Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE APOSTROPHE  (Read 28930 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE APOSTROPHE
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2007, 06:56:14 PM »

Now I'm hungry!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2007, 06:56:42 PM »

Page Six Crystal Ball Dance.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2007, 06:59:55 PM »

Now I'm hungry!

Really? Why so? How so?

Who's to blame?

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »

In Mooresville you have two choices:

CHOICE NUMBER ONE:

This would be my choice IF I had to choose.  I hope those colors aren't mandated by zoning codes.  And I hope they have no problems with severe re-landscaping, etc.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2007, 07:00:56 PM »

Really? Why so? How so?

Who's to blame?

;D

Blame Jose.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2007, 07:01:50 PM »

It's still cold here in Oakland.  The day never warmed up the way it was supposed to, and it's supposed to be colder tonight.

Tomorrow, though, things are supposed to start warming up.  We might get up to the 60s tomorrow.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2007, 07:02:46 PM »

I got rather hungry a couple of hours ago.  

I prepared some spaghetti with meat sauce, threw on some smoked mozzarella and parmesan.

It was SO GOOD!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2007, 07:04:05 PM »

Congratulations to the Indianapolis Colts on their advancement to the next round in the AFC playoffs.

Can the Colts once again beat the Baltimore Ravens?  In Baltimore?  One can hope.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 07:04:19 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2007, 07:05:02 PM »

Is there anyone on syndicated TV self-help shows any more irritating than Tanya Memme of "Sell This House"?

I mean...really!  Anyone?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2007, 07:06:06 PM »

Unless it's that woman on "Extreme Makeover" who THINKS that pink is "her" color.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2007, 07:07:39 PM »

My "get better soon" vibes are making their way to either the errant/truant or "former" DR Ann, whichever is most applicable (tsk!).

