Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: GAILY-COLORED EASTER EGGS  (Read 37784 times)

Ginny

Re:GAILY-COLORED EASTER EGGS
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2007, 12:44:29 PM »

I love jello. I would love your eggs.  Ok, I admit it. I think loving jello is a genetic thing when your from the midwest

DR Cillaliz - I also have a mold shaped like the 48 contiguous states, with state boundaries outlined.  We'll save Iowa for you!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2007, 12:45:41 PM »

DR Cillaliz - we've had good luck getting TV series from Netflix.  And don't forget your public library!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2007, 12:46:29 PM »

Well, my company should be arriving anytime.

Bye for now!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2007, 01:05:22 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?   You'd think it was Easter Sunday or something.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2007, 01:32:57 PM »

Feel-better vibes to DR George!

These things will pass, DR GEORGE.
;)

Thanks FJL and JRand!  Actually, I'm feeling MUCH better this morning. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2007, 01:43:43 PM »

Congratulations on BK finishing his new book!! ;D Can't wait for it to actually be published!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2007, 01:44:39 PM »

RENO 911! has a new episode at 10:30, DR George!

My DVR is set to record the series!!  Thanks for the reminder, though. :)

George

« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2007, 01:50:33 PM »

http://www.kajagoogoo.com/

More than you ever wanted to know!

But did you notice, "Site Last Updated : 25th July, 2005" ::)

George

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2007, 01:51:50 PM »

Last night, Jose and Singdaw were having a discussion about the song "The Hills of Tomorrow" from Sondheim's Merrily We Roll Along.  I'm pretty sure that I have (buried in a box downstairs) the published choral arrangement of the whole song.  It has the middle section that was not recorded...if I remember correctly.  It has a piano part, but it's optional.  It's supposed to be sung a cappella.  If anyone wants it, I can try to dig it out.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:11:39 PM by George »

George

« Reply #159 on: April 08, 2007, 01:55:19 PM »

Hmmmm free for all day:

Has anyone from HHW ever appeared on a television game show?  What was it like?  Did you win any prizes?

I haven't been on a game show, but a woman that works in my building has a daughter who went on Wheel of Fortune recently and I guess did very well!  Her daughter is in college and it was a college kids special week.  The episode hasn't aired, yet!  It's going to be broadcast April 16.  I have to usher that night, so I'll have my DVR set to record it.

George

« Reply #160 on: April 08, 2007, 01:57:57 PM »

George-I hope you are feeling better before your family gathering.

Thanks, Jane.  I feel like I'm getting better and better as the day goes on. :)

George

« Reply #161 on: April 08, 2007, 02:05:32 PM »

Aw, Thanks.  And it really has been great fun being a part of it all.

As for what's coming next, well, I had mentioned that I'm being considered for a few projects.  I am a little superstitious, but not that superstitious, so I shall leave with you three "clues" to the three projects that I'm up for:

1) "Little Lamb"

2) "...Again.."

3) "Under the sea"

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Good luck on any of these!!  Do you have a preference for any over the others?  What other factors influence that preference?  The show itself?  The actors? ::)

George

« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2007, 02:07:30 PM »

DR Cillaliz - we've had good luck getting TV series from Netflix.  And don't forget your public library!

Yes!  And if your local library doesn't have it, they may be able to get it through Interlibrary Loan! :smile:

George

« Reply #163 on: April 08, 2007, 02:07:54 PM »

George

« Reply #164 on: April 08, 2007, 02:08:58 PM »

***STOMACH VIBES*** to DR George.

But you don't have to give us any further details...   :)

Ask and you shall NOT receive!!

:wink:

George

« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2007, 02:09:20 PM »

I am my own frenzy!!

singdaw

« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2007, 02:12:14 PM »

I have (buried in a box downstairs) the published choral arrangement of the whole song.  It has the middle section that was not recorded...if I remember correctly.  It has a piano part, but it's optional.  It's supposed to be sung a cappella.  If anyone wants it, I can try to dig it out.

DR George.  Interesting!  If you can find it - easily - I'd be interested in seeing it, but I don't want to put you to any inconvenience.  Since our discussion last night, I found that there is a published version in the "All Sondheim", volume 3 [the red one] which has the music and lyrics of that middle section, but only arranged as a solo, without all the voice parts.  I suppose if you distributed the piano reduction/accompaniment chorally, it might work.

