Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HAMLET NACHOS  (Read 25683 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: HAMLET NACHOS
« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2009, 07:35:25 PM »

Hi DR elmore.  I hope you sleep well & are much improved in the morning.

'night

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2009, 07:36:04 PM »

Thank you, Nursie!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #242 on: July 25, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »

It is still 86 degrees here in Tacoma at 7:30.  Monday it is supposed to start a rather rapid climb into the high 90's.  Not typical Tacoma weather.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #243 on: July 25, 2009, 07:38:26 PM »

Hi Elmore. Good to see you up and around.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #244 on: July 25, 2009, 07:39:10 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2009, 07:41:24 PM »

DR Elmore - thanks for your concern.  Richard is on his way here to Lima from his all-day clergy meeting in NW Indiana.  We've talked on the phone several times and I expect him within the hour.  I guess David arrived at the hospital this afternoon as all hell was breaking loose.  We'll stop there on our way home after church tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2009, 07:43:04 PM »

My immediate concern is getting Richard here without him falling asleep while driving!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2009, 07:44:02 PM »

Call him and nag him, Ginny.

Ginny

« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2009, 07:45:19 PM »

That's what I've been doing, DR Laura!

Laura

« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2009, 07:49:37 PM »

Maybe he needs a good storm to keep him awake.

Ginny

« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2009, 07:56:57 PM »

Maybe he needs a good storm to keep him awake.

That was last night!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »

Had some fun viewing experiences this evening. I began my work project tonight by watching the first Miss Marple TV-movie in the four disc box set: A POCKETFUL OF RYE. It's the best mystery of the four, I think, but the video quality is really second rate. Very soft and grainy (though it is anamorphic widescreen at least). Still, it was fun seeing it again (I still prefer the Joan Hickson version, of course).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2009, 08:08:57 PM »

The bonus features on these discs are miniscule. Text biographies of Agatha Christie and Julia McKenzie, text filmographies of four principal actors, and a montage of publicity stills.

Matt H.

« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2009, 08:11:38 PM »

Then I watched the second Marple in the set: MURDER IS EASY. This is the mystery that Miss Marple has been inserted into to share the investigation with the Luke Fitzwilliam character who solves it in the book. Murder MUST be easy in this book; there are six murders before the murderer is revealed. Miss Marple is a part of the case from the beginning, so she has more to do in this than she does in RYE.

The video quality was worlds better on this disc. Much sharper and more detailed than RYE was.

Matt H.

« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »

I had thought I might watch a Tarzan movie tonight, but instead I took WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY off the shelf and watched it. Since it's being released on Blu-ray before the end of the year, I wanted to see what it looked like on my "new" television using upconversion. Many sequences looked near-HD in quality (some looked pretty bad, too).

I'm not sure I'll buy the new Blu-ray once it's released. I may wait to get it used for half price or something.

MBarnum

« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2009, 08:20:21 PM »

I am looking very forward to Monday, as I will be having lunch with the star of this movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq9IKsH9BXg . He and his wife are taking a vacation and will be driving through Oregon, with a stop in Salem to visit me.

I watched the video.  Thank you for the much needed laugh after the sad posts.  I think it is great he is stopping to see you, have a very enjoyable interview.  Is he stopping in Ashland ;)

Thanks DR Jane. I have already interviewed him and it will be out in Classic Images any month now. They are stopping in Beatty, Oregon and then driving to Portland, but wanted to stop and see me during their trip. Such nice people.

MBarnum

« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2009, 08:30:52 PM »

On to my next Bollywood film. This time a golden oldie from 1929, THROW OF THE DICE. This will be my first silent Bollywood film. I have heard very good things about it.

MBarnum

« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2009, 08:31:25 PM »

But before that, I think I shall watch a couple of episodes of PETE AND GLADYS, which I just got in the mail today.

Ginny

« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2009, 08:33:32 PM »

Richard just arrived and he's still awake!

Laura

« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2009, 08:34:12 PM »

Great news! I hope you can both get some rest tonight.

Ginny

« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »

Thanks, DR Laura.  At least we're already here in Lima, so we don't have to leave at 7am for a 10am service.

'night!

Matt H.

« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2009, 08:49:42 PM »

I'm going to hop off-line now and write for a little bit and then head downstairs to bed.

Good night!

td

• td
« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2009, 09:56:49 PM »

Continued vibes for the DBIL of DR Ginny.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2009, 11:02:02 PM »

Continued vibes and prayers for John

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2009, 11:09:53 PM »

I have had quite a day. I started with mowing the front and side yard.  That took and hour and I got a bit over heated, I know when to come in and drink water, but boy was I warm.   I shopped a couple sales this afternoon and then finished painting the living room tonight.   THAT was a job.  There was a lot of taping and prep work to do before I could paint, but it's done.    I really like it. It could use a second coat, but I'm not going to do it any time soon.  I am VERY sick of painting. 

I am glad I painted half the living room a couple weeks ago.  If I hadn't I'm not sure it would have gotten done this summer.  I just couldn't have a half painted room.

So, now I wait for the counter guys to call to schedule and install, Chris and I will take out the old countertops and after they are in I'll touch up the paint and then I am done with projects for the rest of the summer. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:14:07 PM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2009, 11:13:32 PM »

Didn't see Harry Potter because I had the night wrong - the screening was last night - I arrived at the DGA an hour early only to find it completely full, which seemed weird an hour early until I found out that they were screening Public Enemies and it was about to start.  Why the house would have been full for this piece of crap horribly reviewed box-office disaster, when it was only half full for the Star Trek movie is anyone's guess.

Cillaliz

« Reply #266 on: July 25, 2009, 11:16:54 PM »

The girls were pretty funny while I was painting tonight.  Callie insisted on being in the room and right in the middle of where I was working. She just sat there, but got really made when I tried to get her to leave.

Boo was very upset and was hiding in the other room.    She's now sleeping on my lap.  It took awhile to calm her down.

Cillaliz

« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2009, 11:17:23 PM »

It's late, I'm tired and need a shower before bed, so I better sign off.  Night.

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2009, 11:17:39 PM »

Vibes to all who need them

Michael

« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2009, 11:32:14 PM »

Page Eight LA MANCHA horse head dance.

Tell them to hold onto the horses heads in case they ever decide to do Equus.
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up