Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING AND DOING  (Read 74442 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:GOING AND DOING
« Reply #450 on: March 28, 2007, 03:14:59 PM »

...I will go to that site and see if I can download this photo --

Just right click on the photo and select "save picture as" and you can download a .jpg file of the photo to your computer.

The rafts on the bulkhead are similar to what I remember.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #451 on: March 28, 2007, 03:20:28 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, I decided to head back uptown after the auditions this afternoon instead of staying around for the run-thru of All About Us.  I figured since I wasn't on the clock today anyway, I might as well enjoy the couple of hours of free time - and the absolutely gorgeous weather too!

And since I will be heading to Encores! tonight, I also wanted to drop off my laptop bag - and the laptop itself.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #452 on: March 28, 2007, 03:20:59 PM »

DR elmore - Do you want to grab a bite to eat before tonight's show?
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #453 on: March 28, 2007, 03:24:17 PM »

LOL DR JEANNE....yes, that's it!!  Thanks.  I am more stationary on my MySpace page to be sure.

You have a myspace also? I am DakotaCelt.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #454 on: March 28, 2007, 03:27:01 PM »

I noted several comments about the Royal family... The Norwegian royal family has visited ND on several occaisions. The closest the British Royals have been to ND is Winnipeg, Canada.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #455 on: March 28, 2007, 03:28:15 PM »

You have a myspace also? I am DakotaCelt.

I have one, but it is not very active....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #456 on: March 28, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »

Another question for ASK BK day:

(and for the DR's)

Do you go to bed and keep your eyes open waiting to fall asleep OR do you go to bed and close your eyes waiting to fall asleep?

I close my eyes with Dog Bosco on one side of me and Freddy either next to him or me or on top of my chest, head, neck, face or where ever he feels like flopping down.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:35:18 PM by MBarnum »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #457 on: March 28, 2007, 03:33:47 PM »

Guess I'm gonna have to post a "No Watching" sign .... or "Posting Only Zone" sign ...

DR Miss Karen is a savvy poster... A wonderful person to post and chat with as are all the posters.

MBarnum

« Reply #458 on: March 28, 2007, 03:34:02 PM »

I have one, but it is not very active....

Hmmm...I wonder where TCB is...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #459 on: March 28, 2007, 03:35:05 PM »

Hi there.  I'm original from the Midlands (near Birmingham) but now reside in Bristol.  Being English, I have been partying like there's no tomorrow ever since the weekend in celebration of Sir Elton John's 60th birthday.

BK asked how I found the site... I navigated here from kritzerland.com - and I navigated there from another board, where he knows me as Southall.

I look forward to participating here once I get the lie of the land.  It is probably an opportune moment to announce that I like cows - and frequently enjoy cow-based produce.

It is a lively board and I do recommend reading his notes... He is a very interesting person!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #460 on: March 28, 2007, 03:35:21 PM »

DR elmore - Do you want to grab a bite to eat before tonight's show?

DR Jose, I just ate!  I'm sorry.  I didn't know you were going tonight,
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #461 on: March 28, 2007, 03:35:57 PM »

Because I now have 50 posts left - and I shall be my own frenzy!

Go Cason!!

YOu are getting closer to godliness!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #462 on: March 28, 2007, 03:39:30 PM »

Continued vibes to Sherlock, Jane and Keith...

Vibes to Michael S.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #463 on: March 28, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »

I never had any luck on other internet sites that revolved around theater. There's too much sarcasm and ill will. This is the only site I've been to, to be honest, where one's opinions are listened to and considered even if the reader violently disagrees with them.

I steer clear of the others.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #464 on: March 28, 2007, 03:46:19 PM »

Not that I am going to tax anyone, but if any of you actors out there have any favorite monologues that are worth looking into, lemme know...

Jerry's speech from Albee's "Zoo Story" - but it's probably done by too many (and probably not well).

Try stuff from Kirkwood's "P.S. You're Cat is Dead" (humor), Shaffer's "Amadeus" (high drama), or  Cristofer's "Shadow Box" (contemporary angst).

der Brucer
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:25:00 PM by DERBRUCER »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #465 on: March 28, 2007, 03:50:20 PM »

Congrats to RLP on his milestone of 11,000 posts and also to Cilla for topping 8000

Matt H.

« Reply #466 on: March 28, 2007, 03:52:49 PM »

I cleaned the den this morning, so I'm going to have basically two hours before the start of BONES.

