Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIED FOODS  (Read 25252 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:FRIED FOODS
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2004, 08:50:36 PM »

And one for Mahler!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #181 on: August 05, 2004, 09:00:28 PM »

But I'm fussy about the oil that's used. Purists say the best fish and chips are fried in beef tallow, but I can't handle that.

Actually, the best stuff to cook up gourmet fries is horse fat.

der "loving-the-sharing" Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #182 on: August 05, 2004, 09:21:35 PM »

Big Brother 5 WAS good tonight.

I loved it when Jase told Scott, after eviction, "It's ON!"

I loved it because I knew another vote against the horsemen would be introduced into the house.

What was even funnier was the fact that the remaining three horsemen were eliminated form HoH competition on the same question.  

I think "wild" Jase is going to be a lot quieter.  It will be interesting to see if he changes his tactics and attempts something new.  

My vote would be for Jase and "Cowboy" to go on the block in the next elimination nomination ceremony, but I don't know if Jennifer will put her half-brother on the block or not.  I do know HE wouldn't flinch if Jase told him to nominate his sister.   And Cowboy has said he's in it to win and won't let her get in his way regardless of their being related.

It might seem a logical move for the three horsemen to invite in Marvin, but apparently Cowboy has a great deal of animosity inside him toward Marvin that folks who subscribe to the website 24/7 have seen come into play but which hasn't been edited into the shows CBS airs.

The whole dynamic of the game shifted tonight.

Whether it's for the better remains to be seen.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 09:23:10 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: August 05, 2004, 10:24:47 PM »

Back, but must get some food into my hungry gaping maw.  Might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  I'll be back shortly.

Panni

« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2004, 10:43:22 PM »

Actually, the best stuff to cook up gourmet fries is horse fat.

Somebody clear the floor so I can vomit on it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2004, 10:45:53 PM »

I'm back from rehearsal too!

:)

DR George - Thanks for reminding me of Fried Pickles!!  I luv' em!!!  I prefer spears - battered or breaded - but I've been to a few places that have fried pickle chips/ slices instead.  Served with some ranch dressing on the side.. YUMMY!

And I still remember the first place I had fried pickles:  Duke University's Main Dining Hall.  I was down at Duke working on ELEANOR before it transferred up to Ford's Theatre, and I would frequently eat at the dining hall.  Pretty decent food, and since I was employed by the university at the time, they extended some of the staff discounts and benefits to us.  Well, as I was going through the line one day, they were offering a "fried vegetable bar".  A what?!?!? So... They had fried mushrooms, fried zucchini, fried baby carrots (which were pretty good too), those breaded and fried brocolli and cheese balls, and fried pickles!  Well, I just had to try to the pickles.... :)

Oh, and I've also had some some deep-fried olives too!  And, apparently, some food company has come out with deep-fried mac n' cheese?!?!?  Hmm.. even that sounds like overkill to me.  Hmm.. But that doesn't mean I won't give it a try should I come across it... :X
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2004, 10:48:14 PM »

Hungarian homes always have lots of frying going on (of food that is). Weirdly enough -- or perhaps not so weirdly -- when I became an adult, I developed a real aversion to the smell of frying food. Whenever I would go over to my mother's house for a meal, I'd have to wash all my clothes or send them out to be cleaned when I got back home, because all I could smell on them was that certain fried food odor.

Panni

« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2004, 10:49:50 PM »

Nevertheless, I would walk a mile in my bare feet for a good Wiener Schnitzel.

Panni

« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2004, 10:52:57 PM »

The NY Times review of Tiger Cruise gets quite political in its conclusion. And I can't disagree with the reviewer.

(Too bad Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz aren't in Tiger Cruise.)

Panni

« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2004, 10:54:06 PM »

I am a frenzy of one. I can see Jose out there. Probably frying up a pickle.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up