Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SKIPPING AND NON-SKIPPING KING  (Read 14776 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE SKIPPING AND NON-SKIPPING KING
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2010, 02:37:05 PM »

Next I watched the 1935 GO INTO YOUR DANCE. A wonderful song score for the movie even though Ruby Keeler, though just one year removed from her hit DAMES, looks like she had aged 10 years. She looked SO matronly, not at all the ingenue she was playing. (I guess being married to Al Jolson did that to her.)

I had totally forgotten that the great Helen Morgan was in this. She only got to sing one real number (we got to hear snatches of another), and she played a selfish, rather bitchy part, but it was good to see her in another movie from this same period of her life as SHOW BOAT which would come along the next year.
Was this on TV or from a Busby Berkeley set or single DVD?

See my Friday Media Check from this morning.

It was a Warner Archive DVD.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2010, 02:37:23 PM »

Page Five Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2010, 02:38:51 PM »

Now I'll tidy up my computer desktop and then head down to watch GAMBIT.

WBBL.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2010, 02:43:47 PM »

That's funny, because Betsy and I were just saying how this season's SURVIVOR has been more fun to watch than the last several seasons.

I think it might just be that I am losing interest in the show. I so look forward to THE AMAZING RACE each week, and ditto for BIG BROTHER when it is on during the summer, but when it comes to SURVIVOR it is always like I can put off watching it, and then I have to force myself to do so...or at least it feels that way.

Besides, with James having been eliminated from the game....well...he was awful good scenery!

When was James eliminated?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2010, 02:52:40 PM »

Next I watched the 1935 GO INTO YOUR DANCE. A wonderful song score for the movie even though Ruby Keeler, though just one year removed from her hit DAMES, looks like she had aged 10 years. She looked SO matronly, not at all the ingenue she was playing. (I guess being married to Al Jolson did that to her.)

I had totally forgotten that the great Helen Morgan was in this. She only got to sing one real number (we got to hear snatches of another), and she played a selfish, rather bitchy part, but it was good to see her in another movie from this same period of her life as SHOW BOAT which would come along the next year.
Was this on TV or from a Busby Berkeley set or single DVD?

See my Friday Media Check from this morning.

It was a Warner Archive DVD.
Thanks.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2010, 03:15:34 PM »

Keith stopped at Radio Shack & picked up new speakers for his computer.  He just put the Boise speakers from his computer onto mine.:) Now he is trying to get the little, easy to use, volume gadget to work.  It was extremely loud until he used the mouse to adjust the sound.  I hope he can get the easy to use thing to work.

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2010, 03:25:33 PM »

That's funny, because Betsy and I were just saying how this season's SURVIVOR has been more fun to watch than the last several seasons.

I think it might just be that I am losing interest in the show. I so look forward to THE AMAZING RACE each week, and ditto for BIG BROTHER when it is on during the summer, but when it comes to SURVIVOR it is always like I can put off watching it, and then I have to force myself to do so...or at least it feels that way.

Besides, with James having been eliminated from the game....well...he was awful good scenery!

Wasn't he eliminated last week? Or am screwy? OH, wait, that was Tom who was elminated wasn't it. Never mind then. I guess I will still want to watch...although I did really like Tom, as well.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »

FAUX SPOILER ALERT

Wasn't he eliminated last week? Or am screwy? OH, wait, that was Tom who was elminated wasn't it. Never mind then. I guess I will still want to watch...although I did really like Tom, as well.

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2010, 03:53:37 PM »

I had the work session, which went pretty quickly, actually.  Have spent some time talking to the pressing plant - I think they're going to handle sending out all the replacements (however many there are) - I'll simply start compiling addresses for them and/or simply forward each e-mail.  I don't really want anything to do with the actual making this right process.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2010, 03:54:24 PM »

Then I had some lunch at Hugo's, did a few errands and whatnot, and that's about it until I either hear or don't hear from Grant about working this evening.  I'm really hoping we can, because I'm sure we can finish what we have to do.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »

He just put the Boise speakers from his computer onto mine.:) Now he is trying to get the little, easy to use, volume gadget to work. 

Spoiled, I tell you, this woman is SO spoiled!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2010, 03:58:44 PM »

PEAL ME A GRAPE!

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »

My Aunt Betty has been released from the hospice to go home and is in a condition very close to DR ELMORE's Uncle Bob....she is a very nice lady who worked hard all of her life....she and Uncle Al had three daughters.  Daughter Jenny was just a few months younger than I am....she had a hip deformity, but went to school and worked hard at a rehabilitation center until she passed away in her early forties....two other daughters Susie and Helen.....so we are thinking about them all today and dreading the phone call. 

Betty is my mother's next to oldest sister.....sister Edith is still living.....

~~~Vibes of Comfort for JRand's Aunt Betty and her Family!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2010, 03:59:07 PM »

Good morning, all!

Thank you all for the vibes. My Uncle Bob died last night around 10:30 pm. This morning, after my trip to the Post Office, I will stop over to Holy Trinity Church and say a prayer for him.

~~~Vibes of Comfort for DR Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2010, 04:06:54 PM »

DR George re: LAST NIGHT'S FLASHFORWARD

ABC is reairing it on saturday from 8-10pm.

