Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THREE Z'S  (Read 24582 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE THREE Z'S
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2009, 08:29:51 AM »

And of course

In my best French accent [which is none too good!]

But of course!   :)

Mais, bien sūr!

Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2009, 08:31:20 AM »

DR Dan the man, re: LOST look at the link i found (at the bottom of my last post). It elaborates on what you wrote. Although how many people would really remember this?

I remember her, and that scene vividly, notably because she's part of Desmond's past (present/future?) and the Desmond storylines have always intrigued me.  My favorite LOST episode of all time is "The Constant."
Also, her character's name is Mrs. Hawking, probably named for the noted physicist, Stephen Hawking.
The people who are fans of that particular actress, for one. . .

But, I tend to agree with you about the time-shifting on the island. . .

SPOILER WARNING!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!
What bothered me about the time-shifting was that it seemed that they stopped indicating the shifts with the flashing lights.  After the last known shift (when the hatch was still intact and Daniel spoke with Desmond), we had the flaming arrow attack and then Juliet and Sawyer attacked by the brutal military types--did those events all occur within the same time or were there jumps in-between?  That would be even more frightening for the islanders but it's confusing for viewers.

Aside from all that, how many of you thought that we had another Nikki/Paulo on our hands with that Neil guy?  LOL!

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaļs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2009, 08:34:36 AM »

DR Dan the man, re: LOST look at the link i found (at the bottom of my last post). It elaborates on what you wrote. Although how many people would really remember this?

I remember her, and that scene vividly, notably because she's part of Desmond's past (present/future?) and the Desmond storylines have always intrigued me.  My favorite LOST episode of all time is "The Constant."
Also, her character's name is Mrs. Hawking, probably named for the noted physicist, Stephen Hawking.
The people who are fans of that particular actress, for one. . .

But, I tend to agree with you about the time-shifting on the island. . .

What bothered me about the time-shifting was that it seemed that they stopped indicating the shifts with the flashing lights.  After the last known shift (when the hatch was still intact and Daniel spoke with Desmond), we had the flaming arrow attack and then Juliet and Sawyer attacked by the brutal military types--did those events all occur within the same time or were there jumps in-between?  That would be even more frightening for the islanders but it's confusing for viewers.

Aside from all that, how many of you thought that we had another Nikki/Paulo on our hands with that Neil guy?  LOL!

Did you notice how he was wearing a red(dish) shirt, a la the expendable Star Trek personnel?  I assumed that was deliberate.  I said to Betsy as soon as we saw him, "Oh-oh, redshirt."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2009, 08:34:55 AM »

DR Jennifer - I remembered who she was.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2009, 08:35:16 AM »

dR Jose was kind enough to post a story about a new PC virus...and taking, yet again, another opportunity to express his delight that he has a MAC.

I'm forced to point out, however, that in all the years I've posted to this forum, I've had NOWHERE near the kinds of problems that our MAC users have posted about.

So....there it is.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:41:29 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DAW

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2009, 08:37:31 AM »

So....there it is.

I say we have a HHW Chocolate Pudding Wrestling Match to resolve the dispute.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2009, 08:39:07 AM »

So....I've been sworn in as a juror.  Today is "dark" for our courtoom and the trial begins bright and early (9 a.m.) Monday.

Two days (count 'em TWO) of interviewing.  To seat 12 jurors and 2 alternates, we endured the lengthy questioning procedures of nearly 70 people.

They dismissed 48 people from our original group to get 12 and called in another 60 to find the two alternates they require.  Fortunately, the alternates were picked from among the first 6 interviewed.  So there's a mercy.

We've been told to expect to begin deliberations sometime on Thursday.  The judge does not anticipate we should need more than Friday to come to a verdict.

We shall see.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:51:00 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2009, 08:40:49 AM »

For what it's worth:

I was amazed at the diversity of backgrounds and the levels of higher education the preponderance of the prospective jurors have.  On our jury, there are three PhD's.

There is also the owner of a digital animation studio who does work for a variety of studios, including Pixar.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2009, 08:41:20 AM »

It was Memorex department:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28808317/

(Apologies if someone's already posted this--I haven't finished catching up™ on yesterday's posts).

Well, I posted the NYTimes link last night.  DR elmore posted it this morning. And now you...

HARUMPPH!!!!!

;)

Well, Memorex or not, I still enjoyed the piece and the fact that it was performed at all.  I became enthralled and excited that maybe, just maybe, this is indicative of a tentative embrace of true art and culture in this country.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaļs Nin

Laura

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2009, 08:41:21 AM »

Are you glad to be on the jury, Ron Pulliam?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2009, 08:42:03 AM »

So....there it is.