I don't even want to imagine how it must have felt.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2007, 07:10:07 PM »

~~~FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR DR ANN!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2007, 07:10:24 PM »

AND CONGRATULATIONS TO TPUNK!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2007, 07:13:36 PM »

Well, it turns out that my parents didn't come over here when my sister called.  I went over to my sister's and helped move a small couch from her bedroom upstairs into my dad's truck (who came over to my sister's house for this reason) and then after a short drive, from the truck into my house.  I was supposed to get her boyfriend's couch, but it seems that it's much too big for my place and the little couch from my sister is just the right size...and it is!  And the color matches! ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »

Huzzah for TPunk!

Licensed at last!  Now she knows how Lady felt in "Lady and the Tramp"

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2007, 07:15:12 PM »

I wonder if we are ever in Athens at the same time. Trying to finish that ONE damn course!

Although many of my fellow students had hairdos similar to your avatar, I have a feeling I was there much earlier than you! (73-78).

It took me 2 extra quarters because I started out in Music Therapy, then Music Theory, then ended up getting a degree in film!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2007, 07:19:39 PM »

Feel better soon, DR Ann!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Edisaurus

« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »

edisaurus, please send me an e-mail reminder about Chinatown - it was a Varese Sarabande CD (where I did the majority of my recordings) so of course I have it (I used to have many extras, but I've given them away over the years).  So, I'm happy to burn you a CD along with your Wonderful Guy CD and maybe even your Kritzer CD.  I still haven't gotten to Fed Ex to send the tapes - will do that first thing Monday morning.

Oh my! Xmas in January! I am thrilled!

My actor friend who has been looking for the soundtrack will be, too. We can both share it! He did a reading for Sacco and Vanzetti for the price of a dinner, and I would be thrilled to offer him something he has been seeking for so long.

I have a piece of sheet music from the sequel...The Two Jakes. I'm surprised anyone even published that!

I talked to my friends who are opening up a new post house and they said they will have plenty of room for me to work on your project. Yay!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2007, 07:27:59 PM »

...And even though it doesn't feel wintry outside, I'm currently enjoying a cup of Trader Joe's "Wintry Blend" Coffee.   Quite a nice spiced blend - there are peppercorns, cloves and bits of cinnamon in the beans.  Although, now I'm wondering if I'm in one of my "caffeine sensitive" modes, and end up staying up until the sun comes up.  We shall see..
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2007, 07:30:30 PM »

After moving the small (and fairly light) couch, my niece and I went to see a movie because my mom was at a friend's house.  We saw "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Jack Black and the wonderful Eli Wallach.  My niece had seen it twice already and wanted to see it again!  I had no idea what to expect.  I just knew that it was about two women who switched houses for a vaction.  I thought that it was a thoroughly delightful movie. :) They featured more about the Cameron/Jude relationship (Jude plays Kate's brother) than the Kate/Jack relationship (Jack is a composer who knows Cameron).  They filled Kate's experiences with Eli Wallach's story.  He plays a former movie writer who lives next door to Cameron (who's in England at the moment) and he teaches Kate about American movies.  He had some line about movies never used to be about box office receipts and how much money they made.  I wonder if the screenwriter knows BK (or has read his opinion about that subject here on HHW ::))!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2007, 07:30:37 PM »

DR ANN,
Much sympathy! Oh, sounds awful. Do take care. Best of luck.

George

« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2007, 07:39:53 PM »

So after the movie, I check my voicemail and my sister called, saying that she and my mom are at my place.  My niece and I get to my place and they had brought an area rug to put in front of the fireplace (not too close, though) and they put the couch behind that, facing the fireplace.  It looked real nice. :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2007, 07:41:06 PM »

Congrats TPunk!!!  

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2007, 07:42:07 PM »

DR Ann, feel better, I've never had that happen but it sounds extremely painful....I think you need to be pampered and waited on hand and foot!

Edisaurus

« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2007, 07:42:07 PM »

DR Ann, one of my girlfriends had that and passed out from the pain. Once it was diagnosed and treated, things improved  vastly. Just take it sloooow!

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »

Does anyone know how to get hair dye stains off of a porcelain sink?  I haven't used the permanent dye for so long, I forgot how badly it can stain. I tried comet, but that didn't do it....

Edisaurus

« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2007, 07:48:31 PM »

I was at the new house today, doing yard work. It was a beautiful day---t-shirt weather. Some friends came over with their paint chip blocks to help us pick out paint for a "problem room".  (Pink floor tiles, tub, toilet and fixtures, many the previous owner painted purple, like the toilet tank, brown and gold wall tiles, peach colored walls---bleeechhh.)

One thing I'm realizing now is how few of the things we bought for our 100 year old dream house (10' celings) will work in our 100 year old tree house (8' ceilings.) We had lots of beautiful antique lamps that would have been perfect in the other house. Oh well...that's the least of our problems.

George

« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2007, 07:48:51 PM »

But the best part was this:  while my niece and I were still at the movie, someone came to the apartment next door (where the pipe burst and flooded my apartment).  My sister heard a noise and wondered if might be someone that the owner had hired to fix stuff and my mom went over there to talk to the person.  But then my sister heard my mom say "...and we'll send you the bill!" and my sister was thinking that my mom was chewing out a hired handyman but it was the owner!  I guess she told him a thing or two spoke with him and he agreed to reimburse me for the hole in the wall AND he is going to come over tomorrow to fix the hole in my wall AND he's going to pay for my carpet!!!  YEA!!  I don't have to go to small claims court!!  Of course, he may have been prepared to pay for it all along (I hadn't sent him the bills, yet), but I don't care.

So all I have to do now is find the darn bills!  I have the carpet bill (it's on my new Home Depot Credit Card) but I think I misplaced the plumber's bill who originally cut the hole in the wall. :-[ I know it has to be somewhere, but I think that if I print out a copy of the cancelled check (which I can do through on-line banking), that might be good enough...I hope.  I'll be looking for the thing after I eat (I'm hungry), but I'm so happy that he agreed to pay for it.  Now, he just has to follow through.  I'll find out tomorrow! ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2007, 07:50:11 PM »

Does anyone know how to get hair dye stains off of a porcelain sink?  I haven't used the permanent dye for so long, I forgot how badly it can stain. I tried comet, but that didn't do it....

I've never dyed my hair. It really bugs my mother, who has dyed hers for decades. She doesn't like having a daughter with grey hair!

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2007, 07:54:53 PM »

I've never dyed my hair. It really bugs my mother, who has dyed hers for decades. She doesn't like having a daughter with grey hair!

I don't mind the grey, I think it adds highlights and the grey in my hair is a really nice grey, I just don't like the drab color the rest of my hair seems to have become.   It looks like it did when I was younger now
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up