Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HO, HO, HO  (Read 22480 times)

FJL

Re: HO, HO, HO
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2008, 05:26:49 PM »

Page 8 dance

FJL

« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2008, 05:27:44 PM »

My new instructions for posting photos:

See if George is online.

If so, send to George.

If not, wait.

:)

FJL

« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2008, 05:27:56 PM »

:)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2008, 05:35:55 PM »

Hang on...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2008, 05:39:32 PM »

Okay, here's the picture that you originally posted, resized slightly smaller to fit on the board (hopefully):

l-r: Stephen Berger, Catherine Remmert, Jan Leigh Herndon, Rebecca Luker, Ric Ryder
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2008, 05:41:07 PM »

And here's the other half of the photo:

l-r:  (standing) Jesse JP Johnson, Sean Montgomery, Bill Connington; (on sofa) Leenya Rideout, Neal Mayer, Ellen Schwartz

George

« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2008, 05:42:25 PM »

And here's the whole sh-bang:

Stephen Berger, Catherine Remmert, Jan Leigh Herndon, Rebecca Luker, Ric Ryder, (standing) Jesse JP Johnson, Sean Montgomery, Bill Connington, (on sofa) Leenya Rideout, Neal Mayer, Ellen Schwartz

Danise

« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »

Hi all.

I'm so very glad that Vixmom liked her flowers.  I meant to check and make sure she received them yesterday but I had a pile of filing to do (and I do mean a PILE) at work and my back and right hand was aching last night.  I laid down on the couch when I got home and fell sound asleep.  I woke around eleven then just toddled off to bed.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2008, 05:44:23 PM »

I recognize an eyebrow in that first pic!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2008, 05:44:26 PM »

And my bellly and arms on the left in the last photo   :)

Here again is the who's who for the photos (including the "camera-shy" Skip and me):

The musical is about an elegant Park Avenue woman (played in the read-through by Rebecca Luker) who's lost her husband and starts her life over by going to work at a producer's office. She discovers a young writer's work that she feels passionate about, and she will stop at nothing to get the show to the Broadway stage.

The music is by Skip Kennon (who first worked with Rebecca Luker when she played the fem ale lead in Kennon’s musical Time and Again at the Old Globe in San Diego). The lyricist is Ellen Schwartz (The Trapped Family Singers, the Mae West musical Come Up and See Me). The bookwriter is Bill Connington, who recently won awards - including a Talkin' Broadway citation - for his show ZOMBIE at the N.Y. Fringe Festival this past summer. The musical is being adapted from a story called “WebCast” by Fred Landau (who was the bookwriter on Kennon’s musical version of The Last Starfighter).

In addition to Rebecca Luker, the characters at the read-through were read by Steve Berger (Broadway’s Pajama Game and Into the Woods), Jan Leigh Herndon (Broadway’s La Cage Aux Folles and A Chorus Line), Jesse JP Johnson (Altar Boyz at New World Stages, Broadway's Glory Days), Neal Mayer (Forbidden Broadway, Broadway's Les Miserables), Sean Montgomery (The Last Starfighter at NYMF), Catherine Remmert (also in Kennon’s musical of The Last Starfighter), Leenya Rideout (Broadway’s Company, Cyrano de Bergerac and Cabaret), and Ric Ryder (Broadway’s Blood Brothers, Grease and the Luker-Bierko Music Man revival).

Songs in the read-through included "Not Young" (sung by Rebecca Luker), "You Never Know" (Steve Berger, Jesse JP Johnson and company), "My Song" (Jesse JP Johnson), "My World Began This Morning" (Ric Ryder), "Not Young - Reprise" (Rebecca Luker), "I Heard His Music" (Rebecca Luker), "No Time for Love" (Leenya Rideout with Ric Ryder and company), "What Else Did You Expect?" (Neal Mayer, Jesse JP Johnson, Ric Ryder, Rebecca Luker, Leenya Rideout). Rebecca Luker also performed two of her character's solo numbers from Act II, "Flying" and "I'll Seal it with a Kiss."

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 06:02:04 PM by FJL »

George

« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2008, 05:45:55 PM »

I recognize an eyebrow in that first pic!

Yup! ;D

FJL

« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2008, 05:46:29 PM »

Thank you, George!

FJL

« Reply #222 on: December 16, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »

Pix #2 and #3 are actually different shots.  In one of them, Bill Connington is smiling but Ellen Schwartz is not; in the other, Ellen is smiling but Bill is not. 

FJL

« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2008, 05:51:03 PM »

Well, sort of.

Danise

« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2008, 05:55:20 PM »

Lovely photos! 

I'm trying to catch up on some posts. 

Congrats to our DR Ginny and her last working days at the library! 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2008, 05:56:52 PM »

Thank you, George!

Glad to be of help. :)

Danise

« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2008, 05:58:36 PM »

Continued feel better vibes to dear VixMom and family!

No cold vibes to DR Elmore.

No getting sick vibes to DR Jane!

Vibes to all I missed and just because!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »

I enjoyed last night's BIG BANG THEORY. I couldn't watch this every week. The nerdy looking-for-love comedy hooks would get old to me quickly. But to watch an episode two or three times a year, it's a very good show.