I say we cover DR DAW in chocolate, freeze him and serve him as a "puddin' pop"!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2009, 08:42:23 AM »

Are you glad to be on the jury, Ron Pulliam?

Actually, I'm looking forward to it.

(I was a bit shaken to hear some of the "excuses" some folks gave for not being "sure" if they could be fair and impartial...it became embarrassing at times and the judge and attorneys seemed very frustrated.   Still, those individuals were dismissed).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:46:31 AM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2009, 08:42:24 AM »

dR Jose was kind enough to post a story about a new PC virus...and taking, yet again, another opportuunity to express his delight that he has a MAC.

I'm forced to point out, however, that in all the years I've posted to this forum, I've had NOWHERE near the kinds of problems that our MAC users have posted about.

So....there it is.

I believe the only Mac user on this forum who has had "constant issues" with his Mac is bk.  -Just sayin'.

;)

But, seriously, my brother who puts together computer systems for a living is dealing with a lot of the "havoc" that this latest virus has created.  It's very sneaky, and, as the article stated, could actually already be on your computer, and be "working" by sending out the virus to other computers.  -While your computer seems to be virus-free.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2009, 08:43:34 AM »

Are you at liberty to say if it is a civil case or a criminal case?

They allowed us to say that much.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2009, 08:44:04 AM »

So....there it is.

I say we cover DR DAW in chocolate, freeze him and serve him as a "puddin' pop"!

Could he be sprinkled with slivered almonds too?
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2009, 08:45:02 AM »

I wonder if I would be chosen as a juror if I told them that I make movies about the failings of our judicial system and which are supported by anti-death penalty groups?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Laura

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2009, 08:46:39 AM »

Edisaurus, you certainly could be on a jury about cement, like I was. They rarely sentence people to death for that.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2009, 08:47:06 AM »

Are you at liberty to say if it is a civil case or a criminal case?

They allowed us to say that much.

It's a criminal case.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2009, 08:47:18 AM »

I guess Amazon saw my complaint yesterday--I've just received my copy of FORBIDDEN BROADWAY GOES TO REHAB at my desk!

It's a shame they didn't have an opportunity to do a take on Patti LuPone's...er, episode.
-- Anaļs Nin

JMK

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2009, 08:47:31 AM »

So....I've been sworn in as a juror.  Today is "dark" for our courtoom and the trial begins bright and early (9 a.m.) Monday.

Two days (count 'em TWO) of interviewing.  To seat 12 jurors and 2 alternates, we endured the lengthy questioning procedures of nearly 70 people.

They dismissed 48 people from our original group to get 12 and called in another 60 to find the two alternates they require.  Fortunately, the alternates were picked from among the first 6 interviewed.  So there's a mercy.

We've been told to expect to begin deliberations sometime on Thursday.  The judge does not anticipate we should need more than Friday to come to a verdice.

We shall see.

Remember this valuable dictum that I utilized on a case a few years ago when I was a juror:

Mormon=Guilty

:o :o ;D ;D

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2009, 08:47:45 AM »

I will look forward to hearing about it when it is over, DR Ron Pulliam.

Laura

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2009, 08:48:21 AM »

I guess Amazon saw my complaint yesterday--I've just received my copy of FORBIDDEN BROADWAY GOES TO REHAB at my desk!

It's a shame they didn't have an opportunity to do a take on Patti LuPone's...er, episode.

It's probably in tonight's show.

JMK

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2009, 08:48:27 AM »

Edisaurus, you certainly could be on a jury about cement, like I was. They rarely sentence people to death for that.

You obviously haven't dealt with the Mafia much.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2009, 08:48:48 AM »

I wonder if I would be chosen as a juror if I told them that I make movies about the failings of our judicial system and which are supported by anti-death penalty groups?

One of those dismissed was the husband of a woman who is making a documentary on a well-known local lawyer.   It seems alarms went off if you knew anyone (as a friend or relative) who was a lawyer (associated with public defender offices or criminal cases) or in law enforcement (several witnesses will be police officers).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2009, 08:49:30 AM »

I will look forward to hearing about it when it is over, DR Ron Pulliam.

I shall spill my guts as soon as I'm told I'm free to do so!   :D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2009, 08:51:57 AM »

So....there it is.

Could he be sprinkled with slivered almonds too?

Just a soupēon, if needed...!

DAW

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2009, 09:04:35 AM »

But you won't need, since I'm naturally sweet.      ::)

;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2009, 09:06:31 AM »

But you won't need, since I'm naturally sweet.      ::)

;)

And crunchy?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2009, 09:07:24 AM »

So...

What COLOR is your Taser?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano