Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MAKING EVERY MOMENT COUNT  (Read 20881 times)

Ron Pulliam

Re:MAKING EVERY MOMENT COUNT
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2003, 08:11:13 PM »

Yep!

[hee-hee! ho-ho! hoo-hoo!]

Back to normal!

[Hah-hah-Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!]

That's where we are.

[wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee]

No more worries now.  Don't have to think any more about where we might all meet up again.  Don't have to concern ourselves about where we might migrate to for daily chats!  Nossirreebibbity-bobbity-boo!  Just a blip on the radar screen, that's all it was.  A small dropping from a ham chunk or piece of cheese, I guess.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 08:14:01 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2003, 08:19:17 PM »

I already miss DR td. Please send him and his mucho sicko computer our very best/

Seriously, tell him I said hello, DR Michael. Thanks.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Emily

« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2003, 08:23:29 PM »

You know, in all the hip and haboo, hull and a haboo, hall and a haboo I forgot to make my big announcement!!!

I am 99% for sure going to NY from Dec. 28- Jan. 1!!!!!

Yippers!  Yahoo!  Huzzah!

The friend who I was originally planning on going with but  then cancelled because she applied for this free fun trip/zionist propaganda tour of Israel was rejected by the organization because she had already been.  

Then the minute she told me about Israel being out of the question and was wondering about whether I still wanted to "do" NY (and I was trying to explain to her that I spent my thousands of dollars I had saved up on Subway sandwiches) this complete stranger walked up to a bulletin board at school and posted a notice that said:  NY FOR NEW YEARS FOR $299 (transport and hotel)

I am beyond excited!  

If anyone's in town during those days we must get together for dinner or something!

Yippers!  Huzzah!  Woohoo!

Now I just have to figure out if performances go on on the 31st.  Do any of you know?

I'm thinking WICKED lottery.  Or maybe something older or less well known so that I have a better chance at tickets.  Hmmm....
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Danise

« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2003, 08:26:06 PM »

Craig,
Thanks for the discount code.  I used it and used it well.  Hee Hee.  I almost forgive you for not being on the right page and the photoshop bit.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2003, 08:29:00 PM »

Emily... great..  now send me a picture before you come :)

Emily

« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2003, 08:30:41 PM »

I'll get around to it...

But craig, if I do that, you'll stand me up for dinner ;)

we must work out a way to convince DR Andrea to come... at least you know SHE's cute
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2003, 08:32:57 PM »

This has gotten resolved.  Mr. Mark Bakalor and I just had a nice telephone conversation on the telephone.  
<SNIP>
Seriously, I feel Mr. Bakalor is part of this site (he designed it, after all) and has been from the very beginning, and I felt it would be weird to not have him around, hormones or not.

So, all is well in hainesville tonight.  And that calls for a little dance.

Ah, Happy News Indeed! (a Sweeney Todd reference)

The other nice thing that came out of this is that Mr. Mark Bakalor and I are now LOVERS.  

There are going to be some mighty upset hormonal harem girls upset at the notice of this news...

I am glad to hear that everything is back to normal! :D

In the words of Roger de Bris:

Keep It Gay...
Keep It Gay...
Keep It Gay...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2003, 08:32:58 PM »

Wow. I've been out all day and look what almost happened! I also know too well how kidding around online can be disastrous.

We spent most of the day going through cupboards and cabinets and dividing things. I'll be glad when it's all settled, but that will take months.

The car CD player is on the fritz. The house CD player has one of DR MusicGuy's CDs.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Emily

« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2003, 08:33:07 PM »

oh and craig...

I thought you had dumped me for the more nubile sixteen year old swishy?

I am a woman scorned :)

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2003, 08:35:00 PM »

nope.. no dumping here at HHW.. it's a no dumping zone.  And I don' t stand women up. So send a picture!

And as for swish.. we both told you, you have a reprieve to get the proposal done right!

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2003, 08:39:09 PM »

I asked DR Ron about this tonight, and he did a search for me and came up empty, so I'm going to throw this out to other movie mavens out there.

I was reading an interview on a Mario Lanza site earlier today, and the owner of the site had interviewed George Feltenstein who said Rhino was going to release a Mario Lanza CD with soundtrack recordings taken from his MGM movies from THAT MIDNIGHT KISS through THE STUDENT PRINCE. He said there were about 40-60 tracks of material that they had and could release. They were prevented from doing so years ago because Lanza had an exclusive recording contract with RCA where he did cover versions of his movie songs for them to release.

Now, my question is, did Rhino ever release this material? I didn't notice the date of the article and I don't think the date of release was mentioned in the interview itself, but does anyone know anything about this.

I think this would be exciting material since the MGM orchestra that backed up Mario on his film songs was much richer and fuller than the bands used to accompany him on his RCA recordings. HELP!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2003, 08:40:04 PM »

I was out all afternoon and have now just read today's saga and, needless to say, I am pleased that it has been resolved.

I've expressed to Bruce on several occasions my thoughts about this site, noting that it is the very special place it is for so many Dear Readers, including myself.  Perhaps I should have done a better job of expressing my appreciation to Mark for his behind the scenes efforts.

