News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MOW  (Read 32167 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:MOW
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2006, 02:31:46 PM »

DR elmore - If your Local 802/AFM dues are paid up, you can also check with their Musician's Assistance Program.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2006, 02:32:55 PM »

OH!  And the AFM also has a Travel Service associated with them.  I've used it a couple of times in the past.  Sometimes the discounts were quite good.  Other times, it was just nice to deal with a real person again instead of a computer terminal.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2006, 02:35:12 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Just taking a bit of a break right now.  I have a headache, and I'm trying to figure out if it's because my blood sugar may be a little low right now and/or if it's from trying to "absorb" this new score.  Probably a bit of both.  So...  I think I'm gonna heat up some leftover Chinese food from last night, and watch some FoodTV and/or TLC.  -Love me some carpenters on "While You Were Out".

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2006, 02:45:49 PM »

DR elmore - If your Local 802/AFM dues are paid up, you can also check with their Musician's Assistance Program.

Right now a flight on US Air for Friday, returning three weeks later is $408, so that's going to cost me $508 or so with the rscheduling, meaning I'll have to fork over another $260 or so.  Since I have this reservation I may never use otherwise since i've vowed never to fly them again, I think I'll bite the bullet and pay it.  Then I will at least be booked for this week.  I need tomorrow, at least, to pack up some Toyalnd materials to be Fed Exed to me so I'll have some work, arrange my schedule and leave on Friday morning (hopefully).
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2006, 02:49:57 PM »

Very sorry to read of your continuing troubles, DR Elmore.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2006, 02:50:59 PM »

Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?

Yes, you may!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #186 on: June 21, 2006, 02:51:46 PM »

Off to tend to the cleaning chores.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: June 21, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »

Very sorry to read of your continuing troubles, DR Elmore.

Thank you, DRMattH!  I don't deal well with frustration and inertia and those are my constant companions right now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: June 21, 2006, 03:07:25 PM »

What was the name of the movie in which Richard Crenna was a police officer that got raped?
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2006, 03:15:46 PM »

Vibes to DR Elmore and family....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2006, 03:19:51 PM »

What was the name of the movie in which Richard Crenna was a police officer that got raped?

THE RAPE OF RICHARD BECK
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2006, 03:37:19 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the editing room for some editing and then a commentary track, after which, I shall return.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2006, 04:01:10 PM »

Okay, I just shelled out $280 more and I'm booked for tomorrow morning on the 9:25 AM flight from LaGuardia to Dayton, OH.  I'll be returning on July 11, so it will be a bit more than two weeks with my family and now that it's frozen, a great weight is off my shoulders. I can use all the good travel vibes you can send.

Tonight, I need to run down to the office on 14th Street, pick up a few work items to carry with me and pack up a few Toyland scores to be shipped.

I'll be in touch hopefully every day from either the library or one of my brothers' computers.  Thank  you all for the vibes and thoughts.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

Outside my kitchen window this morning, on our property, was a mother deer nursing her fawn.

Gosh are you lucky :D

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2006, 04:07:16 PM »

Safe travel vibes, Elmore!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »

DRelmore- Safe travels and a smooth flight.  Of course, best of vibes to you and your family.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #196 on: June 21, 2006, 04:15:44 PM »

SAfe travel vibes DR Elmore
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2006, 04:17:03 PM »

Just booked Matt Asford and myself for the July Ray Courts show.  There's a whole Days of our Lives table (including Kevin Spirtas), and I'll be sitting near or next to Matt so we can sell our Deceit DVDs.  I'll also have Nudie DVDs, and Naked Space DVDs, and my books, especially Rewind which will be new to the Courts show.  And if anyone somehow could do good screen grabs from the Tabitha pilot or especially of my Partridge Family episodes, something I could get duplicated, photo-wise, that would be swell.

