Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: RACING AGAINST THE CLOCK  (Read 15797 times)

Michael

Re: RACING AGAINST THE CLOCK
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »

Went to Amoeba yesterday. Now I understand why the put all the other stores out of business.

I limited myself to 3 cds although I could have bought at least six more.

I did not have the patients to look through all the dvds and blu rays
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2009, 03:50:06 PM »

Also I tried to go to several movie poster memorabilia stores three listed on line are no longer there.

And those that know LA there is one at Sunset and Laurel Canyon. Very difficult to find a parking space
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »

Also glad that  I got the email re Nudie. I thought it was 8.  Its at 7:30
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2009, 04:03:54 PM »

I saw in today's obits that actor and writer Chip Hand passed away. The name sounded so familiar to me, but I don't know why. Had he been mentioned on HHW before? Or maybe I saw him in an episode of Room 222, or something.

Chip Hand, if I remember correctly, was a "close" friend of Merv Griffith's, if you get my drift. I think our DR Charles Pogue worked with him. Or was it BK?

Look at

March 16, 2009

OH, so it was BK who knew Chip Hand. Mystery solved. Whew.

Searching around the internet I came across Chip Hand's Myspace page http://www.myspace.com/chiphand . You can listen to him sing a few different songs...he certainly had a beautiful song.

Strangly enough, he last logged into his myspace page the same day he died. 55 years old, way too young.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2009, 04:11:56 PM »

OOHH!!!

Apparently, today is also National Strawberry Shortcake Day!!!

OMG!!!

We do get all the best food reporting here at HHW!

(And I wanted to lose another five pounds...)

Strawberries are good diet food.

So is watermelon.  I've been eating a lot of watermelon with my cold.

Glad you are feeling better.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2009, 04:18:46 PM »

DR George, you look very handsome in your new glasses.  Did you save your old ones as a back up?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2009, 04:21:00 PM »

Went to Amoeba yesterday. Now I understand why the put all the other stores out of business.

I limited myself to 3 cds although I could have bought at least six more.

I did not have the patients to look through all the dvds and blu rays

There wasn't a doctor in the house?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2009, 04:36:54 PM »

DR Jennifer thanks for the baking report.  Good for Megan experiencing the new activities yesterday!

What cruise line did you travel where the food was so good, and how long ago?

It was Carnival cruise line. Although my parents have been on Norwegian many times and they found the same thing i did. My cruise was i think in 2000.

We have never been on either of those.   We were very impressed with how organized Princess was.  Overall we were very pleased & should we decide to cruise again we might go on them.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »

DR Jane, I think our cruise was in Dec/Jan 2007.  To the Carribean.

I thought you said it was a long time ago?

;D 

DR Daw did you try the cookies?  I thought our HA cruise had horrid cookies, completely uneatable.  We had multiple problems with them making errors.  I must admit once our group went to complain things improved, too much in fact.  Our names must have been on a list to be nice to us & it was so obvious it was embarrassing. 

As for the food, I think much is expectation.  We were comparing to the food we had on Princess in the 90's& even Princess can't match that. 

Once of the things I enjoy about a ship is talking to the international staff.  The Romania people really too to us once they new we had visited their country & have a daughter-in-law from there.  Many of them said they rarely meet anyone who has been to there.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2009, 05:15:47 PM »

Nice glasses, DR GEORGE.

Thanks, DR ELMORE....I shall await the results.

I had six....count them....six people at auditions today.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that I can definitely use 5 of them.....and I can use all six if necessary....depending on the turnout tomorrow.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »

DR Ginny - I think you provided a link to a site some time ago that gave book recommendations; i.e., you enter a title and author that you like, and the site pointed you to other recommended books.  Does this sound at all familiar?

DR DAW - in library-speak, that's called Reader Advisory and, yes, there are some websites.  You might try:

http://www.hclib.org/pub/bookspace/FindaGoodBook.cfm

or

http://www.allreaders.com
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2009, 05:22:16 PM »

Hey, DR Ginny - thanks a bunch!!!!!       :-*    :-*    :-*

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »

Hey, DR Ginny - thanks a bunch!!!!!       :-*    :-*    :-*

You're welcome, DR DAW.  Some of the best RA tools are fee-based databases (Novelist and What Do I Read Next?).  You might be able to access them through your local public library.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2009, 05:27:57 PM »

No DRJOSE - I didn't get much sleep last night, but I shall go to bed early tonight....like right now!

