Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PLANETS  (Read 22218 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE PLANETS
« Reply #270 on: January 29, 2009, 08:54:43 PM »

If it isn't too late, break a leg vibes to TCB ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #271 on: January 29, 2009, 09:01:34 PM »

... army fatigues, bandanas...

Garb of choice for revolutionaries/terrorists in training :)

Was your handle "Chesaurus"?

der Brucer

Garb of choice for poor college students. Used fatigues from Hodge Army/Navy Store: $1.50 and already broken in for you!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #272 on: January 29, 2009, 09:04:16 PM »

Good Evening!

Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #273 on: January 29, 2009, 09:04:25 PM »

Finished with my viewing for the evening, although it's pretty early, so maybe I'll watch an episode of something or other.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2009, 09:06:05 PM »

So... Another great day of auditions, final callbacks actually.  Good people, good songs, good will all around.  The "table" actually applauded after each audition, and the reaction was genuine and heartfelt.  I even received "exit applause" at the end of the day.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2009, 09:06:53 PM »

The movie I just finished was, for me, horrible.  I think some people here loved it, and I know it was something of a critics' darling, but boy I did not laugh once in this purported comedy, and the reasons for it all had to do with its smart-ass attitude and lazy comedy writing - lines that I'm sure were hilarious to the writers but make the characters into complete caricatures, and once you do that, I'm done.  They want you to root ala School Of Rock, only School Of Rock gets it right and this movie, which tries to have all worlds (especially that of Christopher Guest) gets it all wrong.  Can anyone guess the film?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2009, 09:10:04 PM »

I believe we may have discussed this on the Old Old Board (if you catch my drift), but those of us who ordered the OCR of Golden Rainbow from Steve and Eydie's personal site were then privy to an absolutely hilarious barrage of emails from their manager to Don Ho's manager for a supposed co-starring gig in Hawaii.  It went on for some time before someone finally figured out it was being broadcast to the world.  Steve & Eydie didn't want second billing to Don Ho, let's just put it that way.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #277 on: January 29, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »

A Time for Singing?  PLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEE.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #278 on: January 29, 2009, 09:11:44 PM »

I met up with some friends at 5 Napkin Burger for dinner.  Strangely enough, none of us at the table had a burger for dinner.  Well, I guess I did, but it was Pork/Chorizo burger with manchego cheese and a romesco hummus.  Quite tasty.

To start off, we shared a plate of their Deep-Fried Pickle and Pastrami Bites.  Another surprisingly tasty culinary concoction.  They roll slices of pastrami around bits of housemade bread & butter pickles, then coat them in a tempura-like batter for frying. They were served on a bed of sauerkraut with dabs of coarse mustard.  Yum!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #279 on: January 29, 2009, 09:13:25 PM »

time for me to go to sleep. This morning started at 5:45 AM and I have another long day tomorrow.

Night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #280 on: January 29, 2009, 09:16:36 PM »

While we were dining, we happened to run into Graham Rowat, Kate Baldwin, and another old fried of mine from DC, Jim Ferris.  Graham and Kate were in the San Fran run of White Christmas, and Graham is currently in tech for the Guys & Dolls revival.  They just happened to be dining there tonight too - along with a slew of other "Broadway Babies".  Good times.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #281 on: January 29, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »

And my day finished with a recording session at Riverside Church.  My friend, Glenn, wanted to record three songs, three arias for an audition tape. Considering that I was basically sight-reading the three selections, and that my Classical chops haven't been used in a while, it all went quite smoothly.  Glenn listened to the playbacks.  I didn't.  I knew that if I did, I would start to here "everything", and since I was at the end of long day, that was the last thing I needed to do, to deal with. However, Glenn seemed happy with what he was hearing, and the engineer also had good things to say.

Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #282 on: January 29, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »

DR vixmom - I have a feeling your recovery period will be much shorter than normal.  It's just a feeling I have.  Just rest and recuperate.  We know you're there, just like you know that we are here. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #283 on: January 29, 2009, 09:24:37 PM »

I would love to release A Time For Singing and have been trying to do so for years - Warners is a tough nut to crack.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: January 29, 2009, 09:24:56 PM »

DR MBarnum - Your new doctor has good taste.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2009, 09:26:32 PM »

I'm happy to see that the film I watched tonight was a complete and utter box-office dud.  Of course, it was shown at Sundance and had a bidding war and the company that distributed the film paid an almost record sum for something at Sundance, almost as much as Little Miss Sunshine.  Oops.  They lost every cent of their investment, once one factors in prints and advertising.

JMK

« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2009, 09:30:48 PM »

I had to go back to see if you had said Broadway or not--so, my next guess is:

PHILEMON

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2009, 09:34:07 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Thanks for the trial report.  -Just how long did you end up deliberating?  And did the court treat you guys to the lunch at Le Cheval?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2009, 09:36:41 PM »

Well... My eyes are still "recovering" from sitting under some rather bright fluorescent lights today in the audition studio, so... And then having to read those three opera arias tonight... Well... I got some tired eyes right now.  I shall continue to catch up in the morning.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2009, 09:37:18 PM »

Philemon may come at some point, but this is not the point.  And it is Broadway.

JMK

« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2009, 09:44:56 PM »

Philemon may come at some point, but this is not the point.  And it is Broadway.

ANYA
CRY FOR US ALL
DONNYBROOK

I'm running out of shows.  ;)

JMK

« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »

WEHT DRG's Illya, Darling, BTW?

(an acronym laden post)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Thanks for the trial report.  -Just how long did you end up deliberating?  And did the court treat you guys to the lunch at Le Cheval?

We heard summations yesterday before lunch.  The Court assigned three deputies to walk us over to the restaurant and we were given a menu from which we could order whatever we wanted. The meal was courtesy of the Superior Court (i.e., the taxpayers}  We began deliberations at 1:30 p.m. yesterday.  We voted on the second and third counts yesterday and found we were all in agreement.

We then began discussing the complexities of the first count with its three sub-counts  (varying degrees of battery).  We all realized early on that if we believed the defendant acted in self-defense on any one count, we had to go with self-defense on all the counts.  We took a preliminary vote at the end of the day and found we were 11 for not guilty and one for guilty.  The holdout said she needed to hear the actual transcript of the defendant's explanation of what happened when he pushed his wife and she fell on the floor.    We were told we could have that this morning and we were done for the day at that point.  First thing this morning, the transcriber read all the accounts from the defendant.  We discussed it some more and began voting.  We were unanimous on each vote for each of the counts. 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2009, 09:59:48 PM »

Could it be that musical version of "Breakfast at Tiffany's"?  (I have no recall of its being legitimately issued on CD)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Tomovoz

« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2009, 10:15:34 PM »

"Cry For Us All"?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #295 on: January 29, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »

OH!  DR JMK has been there.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #296 on: January 29, 2009, 10:21:04 PM »

I do have the best of Donny Brooks on CD but that's not quite the same thing. 
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #297 on: January 29, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »

Can you say what year...or at least what decade in which it was written?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:41:19 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2009, 10:48:38 PM »

Gratuitous Post #298!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2009, 10:48:55 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up