Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NON SEQUITUR  (Read 72007 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE NON SEQUITUR
« Reply #390 on: February 19, 2008, 01:33:33 PM »

The documentary I've enjoyed the most so far is the one which is the most recent, filmed last year with four members of the production team: cinematographer, costume designer, art director, and film editor, each of whom won an Oscar for working on the picture. Hearing them talk in the present about the experience from almost two decades ago is more interesting than the stories I'm hearing on the other documentaries which were told as the movie was being filmed.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #391 on: February 19, 2008, 01:33:58 PM »

Bosco wears those sunglasses like a movie star.

DRMBARNUM thanks for all of the pictures especially of course Mr John Saxon.

Did Mr Gregg Palmer have anything to say about.....you know who?  (Trying to keep the blood pressure down on the West Coast by not mentioning names)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2008, 01:36:48 PM »

Laura's windows
The newest in town.
Laura's windows
Go up and down.

Laura's windows
Don't play games
Laura's windows.
Tomorrow: the frames.

Matt H.

« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »

Page Fourteen Wicked Witch and Nikko Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2008, 01:38:16 PM »

I believe there are three more documentaries left on the second disc of supplements. The next one is shorter - it's only 25 minutes long.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #395 on: February 19, 2008, 01:43:34 PM »

Still using your camera, DR Ron Pulliam?  We haven't seen a photograph from you in a while!

I ain't got no pictures.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2008, 01:45:02 PM »

Is your Mom using her new camera?

Sadly, no.  I've mentioned it every other week, asking if she took pictures of various folks/events.

She admits she doesn't think about taking the camera but that she SHOULD have done so.

It's going to take a bit of time, I think, for her and for me to get in the habit of having the camera "handy".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #397 on: February 19, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »

I loved the simpsons growing up, and watch most seasons - I stopped somewhere  around season 15, but I'm not sure. The first seasons were the best. I also love the halloween episodes, Homer is a genius, The flying pig (thanksgiving) SpiderPig(Does whatever a SpiderPig does), Bart and Lisa's big fights, every Itchy and Scratchy, all the various ending of the theme song
(each episode ended differently). Im on break for a few minutes - time for Simpsons memories!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #398 on: February 19, 2008, 01:53:44 PM »

Did Mr Gregg Palmer have anything to say about.....you know who?  (Trying to keep the blood pressure down on the West Coast by not mentioning names)

West Coast BP is not a problem.  

Trash talk about people based on second- and third-hand one-sided observations is what troubles me.  Especially when it's done with glee.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:54:59 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #399 on: February 19, 2008, 01:57:24 PM »

West Coast BP is not a problem.  

Trash talk about people based on second- and third-hand one-sided observations is what troubles me.  Especially when it's done with glee.

Like your comment about Allison's acting abilities?  ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #400 on: February 19, 2008, 02:01:07 PM »

Here I am with the sweet as a bugs ear Diane Franklin star of my favorite 1983 TV movie SUMMER GIRL where she plays a psychotic babysitter. She also starred in THE LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN and several other 1980s films.

She was quite popular at the show and is getting back into the business as well as writing her first children's book, which I read and enjoyed.

LOL! A children's book by a psychotic baby sitter. I bet that's quite a read

FJL

« Reply #401 on: February 19, 2008, 02:08:14 PM »

Many congrats to PennyO!

Cillaliz

« Reply #402 on: February 19, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »

We live in a college town & I have heard that is a problem. >:(

there is a college not too far from where I live. I think that may be what happened to Boo

td

• td
« Reply #403 on: February 19, 2008, 02:13:52 PM »

Sherlock seems fine this morning.  We are sure he pulled something, what we don't know.  

Which is precisely why I logged in early, to find out how DD Sherlock is today.

Miss Dixie doesn't like me working two jobs in one day, I can tell you!
She got a lot of petting late last night once I got home, though.

As for THE SIMPSONS MOVIE, I picked it up used, watched it and enjoyed it very much; more than I had expected to, having only been an occasional viewer of the tv show.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #404 on: February 19, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »

Yesterday Grandpa decided we would watch Jesus Christ Superstar. (Exposing the kids to new musicals on film is rendered more difficult when Alex, the 11 year-old. doesn't like the "mushy" stuff....William, the 8 year old doesn't like to see people die - his very first question was "does any body die in this movie. (I gave a simple yes answer)....
No, Alex is 10 going on 11, and William is 7 going on 8.

It just seems like we've been stuck with them longer.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #405 on: February 19, 2008, 02:16:04 PM »

There is a pet store not far from us that sells rescued cats.  I thought maybe their dogs were from similar situations.  We stopped in there one day, before we had decided on Sherlock.  The puppies were all from local breeders, as if that meant they weren't from puppy mills.  I don't know a single reputable, or caring, breeder who would leave their dogs at a pet store.

