Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW YEAR COMETH  (Read 22657 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re:THE NEW YEAR COMETH
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2004, 09:47:13 PM »

Today's moment of spousal hilarity:

We are watching the quite excellent Nowhere in Africa, and were wondering when Kristallnacht happened.  So, Betsy goes out to the living room, where there are several encyclopedia (isn't that plural already? :)), The New York Times Desk Reference, and any number of other books that would have this essential piece of information.  What does she get?  The Onion's Our Dumb Century, because she remembered that there was an article about Lloyd's of London declining to insure "this year's Kristallnacht Festivities."  Oy.  We make each other laugh.

So then we spent the next several minutes laughing hysterically at several of the wartime Onion parodies.  Two of my favorites:  the 100 point headline WA- (headline continued on page 7).  And an article entitled Ladies, Negroes Prove Momentarily Useful.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2004, 09:57:39 PM »

Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are still quite a ways off, and the software will be even further off.  No need waiting on an all-region player.

I recommend the JVC - a bit more money, but it's a rock-solid unit, with every feature under the sun, and you're buying a well-respected manufacturer, plus you know it will do the conversion properly, which some cheaper players won't.  I got mine from hkflix.com - fast shipping, and I love the player - in fact, I have two of them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2004, 09:58:04 PM »

Dinner was, as always, lusciously luscious, as was the company.  More about it in the notes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2004, 10:11:36 PM »

Have any of our California Kimlets (most likely candidate, Jay) been down to La Jolla Playhouse to see JERSEY BOYS?  I have been hearing such wonderful things about the show, that I was just wondering if anyone here had seen it.  I love David Noroña, and I hear he is fantastic as Frankie Valli.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2004, 10:21:48 PM »

There  must be a "Big Girls Don't Cry" or "Walk Like a Man" comment there somewhere. Maybe it's just four seasonal viewing.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2004, 10:26:41 PM »

I'm semi-soaked - had on a hooded windbreaker - having just come back from performing a yucky task.
The front walk of my duplex has been lined with Christmas luminaries for the past week. They were put up by the people who live in the downstairs place. IMHO, as we use this shared walkway to the street, it would have been nice had I been asked about the luminaries. Of course, I would have said yes, but still it would have been nice to be consulted. At any rate, these bags with votive candles and sand inside have been sitting there like so much fish. I only saw them lit once, so I really don't know why they bothered to put them up.
My downstairs neighbors seem to be away and, as mentioned before, it's coming down like gangbusters outside. The paper bags - filled with sand - were going to disintegrate, leaving big messy piles of sand and paper on the pathway. So I went downstairs and collected them all - of course, some of them fell apart as I picked them up - leaving piles of wet sand for me to sweep up - and lugged them to the garbage cans at the back of the house. Yuck.
Not a terribly interesting story. And not a major tragedy compared to what's going on in the world, but annoying.
The End.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 10:27:54 PM by Panni »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2004, 10:41:37 PM »

DR George - I forgot to thank you for including Tiger Cruise in your faves list.

Jed

« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2004, 11:21:27 PM »

Maybe it's just four seasonal viewing.

Must... not... groan...
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2004, 11:36:24 PM »

I see people, yet I don't see posts.  If I see people I should see posts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2004, 11:37:42 PM »

Is it New Year's yet?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up