Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MACARONI AND CHEESE NOTES  (Read 48609 times)

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
Re:THE MACARONI AND CHEESE NOTES
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2004, 11:12:32 AM »

Grrrrr, I hit the wrong button on Windows Media Player, and it co-opted my Explorer Window thereby totally erasing my post... Unless of course, my evil twin has already posted it.

CD Player at Work:  It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman  (Ein Vogel?... Ein Flugzeug?... Nein, Superman!)  I've always loved this score, but the concept of the show is so "whyyyy?".  I mean, the show belongs to Jack Cassidy and Linda Lavin who are extraneous to the original story.

Now listening to the delightful "You've Got Possibilities", I get mad at Jason Graae for changing the genders on his BK-produced album.  It would be the perfect theme for "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy".

VCR:  A blank tape to record Attack of the Puppet People (you hear that, MBarnum?) featuring DR hainesy/kimlette Susan Gordon at five o'clock tomorrow morning.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2004, 11:20:13 AM »

I'm still able to get online, how exciting.  Still haven't heard from my lunch partner, so maybe that's off, which means I didn't have to push back my Adelphia visit to late afternoon.  We shall see.  In the meantime, I've finished reading the book, I'm happy with much of it, and will now start doing some fixes and additions and smoothing out.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2004, 11:27:19 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]                               :o
                             :o  :o

::)                     ::)
                  ::)   ::)              ::)   ::)
                 ::) ::) ::)            ::) ::) ::)

;D                  ;D                  ;D
           ;D   ;D             ;D    ;D            ;D   ;D
        ;D         ;D       ;D         ;D       ;D         ;D
      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/move]

EVERYBODY DANCE!
--Wayland Flowers

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2004, 11:27:40 AM »

I'll be very interested to see what's actually causing the Adelphia problem.  They SWEAR it's not their server, so it's either the actual modem box or something on the line outside the house.  I shall have a full report for you.

I think it must surely be Phil's fault.

Whenever he's not around, the suddenly Phil-less Adelphia acts up.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 11:28:15 AM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2004, 11:27:53 AM »

Stop groaning, Jay!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2004, 11:41:32 AM »

Stop groaning, Jay!

Can't.............

fight................

the......................

urge.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2004, 11:45:37 AM »

Eat some cheese, then....

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2004, 11:52:36 AM »

Oh my, I just got to the extras on the Superman CD.  "Dot Dot Dot" sounds exactly like the opening number of The Fetid Smell of Failure.  Could Marvin's Walter Winchel parody owe something to Lee and Charles'?  Naaah!

Well, then again, I listened to Jerry Herman's Parade for the first time this morning, and... "Jolly Theatrical Season" (from a 1960 Greenwich Village review) sounds like a lyrical and musical inspiration for "Bobby and Jackie and Jack" (from a 1960 Greenwich Village review).

Now that inspires a Topic of Discussion, it does.  What If:  Jerry Herman had written the score to the Atlanta-rape-murder-lynching musical Parade?
--Wayland Flowers

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2004, 12:00:43 PM »

I'm not in the greatest of moods today and the stuff I'm coming up with for the sitcom sucks bigtime. :P
I think I'll just let it sit and get back to my other writing. But first I may eat lunch- which might put me on a better mood - or not.

That was another report from the fun person's day. Over and out.  8)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2004, 12:09:44 PM »

I'm not in the greatest of moods today and the stuff I'm coming up with for the sitcom sucks bigtime. :P
I think I'll just let it sit and get back to my other writing. But first I may eat lunch- which might put me on a better mood - or not.

That was another report from the fun person's day. Over and out.  8)

A barrel of monkeys should be so much fun.

;D
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2004, 12:13:04 PM »

Noel---

HAPPY FELLA is at Fashion Institute presented by V-LOG .  They usually do  a good job with their shows.  The orchestra is conducted by Christiane Noll's father.  They must be using a few Equity people now, as Rosabella is being played by the girl who played the title role in Mufti's FANNY last month.  Both roles are of a pregnant woman who marries an older man in order to give her baby a father.  I hope she doesn't get typecast!).  And before you can ask JRand, I'll check the balcony to see if there are four people who had matinee tickets trying to sit in two seats.

Now, Noel, where is HIGH SPIRITS playing?
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2004, 12:14:28 PM »

Re: The finale of The Apprentice

Yes.  While I liked the first hour that showed Bill and Kwame managing their tasks, the second hour seemed kind of anti-clamatic, including Trump's "You're Hired" to Bill.  Trump clearly didn't ahve any idea how to host this post-show wrap-up.  I've never seen a bigger stiff reading from cue cards.  Someone with more finess would have gotten more out of Troy, Omarosa, Ereka, Amy and Nick.  Trump just seemed to think it was enough to jsut give them a little air time.  The one worth-while moment was Heidi intorducing her mom and saying that she was doing fine.

