Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: GUBMUH HAB  (Read 36755 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: GUBMUH HAB
« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2008, 08:11:50 PM »

...Although, since I did pick up a Chocolate Covered(!) Lemon Bar and a Chocolate-Dipped Apricot Linzer Cookie from Something Sweet...

...And a Vegan Red Velvet Cupcake from Pinisi Bakery...

...And a Chocolate Chip and Gingerbread Cookie from birdbath/City Bakery...

Well...

*And, believe it or not, all said baked goods made it home intact, and they only thing consumed so far has been the Marshmallow-Chocolate Chip-Cornflake Cookie.  -I actually found myself buying things tonight mainly for photographic purposes.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #361 on: December 20, 2008, 08:13:53 PM »

bk - Glad to know your OK.

*And I'd highly advise you to refrain from mentioning anything else about this incident on this here site.  If he is a CPA and has some other legal connections, god knows, he's probably already Google'd you to gather "character evidence" about you.  Spite and "threats" never work well in court.

**And isn't it normally best NOT to admit or put the blame on anyone at the sight of an accident?

In any case, I wish you well.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #362 on: December 20, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »

DR singdaw - What time is the service?  And how close to the train station is your church?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #363 on: December 20, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »

Had it. Gave it away.

That is the title of my memoirs.

;D

*Just as long as I get mentioned in the Acknowledgements/Thank You's.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #364 on: December 20, 2008, 08:19:17 PM »

Quote of the night from the weather   "tomorrow we're only warming up to negative one and winter doesn't start until tomorrow"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #365 on: December 20, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »

Oh...

And after my Pumpkin Horchata, Steamed Pork Buns, and Bouchot Mussels (w/Miso Garlic Sausage, Black Kale, Fennel and Red Chili Pepper), I thoroughly enjoyed a "twist" of Quince and Smoked(!) Maple Soft Serve Ice Cream.

Momofuku Noodle Bar
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #366 on: December 20, 2008, 08:22:43 PM »

bk - Glad to know your OK.

*And I'd highly advise you to refrain from mentioning anything else about this incident on this here site.  If he is a CPA and has some other legal connections, god knows, he's probably already Google'd you to gather "character evidence" about you.  Spite and "threats" never work well in court.

**And isn't it normally best NOT to admit or put the blame on anyone at the sight of an accident?

In any case, I wish you well.

And remember, I'm not a lawyer.... And I don't pretend to play one on the internet, so....

DR Cillaliz?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #367 on: December 20, 2008, 08:26:55 PM »

Oh, my, for the second night in a row, I'm finished with my internet surfing before 11:30. Guess I'll go downstairs and get ready for bed.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #368 on: December 20, 2008, 08:28:12 PM »

Glad you weren't hurt Bruce & hopefully you will never hear from the guy.

Jane

« Reply #369 on: December 20, 2008, 08:33:11 PM »

Thank you DRs Cilla, TCB,JRand, Singdaw, Druxy,George & elmore.

Jane

« Reply #370 on: December 20, 2008, 08:36:36 PM »

the wedding cake

Jane

« Reply #371 on: December 20, 2008, 08:39:19 PM »

Signing the marriage certificate :)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #372 on: December 20, 2008, 09:00:20 PM »

beautiful pics, Jane!  Congratulations to the happy couple.

Maybe I missed it, but was there a reason that they decided on a small home wedding?

Jane

« Reply #373 on: December 20, 2008, 09:39:47 PM »

DR Ann, Ioana's family, basically her mother & stepfather, are in Romania so they wanted a small wedding.  They had planned to get married in Greece, with her family there, but the timing never worked & Craig still needs to find a job.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #374 on: December 20, 2008, 10:21:31 PM »

The worst that could happen is that my insurance company will have to settle with him, but I don't want to.  Also, neither he nor his son nor me nor my passenger was harmed in any way - it will be interesting to see if he goes down THAT road, what with being an attorney and all.

Good Luck! Insurance law is tricky - rarely is any driver held blameless for an accident at an intersection; the presumption is that every driver is responsible for assuring that the intersection is clear for passage. Regardless of the reasons, you surely can be charged with a failure to yield. I am amazed you left the scene without calling the police - and if the combined damge to your car and his is greater than $750 (which at today's prices is a scratched bumper) you must make a DMV report.

If you gathered no witness statements (your passanger doesn't count) it will be a "he said - she said" event. For your sake, I hope the other guy doesn't wake up tomorrow claiming whiplash.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #375 on: December 20, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »

I just watched a movie on my netbook from the Netflix watch it now (or whatever they call it) although the screen is very small it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I'm not going to mess with a viewer to watch them on my TV unless the selection gets better or I decide to watch them more often

DERBRUCER

« Reply #376 on: December 20, 2008, 10:23:21 PM »

the wedding cake

I presume Sherlock was chained to a bedpost or there'd be no cake :D

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #377 on: December 20, 2008, 10:30:11 PM »

Oh no, Sherlock was a very good boy.  He attempted to sniff the cake & we said "leave".  He almost shoved his nose in Ioana's bouquet-lol.  I'll have to post the funny photo of Craig's expression when Sherlock almost caught his tail on fire passing it through the flame of one of the candles.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #378 on: December 20, 2008, 10:33:11 PM »

Sherlock was a very good boy...

