Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FORCING MYSELF  (Read 11602 times)

Laura

Re: FORCING MYSELF
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2010, 05:10:23 PM »

I have two different kinds of milkweed growing in my yard that the monarchs have laid eggs on. My scientist friend says not to change the milkweed they grew up on. Luckily, only those four were on that particular kind. (There were more, but I think they were able to crawl away to form chrysalises before I bought the new plant). I still have about four or five caterpillars on the other kind of milkweed. And two formed chrysalises this morning, so they are safe.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »

I'm going to let him out a lot this weekend when I'm here all day and can monitor the situation.   He wasn't pleased to go back in the room, but I sat with him a little bit and he was ok.  I'll go back up there soon.

Laura

« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »

I have four different kinds of milkweed growing in my yard, but they have only laid eggs on two kinds that I can find.

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2010, 05:13:35 PM »

Are there more eggs?  I hope so

Laura

« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2010, 05:15:05 PM »

I don't know. I saw a female laying eggs nine days ago. They should have hatched if they are going to, but they'd be too small to see for a few more days. It is getting late for egg laying here.

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2010, 05:15:12 PM »

At least we're finally on page 5

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2010, 05:16:41 PM »

Oh I went back and read your earlier post ---so there's still the possibility of 6 or 7 more butterflies?  That's great!  At least the bad milkweed didn't get them all

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »

Wow, you saw a female laying eggs, that's pretty cool

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »

Yes, very cool!  I hope you have more eggs.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »

Edi I remember you mentioning going through the full body scanner at the airport.  Has anyone else gone through it?  I think I almost did until I couldn't lift my arm over my head as requested.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »

Has everyone seen the clip from Chaplin's 1928 THE CIRCUS that appears to show a woman talking on a cell phone?

I saw the clip.  I really couldn't tell what was in the woman's hand...if anything really was there or if she was just holding her hand next to her head.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »

Tonight my parents confirmed that weather permitting, they are coming to Sioux City for Thanksgiving.  I'm really glad.  They're just coming for the day and want to eat out at noon.  I'll do a little research and find a good spot.   It will be fun and a lot easier for me than traveling.  I can work on the new room.  I'm very confident the cats will be together by then

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2010, 05:27:26 PM »

Where's the clip?

George

« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2010, 05:34:18 PM »

And HERE is a segment from a different show.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2010, 05:46:24 PM »

Well, I don't know what it is, but I don't really think she's a time traveler. Maybe she's trying to shield her face from the camera.  It isn't as if they were small in those days

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2010, 05:47:08 PM »

I was hoping all day that maybe I was elmore's best friend.

You're very high on my list. Does that help ease the pain?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2010, 05:49:41 PM »

Well, I don't know what it is, but I don't really think she's a time traveler. Maybe she's trying to shield her face from the camera.  It isn't as if they were small in those days

But this clip is part of the film THE CIRCUS, so I assume she had agreed to appear in this movie; so why would she then hide from the camera?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2010, 05:51:16 PM »

I was hoping all day that maybe I was elmore's best friend.

You're very high on my list. Does that help ease the pain?

Well, that does make it better.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2010, 05:52:19 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »

But this clip is part of the film THE CIRCUS, so I assume she had agreed to appear in this movie; so why would she then hide from the camera?

The intro said it was from the opening of the film THE CIRCUS and implied it was outside the theater.  If it's part of the movie, then, I have no idea

Michael

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2010, 05:58:09 PM »

NY Times is reporting that Roger Rees will take over Nathan Lane's ADDAMS FAMILY role as Gomez (in March).   Bebe Neuwirth will stay on as Morticia.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/28/roger-rees-to-replace-lane-in-the-addams-family/

That's if the show makes it through the winter.  From what I've read the show does not sell out
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2010, 06:02:33 PM »

Sign of the season:  Today I put all my summer t-shirts into the under-the-bed storage and got out my sweaters and turtlenecks.  That'll probably make it warm up...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2010, 06:04:14 PM »

Sign of the season:  Today I put all my summer t-shirts into the under-the-bed storage and got out my sweaters and turtlenecks.  That'll probably make it warm up...

Today was in the 40s tomorrow the 60s. so yes, it's probably going to warm up there, :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »

Ricky is finally calmed down.  He was soooo excited running around the house. When I put him back in the room I noticed his arm was VERY red.  I'm not supposed to wash it during the week, but I put a little of the medicated shampoo on a rag and washed it then rinsed it with the other end of the rag.  It's already a lot less red.  I know it was hurting him.  He's laying on me purring now

Jane

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »

I took warm clothes to Chicago and never needed them.:D  It poured here the entire time I was gone and the sun came out the day I returned.  Sadly, the rain & cold returned today. 

Jane

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2010, 06:09:35 PM »

Ricky is finally calmed down.  He was soooo excited running around the house. When I put him back in the room I noticed his arm was VERY red.  I'm not supposed to wash it during the week, but I put a little of the medicated shampoo on a rag and washed it then rinsed it with the other end of the rag.  It's already a lot less red.  I know it was hurting him.  He's laying on me purring now

Awww, poor Ricky.  He seems like a great cat!!!

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2010, 06:12:12 PM »

We never completely swap out seasonal clothes, because it can be so variable here.  We've had very warm Thanksgivings and Christmases and we've also had October snowstorms.  I just wanted to get the light-colored and summery florals put away, so I did it all at once.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »

~~~Continued Vibes for DC Ricky!!~~~

George

« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2010, 06:15:08 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up