Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BUGGED BK  (Read 12263 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE BUGGED BK
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2010, 04:14:08 PM »

I'm trying to get used to my little notebook computer again so I can take it on my trip.  The Keyboard is smaller, so lots more typos

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2010, 04:14:14 PM »

So, if I were lying on Ducky's table in the NCIS morgue, he now could identify me through the serial number on the device that was inserted into my artery on Wednesday.  And I have an ID card to prove it.

OH GINNY!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!

Guess I will laugh!

Laughing is good. ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »

Better go, we have a severe thunderstorm watch and a thunderstorm is moving this way....I'll be back later

Jane

« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2010, 04:15:53 PM »

DR Ginny.  Do you mind my asking what your symptoms were?  It must have been very scary at the time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »

I had to manually add my friend list to the event - I must not have done that when I first did it - I'm trying to figure out what I did that I need to do differently next time.  Also, I had to manually check my entire friends list - there must be a select all somewhere but I sure didn't see it.

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »

How are you feeling, Ginny?  You always have had a fabulous attitude.  Wish I could be a spositive as you are.

Well, DR Cillaliz, as Dr. Jain (not DR Jane) promised me, I'm very tired.  We're about to eat a veggie pizza for dinner, after which I will take a shower and get ready for bed.  The longest stretch of sleep I had in the hospital was 4.5 hours on Thursday night, so I'm feeling somewhat sleep-deprived.  And, I'm a little shaky - something we found out when I tried to take photos of the flowers I'd received.  Rob had to re-take them for me.    Also, I have spectacular bruising from the caths, the IVs, and all the blood tests.  Not painful, except when the nurses and docs pressed on them to check for hematoma, but enough to keep me away from my mother for a while.  She's cried enough this week.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2010, 04:30:11 PM »

DR Ginny.  Do you mind my asking what your symptoms were?  It must have been very scary at the time.

DR Jane - first my face hurt, like when you have a sinus infection, but it came on suddenly.  Almost instantly after that, I began to feel the pressure in the middle of my chest, a GERD-like knot at the base of my throat, and a threadiness to my voice.  When I looked back to the weekend and Monday, I'd had hot flashes (and I'm wa-a-a-ay beyond those...) that I'd blamed on that steroid shot I'd had the previous Friday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »

So, Ginny, I guess breakfast is oatmeal from now on.

We know you are on blood thinning meds, so I take it it was not a blood clot. Was it a cholesterol blockage?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 04:39:43 PM by Laura »
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »

I have spectacular bruising from the caths, the IVs, and all the blood tests. 

Hah, a likely story; we've all seen the truth on TV shows - we know spousal abuse when we read about it - and how you poor women make  excuses for your husbands.

der Brucer

Helpful Hint - avoid wearing bathing suits in public; stick with long sleeved blouses. Buy Richard "I Din't Do It - HONEST" T Shirt.
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »

Oh, she can do better than that.

Fresh squeezed Orange Juice
Poached egg on whole wheat toast
Fresh Melon and Berry salad dressed with non-fat Pomegranate Yogurt:

Hot Tea with a Bran Muffin

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2010, 05:03:58 PM »

DR Ginny hugs & vibes of comfort for your mother!!!

Ginny

« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane (not Dr. Jain)

Jane

« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2010, 05:08:09 PM »

DR Jane - first my face hurt, like when you have a sinus infection, but it came on suddenly.  Almost instantly after that, I began to feel the pressure in the middle of my chest, a GERD-like knot at the base of my throat, and a threadiness to my voice.  When I looked back to the weekend and Monday, I'd had hot flashes (and I'm wa-a-a-ay beyond those...) that I'd blamed on that steroid shot I'd had the previous Friday.

I wonder if the breathing problems you had been experiencing were connected.

I've often read different symptoms of a heart attack & wonder how the heck will I know the difference.  This is a perfect example.  Did you know to request an ambulance or did someone else call?

DERBRUCER

« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2010, 05:08:28 PM »

The longest stretch of sleep I had in the hospital was 4.5 hours

You luckey women with your camel bladders! Until they stopped the diuretics the longest I could last was 90 minutes!

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »

:)  You are welcome.  I feel bad I forgot to think about your mother during all of this. 