Petco here takes the cats that don't get adopted at the shelter, usually 3 at a time and keeps them until they are adopted, no matter how long it takes.  This is wonderful because the shelter isn't no-kill. I don't think they sell dogs there

Cillaliz

« Reply #406 on: February 19, 2008, 02:19:45 PM »

Anyone who would like to support our films, please put Sacco and Vanzetti/The Internationale in your Netflix queue, even if you've seen it or don't particularly want to watch it. The more times it is ordered, we might get a "bump"!

Shameless plug of the day!

Do you get credit if it's just in the queue? Or do we need to get it and send it back? Does rating it help?

Cillaliz

« Reply #407 on: February 19, 2008, 02:24:14 PM »

The love cat does this, too, with his toy mice. Two of the cats make that hunting sond when they're carrying around a toy mouse.

They also love to fetch little balls of paper, and bring them back and drop them in my shoes.

In teh morning, when I'm getting ready for work, the big love cat lies on top of my shoes with his feet inside of them. He looks like he's trying to hide them so I can't leave!

My cat Petey used to play fetch with me all the time.  Callie isn't interested and Boo looks at me like "Go get it yourself"

Matt H.

« Reply #408 on: February 19, 2008, 02:24:25 PM »

I'm heading down now to continue with LAST EMPEROR documentaries.

WBBL.

Cillaliz

« Reply #409 on: February 19, 2008, 02:27:55 PM »

Whew! Am I actually caught up?   I was looking for something to pass some time before a meeting at 5:15 PM, work just isn't doing it for me today.  This really ate up a lot of it.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #410 on: February 19, 2008, 02:30:28 PM »

There's a big to do at our city council meeting tonight over the mayor accusing two councilmen of proposing a prayer before the meetings because they were supported by religious PAC money.   Now they want a public apology and say they are going to sue him etc.  It's quite ridiculous.  I've had 2 calls from people asking me to go to the meeting to support the mayor's right to free speech.    First I wasn't goign to go, but I'll get out of the first meeting about the time that one starts, so....

Cillaliz

« Reply #411 on: February 19, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »

There is a proposal that won't be considered tonight from the downtown partners and they want tax breaks or something or other extended for another 5 years.  To support it they listed the new businesses in town, and it seems they are trying to take credit for bringing them in.  I'm on the list, which is quite amusing since no one from their organization has ever spoken to me

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #412 on: February 19, 2008, 02:32:02 PM »

Good luck with TLE, DR MATTH....I haven't watched the movie all the way through yet.  TAMMY it ain't....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #413 on: February 19, 2008, 02:32:40 PM »

There is a proposal that won't be considered tonight from the downtown partners and they want tax breaks or something or other extended for another 5 years.  To support it they listed the new businesses in town, and it seems they are trying to take credit for bringing them in.  I'm on the list, which is quite amusing since no one from their organization has ever spoken to me

Maybe you should mention that.  ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #414 on: February 19, 2008, 02:33:10 PM »

Very soon I began making my rounds, visiting the famous and not so famous...here I meet Lassie. A beautiful and smart dog...though she could have used a bath.

Michael, are you absolutely sure about your pronouns?  In spite of the name "Lassie," every dog that has played the part has been male.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #415 on: February 19, 2008, 02:38:07 PM »

Maybe you should mention that.  ;D

It's not on tonight's agenda.  The interesting thing is the council members have proposed a resolution regarding how they thing the mayor should act.  The mayor is the first directly elected mayor in Sioux City, previously the mayor came from the council.  The resolution is absurd.  I just may go.  The council has no right to tell the mayor what he can and can't say.

MBarnum

« Reply #416 on: February 19, 2008, 02:39:34 PM »

Bosco wears those sunglasses like a movie star.

DRMBARNUM thanks for all of the pictures especially of course Mr John Saxon.

Argh. I totally forgot to ask him. I did ask Kathleen Hughes, since she and Sara Shane a close buddies....she remembered Allison, but that was all.

MBarnum

« Reply #417 on: February 19, 2008, 02:42:21 PM »

Michael, are you absolutely sure about your pronouns?  In spite of the name "Lassie," every dog that has played the part has been male.

Yes, but I was playing into the Hollywood fantasy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #418 on: February 19, 2008, 02:50:04 PM »

Well, I'm back from my walk.  I can definitely tell I have something going on with/in my system.  I decided to go ahead and walk to my bank - 20 blocks away - and about halfway there I realized I wasn't walking as fast as I usually do.  Definitely feeling a little slow today.  However, the walk and the fresh air did feel great.  And it's always nice being able to deposit money into my bank account too.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #419 on: February 19, 2008, 02:50:22 PM »

Oh well....perhaps Gregg will write a book someday.

Time to count my dollars and cents and head for home.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Up