Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BRILLIANTLY ILLUMINATING  (Read 16861 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: BRILLIANTLY ILLUMINATING
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2011, 03:58:57 PM »

Page Four!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2011, 04:01:08 PM »

Here's my fabulous cardiologist explaining the test I'm having a week from Monday.

What grade is that kid in?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »

LOL, DR Ron Pulliam!  My shredder is right here next to my desk and I certainly should use it more often...

I was so proud of myself when I bought a very nice shredder.  I can still count on one hand the number of bags of shredding I have thown away.

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »

Went to The Roadhouse Grill for my niece Katie's birthday dinner. Had a Pomegranate martini. It was tasty, but made me not sleep well and also caused me to have several very odd dreams. Not bad dreams particularly, just odd dreams.

If your dreams involved Leonardo DiCaprio, then it might be INCEPTION.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2011, 04:06:24 PM »

I'm in my second Elluminate session of the day, and so I have my headset on. I have discovered that the bird does not like this. In fact, it literally depresses him. Very strange.

I thought you wrote Eliminate session, which I was afraid would deal with Ex-Lax.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2011, 04:10:39 PM »

Hello, everybody! I have returned from a good day at City Center Encores! with Joshie, who loved his birthday gift, and the mighty Rob Berman. conductor extraordinaire. We all had a slice of Joshie's birthday cake, which was a lemon cake with butter cream frosting and beautful colored frsting swirls from a pastry tube, Joshie's brother Jeremy baked it for him yesterday and it was quiye yummilicious.

After we finished up today's work, I went down to the WHERE'S CHARLEY? rehearsal on 3 to see my beloved Rebecca Luker, who introduced me to a friend of my friend Curtis, Lauren Worsham, who's playing Amy. I spoke to the truly strange Howard McGillin who's always friendly when I'm with someone he knows but looks at me with horror whenever I address him on my own as if he's wondering why I'm not down at the dump shooting rats.

And you could tell him the reason is that he isn't down at the dump for you to shoot!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2011, 04:12:37 PM »

Shayne, yes, I had access to the Rome-sung version of GWTW - but we couldn't use any of it as our license precludes it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »

Worked a lot with the helper and we're all straightened out now - the disaster wasn't too bad - we'd already actually shipped four of the six invoices as those people had written us and we'd seen that they hadn't been sent - the other two are going out today and then, at long last, everything should be on track from here on in and easy to check if something goes astray.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2011, 04:14:55 PM »

I had the motor car washed, did errands and whatnot, picked up four packages but no important envelope, which will hopefully be here tomorrow.  I paid an obscene number of bills and had a sandwich and onion rings for lunch.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2011, 04:17:22 PM »

LOL, DR Ron Pulliam!  My shredder is right here next to my desk and I certainly should use it more often...

I was so proud of myself when I bought a very nice shredder.  I can still count on one hand the number of bags of shredding I have thown away.

Me, too.  I got a cross-cut shredder through Amazon and it's great!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2011, 04:19:18 PM »

San Diego Out!   Memphis In!!  I'll save almost $1500 going to the seminar in Memphis vs the seminar in San Diego. And it's at a marriott so I can build up even more points to use on a New York vacation.  The seminar itself looks similar and I'll be much more comfortable with 400 people vs 3000 people. PLUS it's during Memphis in May and includes a ticket to the World Barbeque contest.  Fun!

Cilla, congrats on the $1500 savings! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2011, 04:19:57 PM »

Ok, time to go home, maybe order a pizza and get ready for the big game!  GO MIDGETTES~!  and if some one is offended by our mascot...get over it.

Just tell them it's French.

;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »

San Diego Out!   Memphis In!!  I'll save almost $1500 going to the seminar in Memphis vs the seminar in San Diego. And it's at a marriott so I can build up even more points to use on a New York vacation.  The seminar itself looks similar and I'll be much more comfortable with 400 people vs 3000 people. PLUS it's during Memphis in May and includes a ticket to the World Barbeque contest.  Fun!

Cilla, congrats on the $1500 savings! :D

That really is great! I was al caught up in your story of the state's payment problems and your friend's email.

I've been on the phone with the record producer of the Herbert recordings; my emails are not getting to her on my regular server, but when I go to Roadrunner's webmail, which I use when I'm away from the apartment. everything's fine. Oy!

BK, next time you're paying an obscene amount of bills, I'm going to sneak a few of mine into the mix.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2011, 04:40:11 PM »

Worked a lot with the helper and we're all straightened out now - the disaster wasn't too bad - we'd already actually shipped four of the six invoices as those people had written us and we'd seen that they hadn't been sent - the other two are going out today and then, at long last, everything should be on track from here on in and easy to check if something goes astray.