I could watch RIFIFI which came in the mail the other day. But I'll probably go with THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN. Been looking to rewatch it for awhile. I'll save RIFIFI for this weekend.

Matt H.

« Reply #467 on: March 28, 2007, 03:53:10 PM »

So I'm off to watch SOMETHING.

WBBL.

Ben

« Reply #468 on: March 28, 2007, 04:04:16 PM »

Good news for Friday. I went to the box office (I'm at 16th Street & the Quad is on 13th Street) and was able to get 3 tickets for Friday evening at 7pm. At first they weren't even available at the box office but the very nice woman at the computer called upstairs and asked and they released the tickets for purchase. And I saved on the fees that would have happened on Moviefone.com.

They also have signs on the doors advertising the fact that Peter and Amy will be at the 7 and 9:10 showings. That's good. Peter is doing a Q&A with the person from NYCLU after the 7 and it says Amy will be there for the 9:10 show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #469 on: March 28, 2007, 04:09:37 PM »

Oy and vey.  Back from a good rehearsal and routining session with Joan, and then a little saying hello thing in Encino, then back home and have just wasted an hour dealing with this alumni association thing.  As you may remember, I've offered to take over the organization, but that I want it to be run differently.  Well, the organizations two agitators (both past presidents who've done absolutely zero) are making it "him against us" and trying to canvas board members (we have four yea votes thus far - and we know that the two agitators will vote nay) but if they get to everyone and convince them to leave everything status quo, then they're done and I'm certainly done with them.  I've sent an e-mail to everyone saying that I have no prob with a no vote because, as was suggested (not by me) at the Monday meeting, if the vote IS no I'll simply start a new alum organization in conjunction with the theater department (who has never wanted to deal with the current board and organization precisely because of who's running it).  The way it is now, it's completely self-serving - they want (but are unable to) do things that benefit THEM as performers.  How stupid.  They keep trying to tell people that I'll be the "king" and I keep saying someone's got to be.  More importantly, I've said that it's not about ME - it's about the organization - I'm not self-serving at all.  I just want to help the department and alums.  

As I said in my mass e-mail - sadly, some things never change - and these two people are behaving just as they did in school - it's high school in the worst possible way.  

Now I must try to write something before I leave for Santa Monica.

Tomovoz

« Reply #470 on: March 28, 2007, 04:18:01 PM »

Congratulations DR Edisauras
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #471 on: March 28, 2007, 04:19:21 PM »

Congratulations Ron.  You must be way ahead of that other guy that used to post - Was it RLP?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #472 on: March 28, 2007, 04:24:55 PM »

Oy vey, MR BK.....there you are.  I live it every summer.   I am not optimistic for you.

YIKES they just took the Game Show Network away from Basic Cable and it is only available on DIGITAL cable.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #473 on: March 28, 2007, 04:29:08 PM »

They keep trying to tell people that I'll be the "king"...  

Surprise them and show up in your tiara!

der Brucer

MBarnum

« Reply #474 on: March 28, 2007, 04:35:51 PM »

Is there even anything good on The Game Show Network any longer?? I haven't watched in eons since they barely, if ever, show any of the old black and white game shows.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:36:28 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #475 on: March 28, 2007, 04:39:26 PM »

I just started reading the autobiography of Corinne Calvet. I am not a big fan of hers, particularly, but I am interested in what she has two say about her two husbands, John Bromfield and John Fontaine (aka Jeffrey Stone), both of which I have interviewed (and still keep in touch often with John Fontaine).

What a spicey read this book is! All those innocent and virginal looking performers you saw on the screen in the 1950s were anything but! LOL!

Ginny

« Reply #476 on: March 28, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »

BK - here's some info that may be useful to you about

Boards of Directors

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #477 on: March 28, 2007, 04:40:45 PM »

They also have signs on the doors advertising the fact that Peter and Amy will be at the 7 and 9:10 showings. That's good. Peter is doing a Q&A with the person from NYCLU after the 7 and it says Amy will be there for the 9:10 show.

We'll be there for both shows, so come find us afterwards!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

« Reply #478 on: March 28, 2007, 04:43:11 PM »

Nice to see a lady looking up to her husband:

World's Tallest Man Marries
Bao Xishun, the world's tallest man, poses Tuesday with his bride, Xia Shujian. Bao is 7-foot-9; Xia is 5-foot-6.

The shirt makes him easier to spot in a crowd.

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #479 on: March 28, 2007, 04:44:30 PM »

Swishy Sarah!!!
[/size]

Two day in a row.
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31   Go Up