To echo so many others who posted today, HHW provides a unique platform for its many devoted habitues.  No flaming here, just genuine appreciation for others' thoughts and comments.  I've learned an incredible amount here, and have met some wonderful people, both virtually and in the flesh.

In the spirit of yesterday's holiday, I shall say I am thankful for Haines His Way dot com.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 08:42:07 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2003, 08:41:54 PM »

ATTENTION:

When Mark removed himself as the Administrator, he made it impossible for him to regain administrator access unless I (as the new administrator) granted it back. So I will now need all the Hainesies and Kimlets to clap their hands and say I do believe in Mark Bakalor to bring him back.

Should my Karma hit 50, the deed shall be done....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 09:09:55 PM by Craig »

Jay

« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2003, 08:43:53 PM »

Oh dear.  First Bruce announces they are lovers, and now Mark thinks he is Tinkerbell.  What next?

Tomovoz

« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2003, 08:46:18 PM »

No problem here.  I certainly believe in fairies. Colin still thinks Julia Roberts IS Tinkerbell.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2003, 08:46:41 PM »

I can't give Karma yet.

But Clap-Clap-Clap

Welcome Mark back!!!

Jay

« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2003, 08:47:49 PM »

And what was I doing this afternoon, you ask, while I was errant and truant?  Not shopping, of that I can assure you.

I saw two motion picture entertainments, both of them quite wonderful, each in its own way.

I saw The Cooler, starring Bill Macy, and The Triplets of Belleville, an amazing piece of animation.  I give a strong recommendation to both pictures.  (I think both movies are in limited release right now only in New York and L.A.  Look for them when they make their way to your locale.)

Jay

« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2003, 08:50:12 PM »

Dear Reader Tom from Oz--

Ohhh, I believe in fairies, too!

Clap-clap-clap, bring Mark back!

Matt H.

« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2003, 08:53:41 PM »

Fairies? Oh, yes, I am MORE than familiar with those dear sprites. And such fun loving, mapcap beings they are, too!    :D

Danise

« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2003, 08:53:45 PM »

Don't let it be said I didn't do my part--I gave Karma and..

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2003, 09:06:19 PM »

No problem here.  I certainly believe in fairies. Colin still thinks Julia Roberts IS Tinkerbell.

I believe in fairies!  I have to...I know so many!   ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2003, 09:09:59 PM »

Oh, I may as well post another photo.  Here's my very own personally signed 45 rpm record of Laugh and be Happy by Sheriff John.  Those who grew up in LA know who he is - he, along with Engineer Bill and Chucko the Clown, appeared live on local TV every day with a kid show.  I produced and directed a documentary about them back in 1984, one of my favorite things I've ever done.

Bruce you have to send me more stuff like that photo you posted to put on the site. You said you had a box of stuff. I am still waiting.

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2003, 09:14:04 PM »

I asked DR Ron about this tonight, and he did a search for me and came up empty, so I'm going to throw this out to other movie mavens out there.

I was reading an interview on a Mario Lanza site earlier today, and the owner of the site had interviewed George Feltenstein who said Rhino was going to release a Mario Lanza CD with soundtrack recordings taken from his MGM movies from THAT MIDNIGHT KISS through THE STUDENT PRINCE. He said there were about 40-60 tracks of material that they had and could release. They were prevented from doing so years ago because Lanza had an exclusive recording contract with RCA where he did cover versions of his movie songs for them to release.

Now, my question is, did Rhino ever release this material? I didn't notice the date of the article and I don't think the date of release was mentioned in the interview itself, but does anyone know anything about this.

I think this would be exciting material since the MGM orchestra that backed up Mario on his film songs was much richer and fuller than the bands used to accompany him on his RCA recordings. HELP!

would this be the record you are looking for??

or this one?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 09:17:09 PM by Michael Shayne »
Never stop dreaming.

François

« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2003, 09:15:36 PM »

Dear Reader MattH,

I believe that's what you are looking for;

http://www.rhino.com/HotPress/72958pr.lasso

I've had the cd for quite a while and need to listen to it again! It's grand, of course!

Michael

« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2003, 09:18:26 PM »

Dear Reader MattH,

I believe that's what you are looking for;

http://www.rhino.com/HotPress/72958pr.lasso

I've had the cd for quite a while and need to listen to it again! It's grand, of course!

Are the ones I posted the one you are talking about?
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2003, 09:23:33 PM »

I managed to Google the cover.  I didn't get this hit at Rhino earlier today.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2003, 09:28:04 PM »

Oscar Hammerstein II said "Keep it gay, keep it gay, keep it gay" long before Roger DeBris.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Michael

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2003, 09:32:17 PM »

I was wondering if the Lorenz Hart trivia question was answered. If not my guess would be that he wrote lyrics to his own music.
Never stop dreaming.

George

« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2003, 09:32:44 PM »

Oscar Hammerstein II said "Keep it gay, keep it gay, keep it gay" long before Roger DeBris.

I stand corrected.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 09:33:26 PM by George »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2003, 09:40:21 PM »

George, you never said DeBris said it first, so you have nothing to stand corrected over!

But it's always great to know how many folks are credited with saying something.

That's one of the treasures of this forum.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up