Thanks for the info, Jennifer!  But it turns out that it's airing at 7:00 pm, here...fine with me.

:D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »

BTW, BK, my copy skips on tracks 1 thru 4 and 5 thru 8.

What CD is this again?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »

Good morning, all!

Thank you all for the vibes. My Uncle Bob died last night around 10:30 pm. This morning, after my trip to the Post Office, I will stop over to Holy Trinity Church and say a prayer for him.

My prayers are with you, my dear elmore.

And prayers and vibes to Jrand's Aunt Betty, as well as to Jrand and family.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2010, 04:15:52 PM »

Up very early (again) today as DS Betsy had to get up at 4:30 to go to the airport, as she has a business meeting in Klamath Falls (or at least, that's what she's telling me).  ;)

That is not going to help your completion.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2010, 04:17:35 PM »

Page Two Afterlife Mixer Dance:

That is not my idea of heaven!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2010, 04:19:50 PM »

I haven't caught up on yesterdya's posts, so I would imagine it was mentioned  a lot yesterday.  But continuing yesterday's TOD, one of my favorite amnesia movies is "Random Harvest."  I will have to watch that again soon.

Good choice, Kerry!  I love RANDOM HARVEST.

And the only asylum film I enjoyed was CAPTAIN NEWMAN, MD.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2010, 04:26:06 PM »

T.O.D.

CD - FINIAN'S RAINBOW (new cast recording)
        THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X (original cast recording)

DVD -  NATIONAL TREASURE
          NATIONAL TREASURE II
          FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR
          IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS
          THE ISLAND AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD
          RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN

Anybody want to guess who joined the Disney DVD Club?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2010, 04:27:11 PM »

He just put the Boise speakers from his computer onto mine.:) Now he is trying to get the little, easy to use, volume gadget to work. 

Spoiled, I tell you, this woman is SO spoiled!

der Brucer

True, except he just took them back.;D  The speakers he got for himself don't work.  Poor guy has spent way too much time on speakers. 

My sound sure did play pretty music.  I hope I get it back.  I'm still using the laptop & at this rate may be doing so for a few more days, longer if speakers need to be ordered online.

George

« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2010, 04:28:42 PM »

Well, this is interesting:

EXCLUSIVE: Richards Departs A Christmas Story, The Musical!; New Composer Sought for Seattle Bow.

Not that I was planning on seeing this, but I wonder what was wrong with the original score...or the composer. :-\

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »

DR Laura, I am pleased to see you posting this morning & that you avoided swarms of bees.

Swarms of bees?

This article has a lot more info than the short headlines I read this morning:
http://www.azfamily.com/news/At-least-3-people-attacked-by-swarm-of-bees-in-Phoenix-88508837.html

Another reason not to shop at Walmart.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2010, 04:34:42 PM »

Hakanu Matutinal?

Isn't that a song from LION KING?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2010, 04:35:31 PM »

I have exciting news.  I don't know if had anything to do with the fact I did not do my regular exercises this morning, oddly because I felt too good to do them.  I did about 10 minutes work before going to PT figuring it would be good for me & I always skip the afternoon ones when I have PT.

From now on I'm not doing any exercises before PT.  I had a fantastic session with a fraction of the usual terrible pain!!! 

Sitting here now typing I'm experiencing the usual amount of pain, while not desirable is ok.  I can't express how relieved & grateful I was during therapy today.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2010, 04:37:07 PM »

DR Laura, I am pleased to see you posting this morning & that you avoided swarms of bees.

Swarms of bees?

This article has a lot more info than the short headlines I read this morning:
http://www.azfamily.com/news/At-least-3-people-attacked-by-swarm-of-bees-in-Phoenix-88508837.html

Another reason not to shop at Walmart.

Did you read about the Walmart store that announced over the loud speaker all Black people must leave the store?  They don't know if an employee or customer made the announcement.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2010, 04:38:22 PM »

The pressing plant is being stellar - replacement discs will go out next week, so if anyone here has a problem disc (I think only Druxy did), then e-mail us at kritzerland at gmail dot com, and be sure to include your address in the e-mail.  I'll be forwarding each e-mail received directly to the plant and they will take it from there and I don't have to worry about anything.

Ginny

« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2010, 04:55:47 PM »

My mom and I enjoyed today's spring-like weather by going to the library, Dorothy Lane Market, Olive Garden, and Bern's Garden Center.  She was exhausted when I took her home.  I stopped at Kroger and did our shopping, came home and made pizza for dinner and now I'm exhausted.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2010, 05:12:06 PM »

I have exciting news.  I don't know if had anything to do with the fact I did not do my regular exercises this morning, oddly because I felt too good to do them.  I did about 10 minutes work before going to PT figuring it would be good for me & I always skip the afternoon ones when I have PT.

From now on I'm not doing any exercises before PT.  I had a fantastic session with a fraction of the usual terrible pain!!! 

Sitting here now typing I'm experiencing the usual amount of pain, while not desirable is ok.  I can't express how relieved & grateful I was during therapy today.

Congrats on your discovery, Jane!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up