A present to his big brother Craig?

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #379 on: December 20, 2008, 10:36:02 PM »

Sherlock likes his big brother & sister and they enjoyed having Sherlock at the wedding since they are missing Yogi.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #380 on: December 20, 2008, 10:41:02 PM »

He attempted to sniff the cake & we said "leave". 

Well that won't work with Fletcher! When he is about to get into trouble he is not looking for hand signals.

der Brucer

He made off with a mouthful of chicken bones before I could stop him - which of course earned him the added treat of a soft dinner roll to help cushion the bone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #381 on: December 20, 2008, 10:47:24 PM »

He can claim whatever he likes, I suppose.  I'm insured.  And I'm sorry, I just visited the intersection - and since there was a car stopped in the left AND right lanes, it means he had to have come around them in a non-lane where cars park, in a clear attempt to try and get ahead of people - only he didn't understand that cars were STOPPED and he wasn't even in a LANE.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #382 on: December 20, 2008, 10:47:34 PM »

Back from seeing Milk.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #383 on: December 20, 2008, 10:48:10 PM »

Sherlock almost caught his tail on fire passing it through the flame of one of the candles.

I guess there is no"don't wag!" command.

der Brucer

Michael

« Reply #384 on: December 20, 2008, 10:55:15 PM »

For DR Matt Hough or anyone else who knows about Blu Ray

I was watching LOST (Disc 3). Turned it off and came back to it later. It would not load up. I tried another Blu Ray Disc and a DVD and the both worked, It thought my Lost discs somehow were defective so I exchanged them. Same thing I could load them. I then tried Mama Mia which worked yesterday, but today would not work.

I have the latest firm ware. I have turned off the machine. Turn it back on. It would not get past loading disc.

very strange. some work some don't.

any ideas? any suggestions?

What kind of player are you using, if you don't mind my asking? Some are crankier than others. (My PS3 has never given one second of trouble, and the Samsung 1500's latest firmware fixed the only problem I've ever had with it: not loading FOR YOUR EYES ONLY past the FBI warnings.)

The Blu-rays of LOST (and GREY'S ANATOMY) use that system that is supposed to keep track of which episodes you've watched and which you haven't. It's supposed to save your place when you stop before finishing a disc. The system worked flawlessly on both my players, so I really have no clue what's wrong.

Next time this happens, don't just try turning off the player. Try unplugging it and leaving it off for a bit. I'm not saying that will help, but it can't hurt, and it certainly reset my Toshiba HD-DVD player when I did that.

I have a Sony 300.

Lost and Mama Mia both worked earlier on my player. I took them over to a friend's player and they work. Tried two other  Blus --Mad Max 2 and 2001 They work. I tried regular DVD and they work. But when I put in Lost or Mamma  is will say loading in the upper left corner. I wait a while another happens and I press the top menu button, play flashes for a moment and then  the blue loading bar shows up at bottom of the screen and then just keeps on loading and loading
Never stop dreaming.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #385 on: December 20, 2008, 10:57:17 PM »

and since there was a car stopped in the left AND right lanes, it means he had to have come around them in a non-lane where cars park, in a clear attempt to try and get ahead of people - only he didn't understand that cars were STOPPED and he wasn't even in a LANE.

Might he have been intending to turn right (onto the same street you were headed for)?

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #386 on: December 20, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »

DR DB-lol

Off to pick DS Bryan's fiancee, Kate, up at the airport.  We think the road will be ok to drive up tonight.  Just in case I'm taking a flashlight.

Jane

« Reply #387 on: December 20, 2008, 11:02:49 PM »

'night

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #388 on: December 20, 2008, 11:11:41 PM »

and since there was a car stopped in the left AND right lanes, it means he had to have come around them in a non-lane where cars park, in a clear attempt to try and get ahead of people - only he didn't understand that cars were STOPPED and he wasn't even in a LANE.

Might he have been intending to turn right (onto the same street you were headed for)?

der Brucer

Nope, he was clearly trying to go around other cars and NOT looking where he was going or what was happening around him.  The proof of that, of course, is that I only clipped the BACK of his car after he PASSED me.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #389 on: December 20, 2008, 11:16:15 PM »

Nope, he was clearly trying to go around other cars and NOT looking where he was going or what was happening around him.  The proof of that, of course, is that I only clipped the BACK of his car after he PASSED me.

He's damn lucky you didn't T-Bone him!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 11:22:39 PM by DERBRUCER »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up