Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE 'COON'S AGE  (Read 28286 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE 'COON'S AGE
« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2004, 08:35:09 PM »

And one for Mahler!

And Congratulations again to BK for 5,000+ posts & to all of us HHWers for 50,000+ posts!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 08:35:32 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2004, 08:40:24 PM »

I think this is some sort of new record for me...here it is, 11:30 in the p.m. and I'm already back from the gym! And this was my second night in a row going there! I had a loverly 36 minute jaunt on the elliptical machine, burning a good 520 calories and running a very scenic 4 miles. I say scenic because I have found a second, more motivating reason to go to the gym...at 10:30 in the p.m. I don't know the person's name, but I have new inspiration. That is all I'm going to say. I don't see any future in this endeavour, but it's fun to gawk.

I learned something very frightening tonight. I learned that the three plain hamburgers and the snack sized fruit-and-yogurt parfait I had from McDonalds for dinner tonight contained nearly 1,000 calories. And let me tell you...that ain't a lotta food for a boy my size. Especially considering I only had a turkey sandwich for lunch. Oh, well... At least I didn't have fries or chips...or even a soda with my dinner, so I don't feel so terrible.

Jason

« Reply #272 on: June 17, 2004, 08:46:16 PM »

Oh! I have been so rude and I'm so sorry for it...

Dear Readers Laura and Sandra: Thank you so much for the fun picture! Who knew those little gold letters would stay on my star for a whole year! LOL You're both very sweet to think of me while you were on your mini-vacation.

DR LAURA II: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

DRs Jane and Keith: I hope you have a wonderful, carefree and refreshing trip to see your son. Please be safe and know that we'll all be waiting eagerly for you to return.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2004, 08:46:48 PM »

Yes yes yes.....we having a partay.

Things are hopping...corks are popping....and we are shopping!!!

MBARNUM got a card from elmore?  Where is my card, I wonder?  I didn't know elmore was going to be sending out cards.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #274 on: June 17, 2004, 08:48:14 PM »

DR JASON you must go on the MTI computers and see what it says about the lovely Putnam County Playhouse in Greencastle, Indiana.  We always pay our bills and we always return our books....I would hope we have a glowing reputation with MTI.  Of course we didn't do any MTI shows this year....R/H and Samuel French - I think SF has Nunsense.

Anyway....maybe next year.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2004, 08:48:42 PM »

I didn't eat yet.  It's time for dindin.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2004, 08:50:47 PM »

I am still shaking my booty.  My booty is shaken, not stirred.  My booty lies over the ocean, my booty lies over the sea.  These booties were made for walkin'.  They died with their booty on.  

Jason

« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2004, 08:51:55 PM »

Jrand: I do recall some talk about PCP and I am pretty certain it was all good. The place I worked for three years ago--DISCOVERYLAND, USA! IN TULSA, OKLAHOMA (this is in caps so it will be engrained in your mind so you'll never work there)--has been doing SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS for the last four years. For the last THREE years, they've been doing it without obtaining licenses. They never returned the scripts from the first year they rented the show, so they just keep doing it and we keep sending collection agencies. I think at last count they owed nearly $15,000.

There may be some interesting developments at Bucks County Playhouse pretty soon, as well. Let's just say they're one of the top ten copyright violators we deal with and we're on to them...

Jason

« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2004, 08:53:21 PM »

And yes, Samuel French has NUNSENSE, though you'd never know it by going to their totally useless website.

And I would suggest not even bothering with Tams-Bitchmark. They're hideodious people.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2004, 08:54:01 PM »

MR BK did you contact Mr Will Viharo as yet?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2004, 08:57:15 PM »

Tams is a nightmare....I have told the Board of Directors, I will not even consider directing a show from their catalog...and that they should just throw it away!!!

I can't believe the Tulsa group.....LOL...what are THEY thinking?

You know the American Cabaret Theatre here in Indy keeps doing revues that its artistic director writes, and I am almost certain they NEVER pay royalties on the songs they sing....it's outrageous!  But they don't do book shows, so I don't know who to report them to.

We always get licenses, etc...and all the other theatres in Indy do....a couple of exceptions....but....  Makes it hard on those who follow the rules!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2004, 08:58:30 PM »

Hey, maybe when you catch up with Bucks County, you can repossess the Model T that all the stars used to sign.  I will give you ten dollars for the door that has Frances Farmer's name on it!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2004, 09:03:06 PM »

This one!   ;D  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #283 on: June 17, 2004, 09:04:25 PM »

Hey BK left the chat room open everyone come in here!