DR MBARNUM thanks for recording the UFO HUNTERS for me....perhaps some day my sister's episode will really be shown.  I don't need any of the others.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »

I had six....count them....six people at auditions today.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that I can definitely use 5 of them.....

I would have been the sixth one.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2009, 05:56:37 PM »

George-You Look Great in Your new Specs

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2009, 06:11:04 PM »

DR Jennifer thanks for the baking report.  Good for Megan experiencing the new activities yesterday!

What cruise line did you travel where the food was so good, and how long ago?

It was Carnival cruise line. Although my parents have been on Norwegian many times and they found the same thing i did. My cruise was i think in 2000.

We have never been on either of those.   We were very impressed with how organized Princess was.  Overall we were very pleased & should we decide to cruise again we might go on them.

I would rather book a six week cruise to Iceland on the Staten Island Ferry than ever set foot on a Norwegian Cruise Ship again.  The worst food and the rudest service I have ever experienced. 

I love most of the other cruise lines I have sailed on (although I am a little old for the Carnival experience anymore).  Princess has always been consistantly first rate; and after November, I will let you know about Oceania Cruises.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2009, 06:16:29 PM »

Have you ever been on a Crystal cruise?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2009, 06:19:54 PM »

Good Evening!

Today turned out to be quite a stunner of a day here in New York City.  The sun came back out, the temps stayed on the cool side, and there's been a nice breeze blowing too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2009, 06:21:50 PM »

And now I shall attempt to post while I watch the season premiere of "True Blood".
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2009, 06:34:36 PM »

Are you asking me, Jane?   No, I have never been on Crystal, although I would like to check them out.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2009, 06:36:22 PM »

Good Evening!

Today turned out to be quite a stunner of a day here in New York City.  The sun came back out, the temps stayed on the cool side, and there's been a nice breeze blowing too.

May I order that kind of weather for two weeks from now?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »

Good Evening!

Ginny, have you figured out how you are going to get north of the city on that Sunday night or Monday morning?
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2009, 06:43:05 PM »

My friend, Allen, called me up earlier, and said he was in the mood to go to a Street Fair.  So, we went to the Street Fair that happened to be taking place in DR elmore's 'hood.  It was on Broadway from 73rd up to 86th.  It was the usual street fair set up, with the usual street fair vendors.  We just did a lot of browsing and people-watching.  Allen did end up getting a sausage and peppers sandwich.  I really wasn't in the mood for street fair food, so, instead, I ended getting two hot dogs with everything from Gray's Papaya. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2009, 06:43:29 PM »

Good Evening!

I shall put in the request first thing tomorrow morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2009, 06:44:02 PM »

Are you asking me, Jane?   No, I have never been on Crystal, although I would like to check them out.

Yes, I was asking you.  I suppose I'm interested if any DR has been on them.  I thought you might have at some time.  I would like to try them. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2009, 06:44:10 PM »

DR George - Nice (new) glasses.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2009, 06:44:41 PM »

My friend, Allen, called me up earlier, and said he was in the mood to go to a Street Fair.  So, we went to the Street Fair that happened to be taking place in DR elmore's 'hood.  It was on Broadway from 73rd up to 86th.  It was the usual street fair set up, with the usual street fair vendors.  We just did a lot of browsing and people-watching.  Allen did end up getting a sausage and peppers sandwich.  I really wasn't in the mood for street fair food, so, instead, I ended getting two hot dogs with everything from Gray's Papaya. ;)

DR elmore is that the same street fair we went to?

Ginny

« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2009, 06:45:39 PM »

Good Evening!

Ginny, have you figured out how you are going to get north of the city on that Sunday night or Monday morning?

DR TCB - we gave up.  It was just Richard who would have gone to the ordination.  We investigated trains, busses (with DR Elmore's help), and even planes, but nothing seemed like it would work.  Thanks for asking.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2009, 06:48:58 PM »

Yes, I was asking you.  I suppose I'm interested if any DR has been on them.  I thought you might have at some time.  I would like to try them. 

How about Silver Seas?  The cruise my parents took earlier this year was on Silver Seas, and they loved it.  I've also had some friends who have worked on cruise ships from time to time, and they've all said that the Silver Seas ships had the best accommodations for the staff and entertainers.

As for Norwegian... I've heard varying things about them.  It seems to be vary from ship to ship.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up