I am also stunned to see that Omarosa was not a mole and that she has indeed been acting out of her own doing.  Add me to the list of people who thinks she is a self-deluded, lying witch.

I think Trump picked the wrong guy.  True, Bill's golf tourney went off relatively hitch-free.  But the guy was all over the place, checking and double-checking and re-checking the efforts his three (actually four) people who he should have known he could rely on.  Kwame's Jessica Simpson event, on the other hand, had many bumps (Omarosa), most caused by his own people (Omarosa).  And yet through it all, he calmly evaluated each problem, quickly resolved it, and moved on.  And in the end, his event also was completed succesfully.  That's what I call a winning management style.  Unless Bill learns to do likewise, I see him and his staff developing ulcers in the coming years.

What I wonder is if Omarosa was purposely trying to hurt Kwame's chances. Or if that was her trying her hardest.  I actually think it was the latter.

I was annoyed that Kwame allowed her to pull that crap.  When she took off with Jessica Simpson (and wouldn't answer her phone) after Kwame told her that Donald Trump was on his way ... I wanted to hurt her.

If I had been Kwame I would have yelled at her for that.  But he did nothing.

And while Kwame hadn't seen the video, and couldn't prove at the time that Omaraso had completely lied about that phone call at dinner ... I wish that Donald Trump had let Omaraso finish when he called her on it during last night's show.

I want to know if she just got things mixed up.  Or if she realized she was at fault and tried to cover.  Or if she was just being a witch.

The one part about the live show that I loved was how after Trump said, "you're hired" the board room walls came down and the huge studio audience appeared. Very cool.

I was happy Trump picked Bill, and expected him to do so.

Kwame made poor judgment choosing Omarosa and letting her be in charge and ruin so much of the concert.

And while I think Bill was overchecking everything, I think it's better to be safe.  Kwame didn't double check anything, and everything went wrong.

I definitely think that Bill was much more sucessful at his task than Kwame was at his.

But truthfully I wanted Amy to win.  And apparently Trump has offered her a job.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 12:17:43 PM by Jennifer »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2004, 12:25:38 PM »

I wouldn't worry much, Mike.  

LOL, WFO.  You remind me of Leslie Nielsen's character in Airplane who kept coming into the cockpit saying, "I just want to wish you good luck and we're all counting on you."
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2004, 12:37:17 PM »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
and

Double Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I just tried to post and I was told I was not logged on (but William F. Orr was logged on, and when I tried to log on my password was not valid and I'm not sure of my password because the computer does it automatically and then I asked it to send me my password and it kept screwing me up with my Question and Flood Control and after five or six tries it sent my password to my home account so I had to reach my home account on the web and they sent me a new password not my old password and I had to log on again and change my profile back to my warm and fuzzy password which I can remember, and ... what was I trying to post?

Oh, does anyone know anything about the

New York Musical Theatre Festival next September?

Grrrrr!
--Wayland Flowers

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2004, 12:42:21 PM »

Phelps is the devil incarnate.  Apparently he believes he is above the Christian tenet of "Love Thy Neighbor" and disregards the notion that God loves all his/her children.  What evil is it that drives this semblance of a person to the antics for which he is infamous?
Phelps is part of the reason I've banned the cavalier use of the word "hate" from my vocabulary.  He's really worth studying, because of the clear rampaging joy he gets from that emotion.  Why he needs that adrenoline thrill is the sad part of the equation.

Given Phelps as an example, the use of the word "hate" in a sentence like "I hate broccoli" no longer seems appropriate.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2004, 12:45:11 PM »

LOL, WFO.  You remind me of Leslie Nielsen's character in Airplane who kept coming into the cockpit saying, "I just want to wish you good luck and we're all counting on you."

Well, of course I shouldn't have minimized the danger that DR MBarnum will BURN IN HELL!!!, I guess.
--Wayland Flowers

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2004, 12:52:52 PM »

Well we don't want a new all time low in posts.  So let's get cracking.

Jed

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2004, 12:56:28 PM »

We just got a security alert that the infamous Fred Phelps and his band from the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka Kansas will be protesting same-sex marriage out in from of my work (Justice Bldg/Supreme Court Bldg) on Monday. Lovely.