That must have brought a huge sigh of relief. Speaking of packages, did the ONE TOUCH OF VENUS get to you?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2011, 04:41:07 PM »

Remember several years ago when all the talk about The Wedding was Liza and .... umm, somebody?

Yes, well Liza married a queen, too.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2011, 04:42:46 PM »

That must have brought a huge sigh of relief. Speaking of packages, did the ONE TOUCH OF VENUS get to you?

I thought I'd mentioned it, but, yes, it did indeed - very enjoyable to hear that score again after seeing the show.

Laura

« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »

LOL!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2011, 04:43:46 PM »

As I mentioned here a week or so ago, Roger Corman is shipping me a box of CHEYENNE WARRIOR DVDs to sell at the upcoming Festival of the West in Scottsdale, AZ.

That's the movie I wrote that stars Kelly Preston, Dan Haggerty, Bo Hopkins and Pato Hoffmann.

If anybody is interested in buying a copy, please contact me.

I must confess that I have never seen CHEYENNE WARRIOR, nor am I familiar with Pato Hoffmann.

I'm very proud of this movie.

Pato Hoffmann is a fine actor from Bolivia, who plays the title role in the film.

He played several Native American roles in films (e.g. WILD BILL) back in the 1990s.

He picked up a small, albeit impressive, following from this movie.

Like me, he still gets fan mail from it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:45:32 PM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2011, 04:46:08 PM »

Today I found out the state ran out of money for court appointed attorneys so they aren't paying claims either.  My state claims are minimal, so that's no biggie to me, but I saw an email from a woman who is going to be financially devastated if she doesn't get some of her claims paid soon.   I am so thankful that I was inspired to get into immigration where I get paid by my clients and that although things are tight, I'm getting by without the pain others are experiencing. 

Scary when you think what might have happened.  It is sad the state can't pay their bills.

Oh haven't you heard, Jane?  It is the greedy and vastly overpaid state workers that have driven all 50 states into virtual bankruptcy.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2011, 04:51:51 PM »

A reader of The Tacoma News Tribune wrote a letter to the editor complaining about all of these selfish state workers who are paid over $100,000.00 a year.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »

Cilla, I am glad you are going to save $1,500.00, but personally I would rather be in San Diego.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2011, 04:56:32 PM »

As I mentioned here a week or so ago, Roger Corman is shipping me a box of CHEYENNE WARRIOR DVDs to sell at the upcoming Festival of the West in Scottsdale, AZ.

That's the movie I wrote that stars Kelly Preston, Dan Haggerty, Bo Hopkins and Pato Hoffmann.

If anybody is interested in buying a copy, please contact me.

I must confess that I have never seen CHEYENNE WARRIOR, nor am I familiar with Pato Hoffmann.

I'm very proud of this movie.

Pato Hoffmann is a fine actor from Bolivia, who plays the title role in the film.

He played several Native American roles in films (e.g. WILD BILL) back in the 1990s.

He picked up a small, albeit impressive, following from this movie.

Like me, he still gets fan mail from it.

I just visited his web page.  Very impressive.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »

A reader of The Tacoma News Tribune wrote a letter to the editor complaining about all of these selfish state workers who are paid over $100,000.00 a year.

I thought that was only friends of the governor!

Jane

« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2011, 05:07:18 PM »

I'm glad it wasn't too bad and was a fairly easy fix.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2011, 05:08:51 PM »

Today I found out the state ran out of money for court appointed attorneys so they aren't paying claims either.  My state claims are minimal, so that's no biggie to me, but I saw an email from a woman who is going to be financially devastated if she doesn't get some of her claims paid soon.   I am so thankful that I was inspired to get into immigration where I get paid by my clients and that although things are tight, I'm getting by without the pain others are experiencing. 

Scary when you think what might have happened.  It is sad the state can't pay their bills.

Oh haven't you heard, Jane?  It is the greedy and vastly overpaid state workers that have driven all 50 states into virtual bankruptcy.

;)

Jane

« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »

How many employees made the list?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »

Possibly 1 to 5%.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2011, 05:18:49 PM »

Not bad.

George

« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »

That certainly ain't me...but then, I'm not a state worker. ::)

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2011, 05:36:31 PM »

Richard and I had a delightful Friday afternoon date - saw Black Swan and had an early dinner at Outback Steakhouse.  The movie was pretty weird, but we're glad we saw it.  On the way back we stopped to peek in on my aunt and then visited my mom.  Aunt is about the same and Mom is great.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up