Jason

« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2004, 09:05:53 PM »

Revues are a tricky animal. I believe (don't quote me on this) you are permitted to do up to three songs by a specific composer without having to obtain the rights to perform them. Of course, obtaining the orchestrations is impossible because the licensing houses have those. That does not mean, however, that you may perform three songs from each show that that composer has written. Therefore, you may not "write" your own Sondheim revue by performing three songs from each of his shows. That's illegal. There are SO many Sondheim revues available that there's no reason for anyone to write their own. And there are revues available for nearly every major composer of musical theatre--Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber," Sondheim's "Side by Side by Sondheim," Herman's "ShowTune" (which MTI now licenses), Rodger's "A Grand Night for Singing," Loesser's "Perfectly Frank," Coward's "Oh, Coward!," Porter's "Red, Hot & Cole," etc. They're all over the place. If you wrote a revue with three songs by each of those composers, that'd be OK, but you'd have to pay to get the full orchestrations. It's a tricky thing, licensing. And then you get into the professional theatres and their box office percentages and guarantees and merchandising percentages...it's nuts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2004, 09:07:09 PM »

Hey BK left the chat room open everyone come in here!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2004, 09:10:17 PM »

no one wants to chat :(

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2004, 09:10:28 PM »

oh well time for bed

Jason

« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2004, 09:11:04 PM »

I went to the chat room and you weren't there, JRAND...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2004, 09:11:07 PM »

And I would suggest not even bothering with Tams-Bitchmark. They're hideodious people.

When I was in junior high, I sent for purusal copies of musicals from them for no other purpose other than to read them.  The last time I did this was about 1977.  I am still on their mailing list.  These people never give up.

Amy is telling me to tell y'all that I am looking so much better with my new buzzcut.  It's also feels much cooler.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #290 on: June 17, 2004, 09:11:23 PM »

ON TO 60,000!!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2004, 09:12:05 PM »

LOL
missed connections
story of my life

Jason

« Reply #292 on: June 17, 2004, 09:14:13 PM »

DtM (and Amy): MTI won't send out perusals unless you have proof that you are an actual performing arts organization and proof that you have a performance space. That may sound mean, but you'd be surprised at how many copies of those little vocal/libretto books we lose every year. But Tams is still bitchier than we are.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #293 on: June 17, 2004, 09:15:48 PM »

I bet he says yes.  If so, please find out exactly what they want and make them talk to you directly.
Don't bet on my saying yes, unless she talks to me directly.  And even then, she's going to have to grovel.

We're going up tomorrow, to grandladsit.  She'll get her opportunity then.  If she flunks, she flunks.

(And she wants to stop taking her anti-depression meds.  I'm not sure I want to know her at all, if she can't learn from what happened to me when I did that.)

This is too depressing.  Let's party!  Let's dance through life!  Let's defy gravity!

Let's TANGO!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #294 on: June 17, 2004, 09:18:55 PM »

Back from dinner at the Hungarian restaurant - DD's BF's choice. The waitress I think had some sort of bipolar disorder. She was Hungarian - and quite thin for a waitress - sort of pretty in a blowsy way - anyway, one minute she was snapping at me, ("Sit down!") the next she was practically kissing me on the lips. Plus she took our drink orders twice (water with lemon  - not complicated) and brought the same complimentary cucumber salad twice. The meal was excellent though, DD and I had Wiener Schnitzel; BF had Chicken Paprikas. Walnut and apricot palacsinta (crepes) for dessert.
DD and her BF have left for San Diego, so suddenly my tiny house seems quite roomy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 09:20:03 PM by Panni »

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2004, 09:22:47 PM »

Almost on post 300. Excellent.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2004, 09:22:51 PM »

DtM (and Amy): MTI won't send out perusals unless you have proof that you are an actual performing arts organization and proof that you have a performance space. That may sound mean, but you'd be surprised at how many copies of those little vocal/libretto books we lose every year. But Tams is still bitchier than we are.

Yep, I do recall that about MTI.  I still have the very handsome 1973 catalog (with a Hirschfeld cover) which contains some great pictures.  I very much wanted to read the Sondheim shows and wrote to request the perusal copies, but they wrote back asking for proof of my organization. Didn't happen.

Amy and SJP say hi!  Matthew is sitting on the sofa leafing through next week's TV Guide.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #297 on: June 17, 2004, 09:24:19 PM »

Amy is telling me to tell y'all that I am looking so much better with my new buzzcut.  It's also feels much cooler.
Buzzcuts are so much easier to take care of, too.  There's very little risk of bedhair in the morning.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #298 on: June 17, 2004, 09:24:59 PM »

Jason I understand the motivation of which you speak! LOL!

Jane, I don't know when Elmore3003 returns. It seemed to me that he would be gone for 6 weeks time...so  I would guess he has about 1 month before his return. He of course is missing the grand partay.

MBarnum

« Reply #299 on: June 17, 2004, 09:25:36 PM »

Buzzcuts are so much easier to take care of, too.  There's very little risk of bedhair in the morning.

I agree!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up