Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: COMFORT FOOD  (Read 21730 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: COMFORT FOOD
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »

Back from having a bacon cheeseburger and no fries or onion rings and picking up no packages.  Garage is all clean and organized and all that's left to do is go through a huge pile of sheet music to organize that into proper books for our Kritzerland shows.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »

MBarnum, I am Facebook friends with one teacher, but she's a teacher in the grad school I'm now attending. None from high school or grade school or even undergrad years.

But a friend from high school must have seen that in the Louisville paper and passed the word along.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »

THREE
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2012, 01:15:42 PM »

MBarnum, there's a place just back of the office that I tried for the first time today. (I don't usually leave campus for lunch.) Anyway, it's called India Chaat and it had wonderful Indian street food for lunch. And there were previews of upcoming Bollywood movies as well as musical numbers from some of the films playing on the big screen. The walls also had several pictures of Bollywood stars on the walls.
― Voltaire

Doug R

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2012, 01:26:54 PM »

Did you get your new suit DR DOUG R?

Not yet.

Doug R

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »

Back home after drinks with friends. The bar was really packed out, which for mid-week is unusual - maybe the economy is finally picking up.

Doug R

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2012, 01:33:58 PM »

I keep thinking that I'd like a tablet and am considering buying a Kindle Fire HD. It was released this week in the UK and I was looking at a demo model in a store today. I thought it was quite impressive.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2012, 01:42:04 PM »

Off to Salem to get some property from my neighbors.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »

In other news, a popular Indian comedian was killed in an auto accident yesterday. Punjabi language cinema favorite Jaspal Bhatti died in the wreck when the car he was riding in hit a tree.

He and other cast members were traveling to promote his latest comedy film which opens on Friday, and which he also produced and directed, titled POWER CUT. 

The film's leading man Jasraj Bhatti and the leading lady Suril Gautam (this is the first film for each) were both seriously injured along with another passenger who may or may not be an actor in the film (none of the news reports mention who he was).

Very sad. He was a very, very funny guy, and I imagine the film's opening will be rather bittersweet. I do hope the injured performers make a full recovery.

It does look like a fun film:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU64LaeS3xU

That is very sad, MBarnum (Congrats TCB, my first attempt did not have one correct letter typed).  I hope the film will still be a hit.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2012, 01:50:59 PM »

I don't believe I offered travel vibes to either DR elmore or DR Mike.

~~~~~~~~Belated travel vibes to both dear readers~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2012, 01:57:48 PM »

And the word of the day is: DELATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  PASS ME BY

I am assuming the song from FATHER GOOSE.  Is that the one?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »

Tod: rye bread. Butter. Radishes.Swiss cheese. Maybe charcuterie.all together with cornichons and olives on the side.

Does this dish have a name?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2012, 01:59:46 PM »

I keep thinking that I'd like a tablet and am considering buying a Kindle Fire HD. It was released this week in the UK and I was looking at a demo model in a store today. I thought it was quite impressive.
What would you use it for? Since my computer broke a couple of days ago, I have been using my tablet as I would my laptop. SO, I've come to hate the tablet because of the writing that I have to do and cannot do easily without a keyboard.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2012, 02:00:47 PM »

Tod: rye bread. Butter. Radishes.Swiss cheese. Maybe charcuterie.all together with cornichons and olives on the side.

Radish sandwiches? I dunno. It's what we would eat for breakfast in Germany. I eat it whenever I have to toss something together quickly.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2012, 02:01:26 PM »

I used to serve it at my annual radish party, aka Noche de los Rabanos, on Dec. 23.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2012, 02:02:58 PM »

Good morning.  I've been to Costco and back hoping to get new tires, and it turns out they don't carry my size so I had to order them (and pay for them).  They should be here in a few days.

Tomorrow, the DP and I are heading up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend.  We are seeing Leon Russell in concert.  I, of course, have heard of him, but the DP has not and so far is not impressed.  I heard it's a good show.  I'll definitely report back. 

Matthew, I hope things are better, between you and your DP, now that the Frankenfriend has gone.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2012, 02:17:14 PM »

MBarnum, there's a place just back of the office that I tried for the first time today. (I don't usually leave campus for lunch.) Anyway, it's called India Chaat and it had wonderful Indian street food for lunch. And there were previews of upcoming Bollywood movies as well as musical numbers from some of the films playing on the big screen. The walls also had several pictures of Bollywood stars on the walls.

I hope you will go back for more! I love it when they play Bollywood musical numbers!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 02:18:45 PM »

And in more unrelated news:

I watched the final presidential debate and I must say that my favorite part is when the families of the two debators come onstage and everyone is nice to everyone else. It warms my heart.

My favorite was when one of Romney's little grandson who couldn't be more than 4  years old was chatting up Obama. It was adorable. Such a cute kid and the president seemed like he was having fun listening intently to the little guy.

That was because the little boy was telling the President of the United States, "Your wife looks just like our nanny."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 02:29:03 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2012, 02:19:24 PM »

Good morning.  I've been to Costco and back hoping to get new tires, and it turns out they don't carry my size so I had to order them (and pay for them).  They should be here in a few days.

Tomorrow, the DP and I are heading up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend.  We are seeing Leon Russell in concert.  I, of course, have heard of him, but the DP has not and so far is not impressed.  I heard it's a good show.  I'll definitely report back. 

Matthew, I hope things are better, between you and your DP, now that the Frankenfriend has gone.

Oh, DR TBC, that's a whole different story   LOL

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »

I watched the final presidential debate and I must say that my favorite part is when the families of the two debators come onstage and everyone is nice to everyone else. It warms my heart.

My favorite was when one of Romney's little grandson who couldn't be more than 4  years old was chatting up Obama. It was adorable. Such a cute kid and the president seemed like he was having fun listening intently to the little guy.

That was because the little boy was telling the President of the United States, "Your wife looks just our nanny."

TCB, I just spit out the tea I was drinking because I laughed so hard just now!!!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »

It is your own damn fault John, if MBarnum and all of his stuff is camped on your porch come Monday morning!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »

Radish sandwiches? I dunno. It's what we would eat for breakfast in Germany. I eat it whenever I have to toss something together quickly.

Interesting.  I have never heard of the combination before.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2012, 02:30:13 PM »

That was because the little boy was telling the President of the United States, "Your wife looks just our nanny."

TCB, I just spit out the tea I was drinking because I laughed so hard just now!!!!!!

Sorry.  I really should delete that post.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »

From DR Laura:
I bet she meant "dragonflies.

;D  I did.

I believe it was in Michigan & NJ that we had fireflies.  I don't know why I typed that.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »

DR Cilla I like your new avatar.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2012, 02:34:57 PM »

From DR Laura:
I bet she meant "dragonflies.

;D  I did.

I believe it was in Michigan & NJ that we had fireflies.  I don't know why I typed that.

Okay, that makes more sense.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2012, 02:37:29 PM »

I hope you will go back for more! I love it when they play Bollywood musical numbers!
I will go back, but mostly because the food was really good. There was only one dish I wasn't thrilled with: sev puri, which tasted like fried carbs. But the chicken curry had a whole cardamom pod in it, and that flavor was driving me crazy. Also a good lentil dish and roti.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »

It is your own damn fault John, if MBarnum and all of his stuff is camped on your porch come Monday morning!
If he cleans my house and promises to behave better than Matthew's Frankenguest, he's welcome.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »

It was an inspired line.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2012, 02:41:29 PM »

Driving home last night from the hospital I got caught in a hurricane like rain storm. I drove very slowly for a few miles and then it stopped. But looking in my rearview I could still see the storm.

That wacky Floridian weather

Hospital or airport?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up