Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WE AIN'T DOWN YET  (Read 27596 times)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
Re:WE AIN'T DOWN YET
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2006, 08:12:24 AM »

Mawnin', Bruce! See you - and your "show" tomorrow... OY! If anyone can do this, YOU can!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 08:12:49 AM »

Wow - first post of Page 2! How impressed am I?!??!?!?!?!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2006, 08:13:52 AM »

Maybe a little nap, now...
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2006, 09:11:04 AM »

She of the Evil Eye is here, which is more than I can say for any hainsies/kimlets.

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2006, 09:21:26 AM »

Whew!  Sorry, I just got back from tarnation.  The traffice this morning was terrible!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 09:21:47 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2006, 09:25:33 AM »

Longest period without sleep was before my Contracts exam in law school.  It was a full-year course, and I had wildly underestimated how much time it would take to get through all the material, since it had been so many years since I'd actually had an exam on material that spanned a whole year of classes.  (I think that even in high school, none of our regular exams covered more than a semester's worth of classes.)  Plus, the entire grade for the course depended on that one exam, no quizzes along the way or class participation factor to figure in.   I did get a B on the exam, which was about as good as I could have expected, given my miscalculation.  I had specifically underestimated how material learned back in September and October would require more study and relearning, given that it was the following May already.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2006, 09:28:38 AM »

I don't have to be at LACC until ten-thirty, but she of the Evil Eye is casting her gaze my way, so I guess I'll go do some stuff outside the home environment.  After rehearsal, should I still be amongst the living, I shall return.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

TOD - The longest I've been awake was probably the day our DS Rob was born.  I woke up about 2:30am that Saturday, pretty sure we were about to have a baby.  He didn't make his appearance until 9pm and I was settled in my room by midnight.  About the time I should have been drifting off to sleep, my crazy roommate decided to rearrange the furniture, talk on the phone, and ring for the nurse many, many times.  Don't think I really slept until they sent her home as soon as they could.  My doctor instructed the hospital staff not to put anyone else in the room with me and he kept me in the hospital almost a whole week - unheard of, even 21 years ago, for a "normal" birth.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »

MR BK - didn't get back in time to tell you BUT - yes, you should replace the goon....but make him go through at least one Saturday rehearsal and waste his time as he has been wasting YOURS.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2006, 09:51:30 AM »

So, DR JRand, is there a trap door in Worlds of Wisdom that sends characters directly to the Information Services Desk here at my library?  We seem to have a steady stream today!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2006, 09:52:12 AM »

Good morning!  It was a restless night. At 3:33 AM, Callie decided she needed to sit by my ear and purr, how do you get mad about that, so I was awake for awhile and then slept in a little. It was off to the market this morning. Lots of fresh asparagus and rhubarb.  I LOVE rhubarb.   I am so excited about having time to cook...

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2006, 09:55:10 AM »

TOD The longest I've ever stayed up was....hmmm I want to say 36 - 48 hours.  I know once was when I was a prosecutor and there had been complaints about some local cops, so I worked all day, rode with one of them all night and then worked all day the next day.    I know I had all nighters in both college and I remember on in particular in law school. Our grades were all the final, too. It is hard to try to cram in 4 months of classes and information for one test, but that was the way it was.  Of course this doesn't include the all night parties back in the late 70s early 80s, but that's another story

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2006, 09:56:01 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~VIBES to BK ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2006, 10:05:54 AM »

Yesterday MattH Said:

>I still object to everyone in that DA's office either wanting to or actually sleeping with one another. I was never all that interested in pursuing any of my co-workers and neither were any of the other single teachers I worked with. We all seemed to look elsewhere for companionship.<

Matt, I'm not sure that's so far off, well at least it wasn't when I started in the Public Defender's office in Phoenix in the  mid to late 80s.  We were almost all in our late 20s and after spending the day discussing sex cases and other sordid things, then heading out for adult beverages together....well, things happened.  Of course that was pre-Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas. Things were pretty boring after that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2006, 10:08:14 AM »

There's an open house at my next door neighbor's house today.  I'm going to go and see it.  I think they are asking way more than they will get, but I need to see the inside.  Actually I hope they get it, that will make what I paid for this house seem even more of a bargain.

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2006, 10:10:35 AM »

They are having the annual Tulip Festival in Orange City right now. I'm thinking of driving up either this afternoon or tomorrow.  It's pretty cool.  Here's a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.octulipfestival.com/

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2006, 10:15:36 AM »

Oh, I just noticed today is the last day for the festival....I may not make it

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2006, 10:20:29 AM »

I am having a terrible day. I have my computer brightness on 10% just so i can be on here for a minute.

I was out today and my head started really hurting (it might be connected to my neck). Anyhow i stopped and had a muffin. BUt it got worse (i also took 2 motrin).

I have had a couple of very severe migraines in the past. And i was starting to feel really bad. I felt like i was going to throw up, and my arm was numb and tingling. And then my face got that way too (but on ly for a few minutes).

I immediately got driven home and took a fiorinal (for migraines). IT's gone down from 100% pain torture, to 50%. I fell asleep for an hour.

It's funny but my nect pain on thursday was bad to me. But it was only like 20% of what this was like today. I was scared out of my mind (because last time this happened i had to be hospitalized).

When i lay down my neck started tingling. So maybe it is all related. ANd hopefully later i can have the other 1/2 pill muscle relaxant.

Anyhow that is my story. Pretty crummy saturday.

Hope everyone else is doing better.

FJL

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2006, 10:24:58 AM »

Feel-better vibes to Jennifer.

FJL

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2006, 10:26:05 AM »

Sanity vibes to BK.

FJL

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2006, 10:27:04 AM »

I seem to remember that "I Ain't Down Yet" was the theme for the Wonderama TV show, or was that only for the local NYC version of Wonderama?

FJL

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2006, 10:27:45 AM »

High-value-of-your-house vibes to Cilla.

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2006, 10:35:47 AM »

Thanks.

Anyone read a good book lately?  I recently read Kite Runner and Peace Like a River and loved them both. I'm looking for something to read and am planning a trek to B & N this weekend, so suggestions are welcome

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2006, 10:39:47 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ

TR Pearson's A SHORT HISTORY OF SMALL PLACE is a terrific book.

And DANDELION WINE by Ray Bradbury, if you've never read it.

Yes, we do DR GINNY....and I have sprung the trap several times today.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2006, 10:40:29 AM »

DR PENNY O - the sun followed Mercury into Gemini today, so changes in the weather should be plentiful but brief....doncha think?

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2006, 10:44:03 AM »

TR Pearson's A SHORT HISTORY OF SMALL PLACE is a terrific book.

Hmm, this looks good. I think I'll pick up a copy, thanks for the suggestion

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2006, 10:44:31 AM »

Wedding and Good weather vibes to PennyO!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2006, 10:45:09 AM »

Oh yes, I nearly forgot.....GOOD WEATHER AND WONDERFUL WEDDING VIBES TO DR PENNY O

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2006, 10:45:14 AM »

Positive Theatre vibes to bk and company!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2006, 10:46:45 AM »

Feel better Vibes to DR Jennifer...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up