Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER  (Read 26864 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER
« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2007, 08:02:37 PM »

Back to work and healing vibes for Danise!

'night

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: December 10, 2007, 08:03:02 PM »

Elmore, what did you do for Ashley Brown?  

"Feed the Birds" and "Our time"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #272 on: December 10, 2007, 08:05:58 PM »

For a brief moment, there, I totally thought you were talking about a "pickup"!

Our DR Jose doesn't take freebies.  He gives them.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #273 on: December 10, 2007, 08:06:55 PM »

FromCilla:Best Wishes it works out & you really find the perfect assistant!

Thanks Jane.  I offered Martha (different Martha than I've ever talked about- I really need to assign them numbers) the job this morning and she said yes.  She's going to start January 7th. It was too big a pain to do all the employee tax stuff for a couple weeks in 2007.   She'll start at 15 hours a week - 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM.  She has another part time job in the afternoon, but is hoping mine will go to full time fairly quickly.   I hope so too.   She has all the skills that my last assistant didn't plus she is also fluent in Spanish.   She's got experience and is great to be around.  She has been wanting to work for me for a long time. I think she's stopped in about 5 times and her current employer (who is going to Louisiana to get married and start a new life) speaks very highly about her.

I'm glad. It will make things a lot easier for me.  There is so much paperwork to do with fee claims etc. They take forever and are a pain in the butt.  She's been doing them for years and will probably fly right through them.   This will work.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #274 on: December 10, 2007, 08:08:08 PM »

That sounds good, Cillaliz.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #275 on: December 10, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »

"Feed the Birds" and "Our time"

A medley, one presumes.  
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #276 on: December 10, 2007, 08:18:53 PM »

Thanks Jane.  I offered Martha (different Martha than I've ever talked about- I really need to assign them numbers) the job this morning and she said yes.  She's going to start January 7th. It was too big a pain to do all the employee tax stuff for a couple weeks in 2007.   She'll start at 15 hours a week - 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM.  She has another part time job in the afternoon, but is hoping mine will go to full time fairly quickly.   I hope so too.   She has all the skills that my last assistant didn't plus she is also fluent in Spanish.   She's got experience and is great to be around.  She has been wanting to work for me for a long time. I think she's stopped in about 5 times and her current employer (who is going to Louisiana to get married and start a new life) speaks very highly about her.

I'm glad. It will make things a lot easier for me.  There is so much paperwork to do with fee claims etc. They take forever and are a pain in the butt.  She's been doing them for years and will probably fly right through them.   This will work.

That's great news!  Good luck!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #277 on: December 10, 2007, 08:22:32 PM »

Maybe not all of us want the lurkers to be able to access the video.

I absolutely do NOT want any lurkers to access the video. The guy who compressed it and posted did me a HUGE favor---they usually charge quite a bit, and the folks who own the server don't know it's up there. I don't want too many hits sending off red flags. I will be taking it down in a week, so any of our regulars who want to download the quicktime from the link, act now!

A lurker CAN ask for a DVD, but I may ask to be reimbursed for expenses, because although 5 or 6 bucks doesn't seem like enough $ to bother with, and it seems stupid to even ask, it does add up quickly, and there are more expenses than just postage (itunes, DVD stock, sleeves and padded envelopes etc.) And it's time consuming to burn DVD's (as George knows!)

So far everyone who has asked I consider a friend and am happy to dub and send to them because most of them have done favors for me in the past and I'm glad to be able to do something in return.

If anyone wants to download it and has the ability to host it somewhere else, that would solve that problem, although I think DR Laura makes a very valid point, and bk should make the ultimate decision about how far he wants it to travel, since it's his bd gift!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #278 on: December 10, 2007, 08:23:03 PM »

As for "Lost" in February...

Well, since the WGA strike is still going on, you may have to wait until until February 2009(!) before any new episodes are broadcast.  :-\

8 have been filmed thus far (which was half of the planned 16 episode fourth season). As far as I know, ABC plans to show those.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #279 on: December 10, 2007, 08:24:05 PM »

DR elmore - Do you want to meet up for dinner tomorrow before the concert?
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #280 on: December 10, 2007, 08:25:51 PM »

I thought you posted the link on your post on the last page, Edisaurus. I didn't realize that was just a photo.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2007, 08:25:57 PM »

A medley, one presumes.  

Two different numbers.

Matt H.

« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2007, 08:26:01 PM »

I did finish the last four episodes of LOST. Besides the exciting action and wonderful surprises these final episodes contained, they were also unexpectedly moving in many ways. What a joy this show is!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:27:05 PM by Matt H. »

Cillaliz

« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2007, 08:27:27 PM »

Boo is snoring while sitting on my lap. Don't think I've heard her snore before

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2007, 08:27:33 PM »

DR elmore - Do you want to meet up for dinner tomorrow before the concert?

I would love to, but it all depends on what time I get back from the dress rehearsal.

Matt H.

« Reply #285 on: December 10, 2007, 08:28:12 PM »

Next, I began watching the bonus features on the seventh disc in the set. I've watched four different selections, and they've all been anamorphic. Kudos to ABC for this.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #286 on: December 10, 2007, 08:28:20 PM »

I would love to, but it all depends on what time I get back from the dress rehearsal.

Gotcha.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #287 on: December 10, 2007, 08:30:19 PM »

I watched today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. No gay characters. Alas. Not in the previews either.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: December 10, 2007, 08:32:10 PM »

BK - I use iChat from time to time.  Anything in particular you have a question about?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #289 on: December 10, 2007, 08:32:14 PM »

JOURNEYMAN was wonderful tonight. And there's a new episode next week! Hooray!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #290 on: December 10, 2007, 08:41:26 PM »

JOURNEYMAN was wonderful tonight. And there's a new episode next week! Hooray!

I really like this show, too...I'd better start watching it, though.  I have several episodes on my DVR.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2007, 08:46:09 PM »

We're supposed to get another 3-4 inches of snow tonight...at least it isn't ice. Mom told me my sister has no power in Joplin...which means jhvw has no power.

Cillaliz

« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2007, 08:47:06 PM »

With all the ice storms this year, I am very glad I cut down the rotten trees this year.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #293 on: December 10, 2007, 08:47:52 PM »

Some political incorrectness of my own for FJL to take out of context department  ;D:     I know this will probably offend some, but I find it divine justice of some sort that what started this whole (admittedly horrible) shooting spree at Ted Haggard's former church was the church not allowing the homeless (yet armed) man to stay there during a storm.  "No room at the inn," indeed.

Seems there is a bit more complexity to the tale:

ASSOCIATED PRESS

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. —  The gunman believed to have killed four people in a pair of shooting sprees at a megachurch in Colorado Springs and a missionary training school near Denver had been thrown out of the missionary school a few years ago and had been sending it hate mail, police said in court papers Monday.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

« Reply #294 on: December 10, 2007, 08:48:49 PM »

I thought you posted the link on your post on the last page, Edisaurus. I didn't realize that was just a photo.

LOL! No, I'm glad you posted your comment so I could let people know they need to look quick!

The cover file is posted in case anyone wants my medicore attempt at cover art. I realized it would be a lot easier than emailing every time someone asked for it. I didn't make cases with covers because my slimline cases easily break in shipping. People can print this out if they want, and I don't have to go to Kinkos to use their fancy paper trimmer. Yay!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #295 on: December 10, 2007, 08:49:50 PM »

Boo is snoring while sitting on my lap. Don't think I've heard her snore before

My big love cat snores---has since he was little. Sometimes we snore in synch with him---sounds pretty funny!

Cillaliz

« Reply #296 on: December 10, 2007, 08:50:51 PM »

The ice storm is supposed to hit just a couple counties south of here. Yikes, I hope it doesn't get this far north

Edisaurus

« Reply #297 on: December 10, 2007, 08:52:33 PM »

Re: ichat---our mixer for S&V had the great idea to use it since Peter was in NY and I was in the session in Atlanta. He trained the camera to the video screen so Peter could see picture for what he was mixing, and comment.

Unfortunately, the audio wasn't good enough for him to hear and critique, so in hte end he just left it up to me. But I still like the idea!

Edisaurus

« Reply #298 on: December 10, 2007, 08:52:52 PM »

Not to gloat, but it's like summer here!

Cillaliz

« Reply #299 on: December 10, 2007, 08:54:20 PM »

Dakota, I don't think you overreacted. I must say I was deeply hurt when the people I worked with for a number of years didn't acknowledge that I was leaving. I know it was a different situation, but it did hurt. I think sometimes people are so caught up in the dramas of their own life and their own "world" so to speak, that they don't think of reaching out to someone else with a kind word.  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up