BK, I can do this tonight after I get back from a basketball game in Seattle (it starts at 7:00 pm and I won't get a chance to go home before I need to leave).  I only have the Tabitha DVD, so I can't do the Partridge Family episodes.  If someone has both the Partridge Family and Tabitha DVDs and they want to do it all, that's fine.  I'll catch up with the posts as soon as I get home late tonight to find out.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: June 21, 2006, 04:25:54 PM »

BK, I can do this tonight after I get back from a basketball game in Seattle (it starts at 7:00 pm and I won't get a chance to go home before I need to leave).  I only have the Tabitha DVD, so I can't do the Partridge Family episodes.  If someone has both the Partridge Family and Tabitha DVDs and they want to do it all, that's fine.  I'll catch up with the posts as soon as I get home late tonight to find out.

George, you do know that those are women playing basketball?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: June 21, 2006, 04:56:14 PM »

Many Many vibes to DR Elmore and family

Cillaliz

« Reply #200 on: June 21, 2006, 05:04:20 PM »

Well, I have the TIVO set for BB. I'm off to dance around a bonfire and celebrate the solstice.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #201 on: June 21, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »

Now, can someone tell me why I woke up at six in the morning.
Maybe you were dreaming you were on the East coast, where it was nine in the morning?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2006, 05:55:42 PM »

It must be because it's Summer Solstice, whatever the HELL that is.
"Well, it's been a long
Been a long
Been a long
Been a long day..."

Be grateful you can't really hear me sing.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2006, 05:57:32 PM »

I will bet you any amount of money that the director will have the cast panhandling through the audience before the curtain.

And will these "homeless" people begin spouting Cockney accents when they tell the tale?  Oy!
And when they tell of the Crachett family dinner, will they be wearing McDonalds uniforms?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2006, 06:03:29 PM »

I loved all of those TV movies that Eve Plumb did post Brady Bunch...and the one where Elizabeth Montgomery was in a coma for 25 years, then woke up.
Let me guess...Eve Plumb played the Elizabeth Montgomery character pre-coma, and Liz played the character waking up all grown up, right?

It coulda happened!   ::)

Michael

« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2006, 06:05:59 PM »

Speaking of Cliff DeYoung: SUNSHINE.

I never saw it, but I have the soundtrack LP, from which Cliff's top-40 song comes, "My Sweet Lady." And I remember my sister had a set of dolls called "The Sunshine Family" which were based on the people in this movie.

How many TV movies spawned hit songs, I wonder. "Time In a Bottle" was from some Desi Arnaz Jr. TV movie. "Brian's Song," of course.

I think you have the movie wrong or Desi Arnaz. BRIAN"S SONG was with James Caan and Billy Dee Williams and was about Brian Picollo the football player who died from Cancer.

BTW Brian's Song was one of the few TV Movies to get a theatrical release after it aired.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2006, 06:10:06 PM »

Questions for the New Yorkers or any Broadway Maven

When did the LION KING move to the Minskoff Theater?

And did The Light In the Piazza announce its last weeks before or after its live airing on PBS.

AND THE FANTASTICKS IS RETURNING TO OFF-BROADWAY in July at the SNAPPLE (!) THEATER!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2006, 06:15:05 PM »

Som more questions for ASK BK DAY.

How many episodes of LIKELY STORIES were there?
Did each episode have a Volume # after it?

Which ones did you appear and/or work on and what did you in them?

The Barry Manilow Parody Songs are brief snippets (heard of the CD The Music of Bruce Kimmel) is that how they were performed?

Any of the songs from The Elephant Man musical ever released on Cd or recorded by someone else?

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2006, 06:17:48 PM »

BK:
YOU HAVE A PREFERENCE FROM SCREEN GRABS FROM TABITHA?

ALONE
or with anyone of the actors?
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2006, 06:40:57 PM »

I was just reminded of my favorite MOW of all time- Dance 'til Dawn which came out in the late 80's and starred every sitcom star ever including: Alyssa Milano, Tracey Gold, Christina Applegate, Matthew Perry, Brian Bloom, Cliff DeYoung, Mary Frann, Alan Thicke, Kelsey Grammer, Edie McClurg, and many others.

It was a prom night comedy, and my sister and I taped it off of the tv and watched it constantly.
This is a very disturbing confession.

::)   ;)   :-*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up