Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:06:17 PM 
Started by bk - Last post by elmore3003
The article I just read on this summer Once Upon A Mattress implies the Coughlin orchestrations will be new and not the Sarah Jessica Parker revival's.

on: Today at 12:10:30 PM 
Started by bk - Last post by George
ChasSmith, do The Brain from Planet X for heaven's sake. Small band, great orchestrations by you-know-who, and FUNNY, with great roles for everyone.

Wouldn't I love to. Thought in this time slot we should be doing A Carol Christmas! I've told these people it's out there, but some of them feel the sting of recent shitty home-grown Dickens adaptations, and it's going to take some time to get past that.

You could forward them the link to BK's original production that's still available to watch on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LRMqTFeZXs

Then, they could see for themselves how delightful (and good!) a show it is!

on: Today at 11:56:39 AM 
Started by bk - Last post by ChasSmith
ChasSmith, do The Brain from Planet X for heaven's sake. Small band, great orchestrations by you-know-who, and FUNNY, with great roles for everyone.

Wouldn't I love to. Thought in this time slot we should be doing A Carol Christmas! I've told these people it's out there, but some of them feel the sting of recent shitty home-grown Dickens adaptations, and it's going to take some time to get past that.

on: Today at 11:19:51 AM 

I agree with this also!!  I was in a production here in Olympia that BK and David Wechter came up to see.  We had a great time doing it!

on: Today at 11:17:13 AM 
My friend who had been planning to direct Mattress up here in Nov.-Dec. saw the Encores! production and absolutely loved the orchestra, but he just re-summarized it to me thusly:

"Charles, it was really horrible, like a really really bad sitcom. They stripped it of all its charm."

If you've lost MATTRESS, you might look at THE TRIUMPH OF LOVE; it's intelligent, funny, and the score is really lovely.

I agree.  I saw a local production many years ago, and it was absolutely delightful.

on: Today at 11:14:43 AM 
Does that mean they're re-orchestrating it again?

Or they're using Coughlin's work from the Sarah Jessica Parker revival.

Darn. :-\

on: Today at 11:13:38 AM 
I hope this at least brings some good news for DR Elmore and Josh.

Fame!!! Fortune!!! Ya know?

That would be so cool!

on: Today at 11:13:17 AM 
TOD:

Am expecting delivery today of "Dune, Part 2" on 4K Blu ray.  I don't know if I will watch it right away, but it is in my near future of things to see.

I haven't seen either part, but am considering getting the two movies. 

on: Today at 11:00:10 AM 
DR George, you're not a pack rat. You're a curator.

You could also say that I'm a connoisseur and a collector! :D

on: Today at 10:57:10 AM 
Anyone listening to Here We Are today?

Not "officially." ::)

;)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10