If you aren’t familiar with this group their website is www.godhatesfags.com
That should tell you all you need to know! I am gonna need some extra strong coffee for Monday morning I think! LOL!

Oy.  This loony brigade must be on a Northwest tour, as I believe they're headed to my hometown (recently getting lots of attention as home of the lesbian Methodist minister) next weekend.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2004, 12:56:54 PM »

I've decided that DR WFO has been deceiving us all along.  His real last name is Dionne, and the other four are evil.
Now listening to the delightful "You've Got Possibilities", I get mad at Jason Graae for changing the genders on his BK-produced album.  It would be the perfect theme for "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy".
Maybe they'll use Graae's release for the gender-bender version of Queer Eye.  No, seriously, the producers of the original planning on a show where they remake women.  (Like we haven't been doing that for ages!   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2004, 01:00:01 PM »

But truthfully I wanted Amy to win.  And apparently Trump has offered her a job.

Yep, I was hoping that it would come down to Amy and Troy, but he began to rub me the wrong way during the last couple of episodes.  And as for Amy, there was an interesting op-ed column in the Philadelphia Inquirer this week that averted that she got a raw, sexist deal during the interviews.  Here's a link to the article.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2004, 01:00:05 PM »

Interesting news in my neighborhood.  On Tuesday they opened a Krispy Kreme chain (a five minute drive away).  This chain is just starting here.  And I am dying to eat their donuts.  The last time I got a dozen, I almost ate the whole box. :)

Does anyone know what kinds they make?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2004, 01:00:20 PM »

Now that inspires a Topic of Discussion, it does.  What If:  Jerry Herman had written the score to the Atlanta-rape-murder-lynching musical Parade?
Goodbye, Leo!
Well, goodbye, Leo!
It's so nice to have you strung where you belong!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2004, 01:05:47 PM »

That MURDER BY DEATH is one funny movie, especially if you are a big mystery nut and love the detectives that Simon is parodying. If he could have come up with a really smash ending, it would have been a perfect comedy film. As it is, it's still pretty wonderful.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2004, 01:07:59 PM »

Hey DR Dan: Could you email me that article about Amy?

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2004, 01:11:10 PM »

Krispy Kreme originated in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and they are all over the Carolinas. There is one just a couple of miles from my house.

What kinds? They make all kinds!

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2004, 01:16:06 PM »

http://www.krispykreme.com/varieties.html

Well clearly I should not be looking at this while I am starving.

For some reason I think the restaurants in Montreal do NOT serve all these kinds.

I'm pretty sure they only have a few choices (which is why I asked).

I will definitely report back after I go there. Although I'm waiting till my sister comes over with her hubby (so they can eat some).  My mom has some coupons for 2 free dozens.  So hopefully I can use those!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2004, 01:17:48 PM »

LOL WEL

http://www.eaglerock-is.com/ilovelucy/ep.asp?e=175

Desilu was one of the backers of the original MOST HAPPY FELLA!  And even though the Ricardos and Mertzes saw a 2 act show, TMHF is actually a three act show!  LOL

Anne Francis, I didn't know that she was on last night...grrrrrrrrr.

I saw Ms Francis play M'Lynn in a production of STEEL MAGNOLIAS in Chicago many years ago....and during her final monolog...there was NOT a dry eye in the house....strong men wept.  She looked and sounded marvelous.  And if I could have, I would have sent her a golden thimble backstage!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Robin

« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2004, 01:21:28 PM »

Topic of the Day...the Weekly Media Check!

On deeveedee:
Lotsa Judy Garland, and Shanghai Knights.

In the CD player:
The Core, soundtrack by Christopher Young
Erich Wolfgang Korngold: Piano Quintet, Op. 15/String Quartet #2, Op. 26
Suites and Themes by Vic Mizzy.

In the VHS player:
Last night's episode of Penn & Teller: Bullshit!

What I'm reading:
The People of the Mist by H. Rider Haggard

My next snack:
Green seedless grapes....mmmmmmmm....grapes.....
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2004, 01:31:55 PM »

I agree about Anne Francis last night. She was excellent on WITHOUT A TRACE. Still looks lovely and was very touching. The show was a little different last night focusing on more personal stories to two of the FBI agents rather than their looking for missing strangers. I think I like the more clinical approach to this kind of story, but every once and awhile it's OK to let us see a little behind the demeanors of these hardened agents.

Jed

« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2004, 01:32:48 PM »

Media check...

DVD - empty
VCR - some old Quantum Leap episodes
CDs - Myths and Hymns; The Wild Party (LaChiusa); Blood, Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits; The Stranger - Billy Joel
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up