there's no harp in the rental version.

You mean an oboe and clainet are different instruments? How shocking! Seriously, i don't envy you this job.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 07:10:50 AM »

The needed prescriptions arrived yesterday and I'm hoping they clear up my head today, so I can get past this cold and move on.
― Voltaire

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 07:10:58 AM »

No UPS delivery, so I'm in limbo about work projects today. If nothing arrives, I'll take the day off (and since I have only IDOL and SOUTHLAND on the DVR, that means I can watch some movies this afternoon and this evening.)

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 07:12:36 AM »

Both episodes of MODERN FAMILY tonight are reruns, but there is a new HUMAN TARGET, and, of course, UGLY BETTY's penultimate episode.

CBS' slate is all new, and NBC begins and ends the evening with new episodes of shows.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 07:27:49 AM »

Well, the UPS driver just left some stuff at my side door. I haven't gone down yet to see what it is, but I suspect this WILL be a work day for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 07:28:34 AM »

Heading down now to check on the mail and then maybe I'll view last night's IDOL performances before starting on lunch.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 07:54:19 AM »

I tried the best easter egg candy/chocolate ever! (well one of MY favorites).

I'm pretty sure it's by Cadbury (i'll have to check). But it is basically these hard shell mini eggs, but with a peanut butter filling.

It doesn't exactly taste like peanut butter. But if you don't like reese peanut butter cups you probably won't like this. But i thought it was amazing. And i've never tried it before:

Jennifer

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 07:55:34 AM »

I just read that Adam Lambert is going to be the mentor and perform and next week's IDOL. I think this is a great idea!
He may not have experience yet (like some of the mentors). But i think he was great at song choice, will be interesting to watch, and i think he knows what these contestants are going through.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up