Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE FRIED EGG  (Read 12323 times)

FJL

Re: ONE FRIED EGG
« Reply #150 on: March 08, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »

Now that's timing.

FJL

« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2012, 04:32:29 PM »

I'll post it again so that it's at the top of a page, not just at the bottom of a page :)

THE BK'S IN NYC GATHERING WILL BE ON SUNDAY, MARCH 11 AT 3 P.M.

Could people please PM me by Saturday afternoon (please don't only put it on HHW) if you can come.

It'll be in the theater area, and we'll definitely go somewhere that can accommodate a wide range of budgets.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »

DR Druxy, that is a crazy story. Did your neighbor actually mean to try to shoot the guy.  The whole thing is crazy to me since nobody here has guns. But then to shoot the guy. Did he take anything.

As far as I know, nothing was taken.

And, yes, I believe my neighbor tried to shoot the guy.

In Texas, people have guns.

If somebody breaks into your house, you have the right to protect yourself, don't you?

The police can't be everywhere.
Having a gun is just not something I can relate to. I think if the burglar had a gun then yes I could see your neighbor maybe shooting. But otherwise if the guy was unarmed and was not going to physically harm your neighbor ... well I could see your neighbor aiming at the guy but not actually shooting it. I am curious how the guy got away if he had a gun pointed at him?

Jennifer, I don't imagine you will be visiting the state of OKLAHOMA any time soon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/oklahoma-house-open-carry-holster_n_1331430.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl3%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D141825

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2012, 04:52:30 PM »

Not all nursing homes have a good rehab, so...........

VIBES YOU GET AN EXCELLENT REHAB CENTER!!!!!

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2012, 05:12:57 PM »

Jennifer, I don't imagine you will be visiting the state of OKLAHOMA any time soon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/oklahoma-house-open-carry-holster_n_1331430.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl3%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D141825

:)

It's hard to believe that Canada and the US could be so different.  But this wouldn't be in big cities would it?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »

:)

It's hard to believe that Canada and the US could be so different.  But this wouldn't be in big cities would it?

Oh yes.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2012, 05:18:39 PM »

DR TCB I don't mean does the rule apply to big cities. I just meant would it be prevalent in big cities?

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2012, 05:20:25 PM »

The weather here is crazy. Today was mid 50sF. Tomorrow is going to be a windchill making it like 20F. Then next Sun-Thurs is is supposed to warm up with Thursday being 60F. I wish it wouldn't go up and down! I think that's what makes me sick (when the temps go up and down).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2012, 05:33:10 PM »

DR TCB I don't mean does the rule apply to big cities. I just meant would it be prevalent in big cities?

In Oklahoma, probably.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »

It was 60 degrees here today.  I was very warm in my winter clothes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »

It was 60 degrees here today, and Tuesday morning we had snow.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2012, 05:47:36 PM »

I know.  Two days ago we still had snow on the ground & it was cold.

Jane

« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2012, 06:29:31 PM »

I'm trying to find out why some eBooks don't seem to be formatted properly.  Two books ago all I could do was make the small print darker.  This last book I read couldn't be adjusted at all.  There is a good amount of info out there about formatting, etc. which I unfortunately find boring.  I need the short explanation. :)

Bruce did you have any choice options regarding format when you transferred your books to eBooks?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2012, 06:38:02 PM »

Do we give dog vibes here?   Anyway, today was the first time since all of the DD's have been neutered that they have been co-existing without the aid of an enclosure for an hour now.  No fights, lots of ignoring, one even peed on the other (by accident) and the other didn't lose it.  I'm very excited by this.  I just hope it continues.

I'm sorry, I somehow missed this post.  We definitely give dog vibes here!!

CONTINUED GETTING ALONG VIBES FOR YOUR POOCHES!!!!
Dog vibes for Matthew.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2012, 06:38:55 PM »

It was 60 degrees here today, and Tuesday morning we had snow.
It was 75 this morning when I went to work. Now its 55 and rapidly dropping.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2012, 06:45:50 PM »

I am not sure if I am going to be able to meet up this weekedn -  I have beentrying to free things up but I already was committed to several things at church
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2012, 06:46:23 PM »

Tina worked her magic with my hair and then I went to the grocery.  Rob was in town having some exhaust work done on Mary Linda's car.  She joined us for dinner after work and we all enjoyed bacon-wrapped filet mignon, baked potatoes, and green beans.  After they headed home, Richard and I watched BIG BANG THEORY and now I'm in my Momcave watching the Phantom 25th anniversary.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2012, 07:02:51 PM »

Scary story DR DRUXY!!!

DR ELMORE - Mr Hoffman, I am sure, is a very nice person.  I am commenting merely on his movies.

DR JRand61, i don't think Laurence Olivier was fond of him, so I'm not throwing any rocks, just telling what a mensch he can be. After the work for him on Merchant of Venice, he sent me a fantastic gift of engraved stationery.

And that leads to the day at Drama Book Shop when a customer on the phone ordered 30 copies of the play The Merchant of Venus. I wonder if DR MBrarnum ever worked as a school seretary?

And I have always enjoyed that Ava Gardner film ONE TOUCH OF VENICE.

This reminds me of the real life interchange I had with a sheet music store clerk back in the day:

Me:  Do you have 'A Simple Song' from Leonard Bernstein's "Mass"?
He:  It depends, what's it called?

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2012, 07:22:19 PM »

DR Jane where did you buy these ebooks? If it was at B&N then I would look at the comments. Maybe someone else noticed the problem?  If you got it from your library mabe ask someone there. I am curious because for the kindle every ebook looks similar to me in terms of print. But i do have the options to adjust things.

Jennifer

« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2012, 07:23:19 PM »

I have not read a book in two days. I like reading in bed!

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »

I am watching the first THE MENTALIST episode now.

FJL

« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »

vixmom, just sent you a PM.  Did you get it?

Ginny

« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2012, 07:48:10 PM »

On Sunday at 3pm, I'll probably be somewhere between Lima and Middletown, OH, but my heart will be in NY, NY - have fun, y'all!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »

On Sunday at 3pm, I'll probably be somewhere between Lima and Middletown, OH, but my heart will be in NY, NY - have fun, y'all!

Thanks, Ginny!

John G.

« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »

Watching "For Your Consideration" in time for Purim. Wish I had some hamantashen to go with the yucks.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2012, 08:42:36 PM »

In today's mail we received our tickets for the May 22 performance of Roundabout's HARVEY starring Jim Parsons - I can't wait!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »

I am back from seeing Kurt Wwill's  STREET SCENE at NYU. Good orchestra, and a good, but not outstanding, cast. There may be an opera department there but it won't set the world on fire. Some say, maybe, but not now. There were a good young tenor and a pretty young soprano in the two juvenile leads, Sam and Rose, whom I'd cast on a recording in a second, but the leading lady had all the notes band no brightness or edge to her voice. Accurate but dull. A lotof the cast suffered from being twenty years too young for the roles, but the ensemble sang beautifully. The orchestra of around 34 players got through the score very well, and the "Moon Faced Starry Eyed" number was really wonderfully staged.

I've got laundry first thing tomorrow. I'll think about the weekend then.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2012, 08:45:42 PM »

Every single person connected to the film version of ANNIE should have been sued, or horse-whipped.

And what special honors have you saved for the 1999 Disney TV Musica -(which makes the Movie look like high art).

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2012, 08:47:08 PM »

I would just like to know how you can tell if the ground beef at your grocery store contains it?

You can't - that's one of the complaints.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2012, 08:47:51 PM »

'night!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up