Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?  (Read 19862 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE RIDEOUT?
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2012, 02:43:04 PM »

"Elementary" has just opened over here. I thought the opening episode was good. Not as clever as "Sherlock" but well scripted, directed and acted.

While we continue to watch we are still undecided on this one.  It doesn't come close to "Sherlock" and I find the actor's accent annoying, and the tattoos, and a few other things.  There are moments though when I forget all these things and am engrossed.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »

I thought the delivery men changed the door if it needed to be changed.

They probably couldn't fix it.

When my dryer door needed to have the direction switched I was told they don't do this due to lack of time in the scheduling, then he kindly fixed it for me. 

Jane

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2012, 02:46:11 PM »

SAFE AND EASY TRAVELING VIBES DR MIKE!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2012, 02:47:34 PM »

DR Elmore, when do you leave for DC?

7:00am.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »

DR Elmore, when do you leave for DC?

7:00am.

Oh, so we'll both be up early tomorrow.  I'm going on a bus trip with my Mom and her senior center friends to Ohio's Hocking Hills.  It was scheduled as a Fall Foliage Tour, but the fall foliage has past its peak.  It was beautiful on my drive to Indiana and back last week, but I'm afraid tomorrow will just be a long bus ride for lunch.

Travel vibes to you, dear friend!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2012, 03:03:44 PM »

Have fun & good weather.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2012, 03:07:47 PM »

This article got to me as I have some scary memories riding as a passenger with my mother driving.
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/12-old-sues-parents-drunk-driving-car-accident-190600659.html

Jane

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2012, 03:43:59 PM »

Yesterday at the gym I saw one of my book club members and stopped to chat, which turned out to be a good thing.  She mentioned she couldn't get the book at the library and had to buy it at the book store & it was pricey at $20.  I was surprised about both comments but didn't think much about it.

Then she said the book store, that keeps a list of all book groups & the books they are reading plus gives us a discount, had the wrong book listed & the incorrect coordinator & said she needed me to call.  This conversation was 10 days ago & she had forgotten to let me know.  ::)

I was totally baffled how the book could be wrong since I had updated the bookstore's list just before this person was there. I of course called as soon as I got home.  I got lucky & spoke to the same person who took my info & confirmed she had done it correctly, yet it showed the book change.  Knowing which book it was changed to set off the light bulb in my head.

I called the person who told me the book was incorrect & sure enough she had mistaken an email for the February book as the November book. 

Ten days!!!  I hope she was the only one reading the wrong book.  I will not be happy if people come to my house unprepared to discuss my book.  And yes, an email went out as soon as I got off the phone with the bookstore.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2012, 03:47:15 PM »

The email about the February book, which she purchased for $20, also mentions how to find it for a lot less. 

I do feel bad for her because I know she has some medical issues that make her foggy at times though she is extremely bright.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2012, 03:50:05 PM »

Well, I learned on tonight's news about how my credit card theft happened: monitors on 63 Barnes & Noble stores, including the one where I used to work at 82nd and Broadway.  Istopped in there several weeks ago to buy Godiva truffles for my dinner host when my friend Elena was in town.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »

My friend Kim Criswell's movies is now on DVD in the US and Amazon just sent me my copy. It's a bawdy comedy and I recommend the film. Kim has the wildest scene.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2012, 04:02:50 PM »

Well, I learned on tonight's news about how my credit card theft happened: monitors on 63 Barnes & Noble stores, including the one where I used to work at 82nd and Broadway.  Istopped in there several weeks ago to buy Godiva truffles for my dinner host when my friend Elena was in town.

You used your debit card?  We don't use ours since our account was hacked at Costco.  No one said for sure it was Costco but they were the only place we used the debit card.  Now they take American Express cards.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2012, 04:25:20 PM »

"Elementary" has just opened over here. I thought the opening episode was good. Not as clever as "Sherlock" but well scripted, directed and acted.

While we continue to watch we are still undecided on this one.  It doesn't come close to "Sherlock" and I find the actor's accent annoying, and the tattoos, and a few other things.  There are moments though when I forget all these things and am engrossed.

Do you remember the TV series "Eli Stone" about a lawyer in San Francisco who had a brain tumor and saw things, a times, that came true later?