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2010, 05:17:35 PM »

I created a Facebook "event" for the Gardenia show - can someone please let me know that it's showing up - also, I put in the special logo we had done, but on my screen it's showing up as a negative image - it should have white lettering and for me the lettering is black - for the designer, it's showing up white.  Weird.

The logo shows up black for me... I can faintly read the text.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2010, 05:18:29 PM »

:)  You are welcome.  I feel bad I forgot to think about your mother during all of this. 

Well, she has always been a crier, but I guess she was a real basket case and there may be things that Richard, Rob, my sister and her daughter have not told me.  She was very glad to hear my voice on Thursday afternoon and kept it together pretty well.

Jane

« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2010, 05:20:02 PM »

I created a Facebook "event" for the Gardenia show - can someone please let me know that it's showing up - also, I put in the special logo we had done, but on my screen it's showing up as a negative image - it should have white lettering and for me the lettering is black - for the designer, it's showing up white.  Weird.

The logo shows up black for me... I can faintly read the text.

Even after you open the link?  It looks good to me.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2010, 05:21:35 PM »

Well, she has always been a crier, but I guess she was a real basket case and there may be things that Richard, Rob, my sister and her daughter have not told me.  She was very glad to hear my voice on Thursday afternoon and kept it together pretty well.

I'm the opposite.  I stay strong during the crisis & then fall apart. ;D  Good for her on Thursday afternoon. 

Edisaurus

« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »

DR Edi will there be any more showings of JEWS AND BASEBALL in Israel?  A friend was out of the country & missed it.  She wants to see it.  She grew up in the States.  We were good friends in elementary school until she moved away to Palm Springs in 5th grade.  Back then that seemed far away and I didn't see her again for about 40 years.  We had an amazing reunion.

Nothing scheduled yet but maybe after it's released theatrically it will make its way there...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »

Edi I'm sure you will let me know :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2010, 05:23:41 PM »

I had to manually add my friend list to the event - I must not have done that when I first did it - I'm trying to figure out what I did that I need to do differently next time.  Also, I had to manually check my entire friends list - there must be a select all somewhere but I sure didn't see it.

I had to do the same thing to invite friends to our J and B page.

Edisaurus

« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2010, 05:29:40 PM »

I have no idea if this event thing posted correctly.  It's on my profile page but I don't see it anywhere else.

When I type in "Gardenia" and the list of suggestions with corresponding icons appears, I can see the logo correctly but when I go to the page it's just black. Hmmmmm. What kind of file is the logo?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2010, 05:59:58 PM »

Happy Birthday DR DB

Welcome Home to DR Ginny. 

Camps are all over.  Off to the Cheesecake Factory for celebration dinner

Ginny

« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2010, 06:03:46 PM »

We know you are on blood thinning meds, so I take it it was not a blood clot. Was it a cholesterol blockage?

Well, not every morning, but definitely more often than before.  Yes, DR Laura, they'd done a CAT scan of my chest to rule out blood clots before they took me into the cath lab.  The blockage was the famous plaque that you hear about on TV and I'm taking Plavix, so I expect to start seeing that gurney following me around town any day now.

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2010, 06:04:43 PM »

Thank you, DR Matthew - and congratulations on the camp completion.  Eat a piece of cheesecake for me; I used to like Dulce de Leche.

Laura

« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »

(I don't see the ads for Plavix.) Were you already on Plavix?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2010, 06:10:18 PM »

Nope, no Plavix before, but now for sure.  Has something to do with the stent and not wanting plaque to build up around it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2010, 06:11:40 PM »

All the Mexican places around my neighborhood have vanished, so Chris and I went wandering over on 72nd and Columbus for a place for dinner. We ended up at a Mexican place at 77th called Cafe Frida. He had a chicken taco that was out of this world, and I had so-so enchiladas. What was spectacular was the guacamole and a peculiar hibiscus margarita with pomegranate juice.

I'm about ready for bed. We'll see what crap the Oaf pulls tonight, if any.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2010, 06:13:28 PM »

DR Ginny I know lots of people who have had heart attacks, stents, etc who have taken care of themselves and are in better condition & healthier today, many years later from the original date they were rushed to the hospital.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up