George

« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2007, 02:14:13 PM »

I have the vocal score and vocal sections to the show.  Otherwise, it's not difficult looking through the boxes that I have, it's just that I have a lot of boxes.  If you can wait, I can look through them over the next few days and see what I find.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:14:38 PM by George »

singdaw

« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2007, 02:14:16 PM »

For those who have experience with this, how does getting a box set of a whole season of a television show through Netflix work.  Do they send you the whole season at a time, or just one disc of a box set at a time?  

How about at a library?

singdaw

« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2007, 02:15:25 PM »

If you can wait

I have all the time in the world!    :)

George

« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2007, 02:18:50 PM »

Netflix usually has each disc as it's own selection.  You can select "Add All" and all of the discs in the series will be added to your queue at once, but you'll get them one at a time.

George

« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2007, 02:23:39 PM »

The library where I work at has TV series' seasons packaged together.  It makes much more sense to do it that way than splitting them up because (for a library which gets its money from taxes) it takes practially the same amount of time and money to process and package each individual disc, as it does to do a whole series at once in one package.  And the patrons have shown a strong preference for getting TV seasons together instead of one disc at time.  I would hope that most other libraries have the same policy.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:24:21 PM by George »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2007, 02:25:38 PM »

It's funny, when we read of these lovely and large New York hainsies/kimlets gatherings, and then we read of the rather ill-attended West Coast gatherings, you realize just how few hainsies/kimlets there are out here.  Basically, it's me, it's Cason, and it's Miss Patti.  Miss PennyO is always off somewhere or becoming a Dr. of something, and that's about it.  I do think we have a LOT of West Coast lurkers, but that's not the same.  Of course, Pogue moved to Lubbock or wherever the HELL he lives now, and others have come and gone.  We'll have to see what we can do about that.

Yes! Quite right!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2007, 02:31:50 PM »

DR SINGDAW,

I believe you said you finished reading Kritzerland. So you're about to start Kritzer Time? Or you meant that you finished the trilogy?

(We do look out for out newbies, even when they're already Gods.)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2007, 02:33:04 PM »

Will we never get to page five?

No worries.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

singdaw

« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2007, 02:35:16 PM »

"Do Not Swallow Jell-O Eggs Whole"

For some reason, that struck me hilariously funny.

Those jello-chuggers have caused very serious incidents, let me tell you.

George

« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2007, 02:39:12 PM »

Well, I must be off.  It's time to shower and go to my parents' house.  Have a Happy Easter (if it's not too late ;)) everyone!

;D

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2007, 02:40:14 PM »

Interesting television stories!

I am watching HOCKEY in HDTV!!

Thanks for the TAR info, DR MATTH.  Will it look BETTER on the HD channel or just the same?  So material must have been created in some HD format in order to be broadcast in HD?  Kind of like why would something made in b/w be in color on a color television?  Right?

I think all sports look superb in high def. I've watched things like baseball and boxing and hockey that wouldn't normally draw my attention, but in high def, it's like another dimension has been added. Really kind of hypnotic.

Now, to answer your question, no, programs shot in standard definition can be upconverted to high def. You'll see a lot of old LAW & ORDER episodes on TNT-HD that weren't originally shot lin HD ook almost as good as the more recent ones shot in HD.

Of course, since film has a higher resolution than high definition video, any film can be transferred into a high definition version in the transfer process. In fact, when you buy certain DVDs, you'll see the transfer referred to in the liner notes as a high definition transfer. This transfer is then down converted to standard definition DVDs so they can be read by all players, but it means there is a high definition master ready to be used to press high def DVDs when the demand arises.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:43:19 PM by Matt H. »

singdaw

« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2007, 02:40:27 PM »

I believe you said you finished reading Kritzerland. So you're about to start Kritzer Time? Or you meant that you finished the trilogy?

Thanks, DR Jeanne -

Yes, I finished the second volume last evening and am now a few pages into the third.  I am enjoying them immensely.  bk balances so delicately between whimsy, melancholy, the absurd, and heartbrake - the whole is surprisingly moving.  I would think especially for folks who have always been a bit on the periphery of the whole adolescent scene.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2007, 02:45:52 PM »

BTW, I did flip over to ABC last night and saw they they did not broadcast THE TEN COMMANDMENTS in HD. It wasn't even the Vistavision version but rather a pan and scan abomination that they've been showing for decades. Yuck!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up