Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: RACING AGAINST THE CLOCK  (Read 15647 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
RACING AGAINST THE CLOCK
« on: June 14, 2009, 12:41:29 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes raced by and beat the clock, and now it is time for you to post until the racing cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: RACING AGAINST THE CLOCK
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 12:42:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLOUT!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 01:18:34 AM »

BK, good luck with your rehearsal today and I hope that the performances go much, much much (that's three muches) better than you expect!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 01:24:39 AM »

I just watched "16 Blocks" on one of the hi-def channels.  It sounded interesting.  Basically, Bruce Willis has to get Mos Def from a jail to a grand jury inquest that's 16 blocks away.  Along the way, things happen...bad things.  And then the bad guys (who are cops!) try to stop them.  It seems to take place in real time...no cut-aways that are later in the day, or the next morning.  It was pretty intense and I liked it.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 01:25:21 AM »

And now, I must get to sleep.  Good night.

DAW

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 03:01:12 AM »

***CONTINUED EXCELLENT VIBES & XYLOPHONES***
for bk and the cast and crew of TFNM!!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 03:02:16 AM »

***CONTINUED PACKING VIBES***
for DR Sam!!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 03:03:11 AM »

***CONTINUED DON'T-GET-SICK VIBES***
for DR Jane's DH Keith!!!!!!

DAW

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 04:31:31 AM »

HAPPY FLAG DAY, EVERYONE!!!!!

To celebrate, in church we are singing a motet devilishly devised by my DH.  To the text of "Surge, Illuminare."  The tune of "You're a Grand Old Flag" weaves semi-obscured between the various voice parts.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 05:27:53 AM »

Good morning, all! I am out of bed and shortly out the door. I have a lot of proofing and readying more work for the copyists on Life Begins At 8:40. I also need to sort through the materials on the editions of LADY OF THE SLIPPER and BABES IN TOYLAND, Vol. 2 to get us ready for the next round.  After that, I have a date with Ron Raines to help him with his iTunes.

I enjoyed BURN NOTICE a lot, although the storyline about Michael's birthday dinner got lost in the shuffle. When I get home tonight, I'll catch up on ROYAL PAINS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Continued Vibes to One and All! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 05:44:18 AM »

We spent some of last night setting up a digital television box to see how many channels we get as a possible first step in getting rid of cable.

The box works and we get all the channels we want to get which is basically CBS, NBC, ABC the two locals, CW and My9, Channel 13, Channel 25 (local educational channel) and ION (Channel 31) We also get all the sub channels so we now have two weather channels. The box is low-end and the remote is not great but if we figure out how to hook up the VCR/DVD player to the box we may be on our way to cutting cable. I will miss New York One and Channel 21 (the other PBS station) but not enough to keep Time Warner. Our television viewing is so low that we are happy with what we get over the air. We will live with it for a couple of weeks and make the decision.

I must say that the picture is great, even on this old television from 2000. The only problem is when the signal is weak you get nothing, no snow, no ghosts, just nothing. But, that's OK.

FJL

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 06:21:54 AM »

Nudie Musical vibes of all sorts to bk

Jennifer

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 06:31:26 AM »

Vibes of good luck to BK and cast. ~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 06:33:02 AM »

DR Jane i didn't get on the internet yesterday. But you asked a question about the baking for the daycare garage sale.

Actually luckily it seemed like a few people did bake. It was hard since the baked goods were outside. So the other people mostly baked cupcakes and cookies.

I baked muffins (banana, and blueberry/banana). And i also baked some easy chocolate chip cupcakes.

Jennifer

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 06:35:51 AM »

re: food on cruise ships being crappy.

I totally disagree. While the buffets might not be 5 stars, IMO the sit down dinners are practically gourmet. I thought the quality was very high.

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 06:36:46 AM »

Btw, shockingly enough my niece went on the pony, the bouncy inflatables and a huge inflatable slide.
She would normally never do all 3. But i encouraged her to try them all. And she loved them!

Cillaliz

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 07:06:42 AM »

Today is the 20th Anniversary of my divorce.  I don't have any emotional connection to it anymore. We were only married a year and only knew each other 4 days before we got married, but when I walked out of the courthouse (Central Court Building in Phoenix)  the flags were flying for flag day. That's what I remember every June 14th

Cillaliz

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 07:07:55 AM »

I am up.  It wasn't supposed to rain today but it did and looks like it could rain more.  I am very glad I got all my yard work done yesterday

Cillaliz

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 07:09:32 AM »

Our TV stations all went totally digital back in February.  I don't get enough stations to go totally without cable, but wish I did

Cillaliz

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 07:19:38 AM »

Today I have a few hours of work to do at the office, laundry to do and a little cleaning up around the house.  I better get to it

Cillaliz

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 07:20:03 AM »

Oh! CBS Sunday Morning is doing a story on The High Line

Cillaliz

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 07:22:17 AM »

The High Line story was very quick, only a minute or two. I didn't see DR Jose or Monkey... :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 07:22:48 AM »

That is an interesting Flag Day story, DR CILLA LIZ.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 07:22:53 AM »

Time to medicate the cat and get some breakfast.  Laters....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 07:23:24 AM »

DR ELMORE tell Mr Raines that I like his LA MANCHA cd very much......he should send me an autograph to put in the display case in the lobby.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 07:24:15 AM »

Since DR MATTH didn't comment again, and DR GEORGE and DR MBARNUM were mum as well, I can only assume that DARK PRESENCE was not broadcast yesterday.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 07:27:33 AM »

I just watched "16 Blocks" on one of the hi-def channels.  It sounded interesting.  Basically, Bruce Willis has to get Mos Def from a jail to a grand jury inquest that's 16 blocks away.  Along the way, things happen...bad things.  And then the bad guys (who are cops!) try to stop them.  It seems to take place in real time...no cut-aways that are later in the day, or the next morning.  It was pretty intense and I liked it.

I *LOVED* it. It was one of the first movies I was determined to get on Blu-ray because I found the movie so gripping and I wanted the best picture and sound possible. I wasn't disappointed, and I've watched it at least a dozen times since I bought it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 07:28:06 AM »

Whew!  KISS ME KATE closed to a sold out house, but the audience was not quite as responsive as Friday night's audience....in fact they were quiet, although we got nice applause and I got all of my laughs except one...

Then the set was struck and the props and costumes were all put away.  Of course for some reason three of the Shakespearean hats that were rented disappeared somewhere between the stage and the dressing room.  And all of the boys were very excited to learn that they could have their tights for their very own.

There was too much food - too many acts in the "talent show" and too little actual talent on display.  There were about 8 good presentation out of 17....it all ended a little after 3 a.m.  I now I am preparing for my MAN OF LA MANCHA auditions which begin at 3 p.m. today.

Hopefully I will get some good people.  I will not be using many of the "stars" from KISS ME KATE because of their rehearsal habits and annoying backstage behavior.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 07:29:03 AM »

I now have two new titles for my autobiography:

MEDICATE THE CAT

and

WHAT HE PERCEIVES ARE PERSONAL REASONS

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 07:29:15 AM »

Vibes for NUDIE......
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up