Same actor plays Sherlock here.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2012, 04:34:07 PM »

Hi all!  Sorry I've been away but you know me, I get depressed and then I can't say anything.  It is really rough at work and there was nothing happening with the house.

I finely have some good news--was told that they are going to post the permits tomorrow.  I guess that means things really are going to start shortly! ;)

I hope everyone is doing well. 

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »

Do you remember the TV series "Eli Stone" about a lawyer in San Francisco who had a brain tumor and saw things, a times, that came true later?

Same actor plays Sherlock here.

Thanks.

We watched it once and stopped.  I think I liked him better as Stone. 

Jane

« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »

I finely have some good news--was told that they are going to post the permits tomorrow.  I guess that means things really are going to start shortly! ;)

Great news!!! 

I'm sorry work continues to be so difficult.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2012, 05:31:11 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2012, 05:44:04 PM »

Back from a wonderful couple of hours with the editor of Outside The Box - he did a fantastic job on the first episode of season two - I almost spit up my Diet Coke at one point because of the way he cut one particular laugh - it was always going to be one of the great laughs of the series, but he made it even funnier.  But the whole thing plays beautifully and other than a couple of pull-ups in the set-up scene to help the pace (maybe eliminating twenty seconds) it's just grand.  I made no changes at all in the first number, one tiny change in the second, and none in the third.  That's the way I like it.  He's just so on my wavelength in terms of the humor.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »

Hi all!  Sorry I've been away but you know me, I get depressed and then I can't say anything.  It is really rough at work and there was nothing happening with the house.

Good news on the house!

I send a hug...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »

You used your debit card?  We don't use ours since our account was hacked at Costco.  No one said for sure it was Costco but they were the only place we used the debit card.  Now they take American Express cards.

I do not have credit cards but I am seriously considering getting a few visa gift cards or pre-paid cards. I am thinking they might be safer for online purchases, etc.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2012, 05:56:19 PM »

A story for all of the collector's here:
http://news.yahoo.com/man-sells-giant-autograph-collection-daughter-092030673.html

What a gift... I hope it helps. It is a true gesture of love

Jane

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »

Back from a wonderful couple of hours with the editor of Outside The Box - he did a fantastic job on the first episode of season two - I almost spit up my Diet Coke at one point because of the way he cut one particular laugh - it was always going to be one of the great laughs of the series, but he made it even funnier.  But the whole thing plays beautifully and other than a couple of pull-ups in the set-up scene to help the pace (maybe eliminating twenty seconds) it's just grand.  I made no changes at all in the first number, one tiny change in the second, and none in the third.  That's the way I like it.  He's just so on my wavelength in terms of the humor.

:)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »

Home, on the couch with my orange sweatshirt, my bud lite lime, steaks ready to grill and the baseball game on the TV. Feeling rather manly this eve

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2012, 06:11:51 PM »

From DR TCB:

Jennifer, I really think you need to see your doctor for a complete exam.

I was going to suggest the same thing.  There should be loads of blood taken & tests to be run to find out why you have been so run down the last year.  It might be more than just catching things from your nieces.

Not run down the last year, only the last month.  I don't really have any other symptoms. And it is common (for me at least) to feel a bit under the weather when the seasons change. I"m not really sick. I've often felt under the weather for a while. But then it goes away.

If i felt like crap i would definitely go to the doctor. But what should i say now. That i'm 70%. Most people probably feel only 70% much of the time. It mostly impacts my ability to exercise.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2012, 06:14:24 PM »

That is good news!

Post here. It will help you feel less depressed.

Hope you're feeling better. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2012, 06:15:05 PM »

I never use my debit card to buy anything at stores. Either credit card or cash.

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2012, 06:15:35 PM »

I loved ELI STONE!

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2012, 06:16:20 PM »

Has anybody found any new series that they really enjoy?

I decided not to watch many new shows. I am watching ARROW and BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. I"ve only seen one ep of the first and two of the latter. So far I really like BATB.

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2012, 06:16:58 PM »

I wonder if i would like to be in a book club.

I love discussing books. But I prefer to read what I want to read. I think I'd like the club if it was only my books. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2012, 06:17:27 PM »

I am going to make chilli probably tomorrow. Have not had any in quite a while.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up