Interesting, I don't think of it as the nerdy looking-for-love.   We look forward to watching it every week.

Jane

« Reply #228 on: December 16, 2008, 06:11:18 PM »

Has anybody ever made a gingerbread house before?

My niece has asked santa for it twice. We got one at costco that comes with all the stuff. I'm just hoping that the house part will stay together so she can put on the candies!

For years I made them from scratch.  They were tons of work & not easy, at least for me.  When the boys got older we made it a family project & each of us would decorate a wall.  My recipe is a heavy German gingerbread and sometimes the walls fell if the icing wasn't just right.

I'm sure your kit will be much simpler to make.  Let me know how it turns out.  Have fun & don't worry too much about the final results.

Jane

« Reply #229 on: December 16, 2008, 06:14:24 PM »

I tried the most delicious Lindt chocolates yesterday. They were white chocolate inside and covered in milk chocolate. Yum!

My favorite chocolate in the whole world is Lindt milk chocolate.  I like the extra large & fat bars which you can't find in the stores anymore.  Sadly, now that I suffer from GERD (severe acid reflux) it is one of the chocolates that bothers me the most.

Jane

« Reply #230 on: December 16, 2008, 06:24:29 PM »

BK, so you think it's too cold to run where you are...Here's what I'm looking at right now at my back yard.  Under the deer is snow; under the snow is ice; under the ice is frozen mud.  The cold doesn't stop these wild boys from running.  I couldn't get the whole herd in; there were twice as many.  The Lovely Wife feeds them corn. 

Good for the Lovely Wife.  We see more deer in town than we do out here so I never get photos of them-thanks.

Ginny

« Reply #231 on: December 16, 2008, 06:32:56 PM »

I drove back from Oxford in an ice storm. Scary but fun.

And I drove home from work in the same ice storm.  My route is much flatter than DR Elmore's, but what usually takes me about 50 minutes took almost 2 hours.  Scary and NOT fun.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #232 on: December 16, 2008, 06:36:15 PM »

Good Evening!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: December 16, 2008, 06:43:15 PM »

DR druxy - Yep, I'm on Twitter - http://twitter.com/josespiano

However, I don't believe I've ever "urged" anyone else to join.  -Only to check in on http://twitter.com/BravoTopChef on Wednesday nights during "Top Chef" since Andrew and Spike from Season 4 "tweet" live during the show.

Yes, there is a bit of randomness to it, but there is also a lot of info out there: news feeds from TV stations, newspapers and magazines, weather reports, and lots of techno-speak.  A lot of companies are on Twitter now: Banana Republic, Starbucks, JetBlue, etc.  -And sometimes they "tweet" special sales and codes for fellow twitterers.

I follow a couple newspaper columnists - like Amanda Hesser from the NY Times - and there's also a whole "Mad Men" community out there too.  -People who tweet as the various characters on "Mad Men".  Even John_Lithgow is tweeting during the run of All My Sons - usually saying who came to see the show that night, how a TV appearance went, etc.

It costs nothing to join Twitter, and it's just a matter of finding people to "Follow", and then having people find you in order to Follow you too.  If you think a good portion of your potential audience is into "social networking", then give it a try.  Otherwise, you may just want to start off with a Fan Page on Facebook.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #234 on: December 16, 2008, 06:44:29 PM »

Thank you DR Danise.  I'm feeling somewhat better this evening-fingers crossed.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: December 16, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »

DR FJL - I didn't realize that you and Skip had remodeled your living room.  ;)

*It's nice to see some familiar faces in the group, especially from the cast of The Last Starfighter.  -And JP. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #236 on: December 16, 2008, 06:45:41 PM »

I'm glad DR elmore & DR Ginny made it home safely!!!!  I wouldn't think it was fun.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: December 16, 2008, 06:45:54 PM »

Is anybody here on Twitter?

DR JoseSPiano is, and has urged other DRs to join.

Umm.. Read my previous post.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #238 on: December 16, 2008, 06:49:15 PM »

One thing about Facebook that I am just not understanding...people send me gift boxes, flowers, Christmas Trees, etc, and I click on all the required clicks to access said "present" but all I ever get are ads. Why is it that I never see the darn item! Nor is it shown on my profile.

Evidently I even have ornaments on my tree now, but I wouldn't know since I can't find the darn thing.

After you "accept" the Ornament, Fish, Flower, Plant, etc., look for the Tab that says "My Tree (Cove, Garnen, Patch).  Once you click on that, your Tree should come up.

If you want it displayed in your profile, then you have to add it to your profile and/or select it to be displayed in your Profile.  Most app are posted to either your "front page" - your Wall - or under your "Boxes" tab.
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #239 on: December 16, 2008, 07:11:22 PM »

George, supposedly Kentucky has more deer now than they did in Dan'l Boone's time.  Unfortunately, that can be problematic.  They over-run some towns and people's yards.  And you see far too many dead ones on the freeway now; something I never saw when I was growing up here.  On our country roads, you have to drive very carefully.  And, yes, Singdaw, I worry about Lyme tick disease too and have to constantly tell The Lovely Wife to give them wide berth...If the dog got one that would be bad enough; it'd be worse if either she or I got one.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up