Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: MOW  (Read 32140 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:MOW
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2006, 06:46:54 PM »

Wonderful looking out my bedroom window tonight... the fireflies are back!  

I love magic.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2006, 06:53:09 PM »

Der Brucer and I had a great time in Annapolis today.  We both found t-shirts (mine has a black lab in cartoon on the back, pointing out the various important parts, such as the tongue (slobber maker) and the nose (butt sniffer)).  We ate at a restaurant that proved to be a tourist trap that repeatedly screwed up our meal.  Der Brucer had a wonderful time remembering various points in the town where various deeds he had done while at the USNA were in fact done.

The grandlads were total brats.  Can't have everything.

Their mother was a total bi.....  Nothing new there.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2006, 06:54:31 PM »

I've an early call to work tomorrow.  Night.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2006, 07:05:48 PM »

Cillaliz-your mother’s maternity ward made me laugh.

Keith thinks he has identified the bird sitting on a nest in our yard as a Hutton’s Vireo.

Ben

« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »

Questions for the New Yorkers or any Broadway Maven

When did the LION KING move to the Minskoff Theater?

And did The Light In the Piazza announce its last weeks before or after its live airing on PBS.

AND THE FANTASTICKS IS RETURNING TO OFF-BROADWAY in July at the SNAPPLE (!) THEATER!

Lion King re-opened at the Minskoff on Tuesday, June 13th. It moved there so Mary Poppins could move into the New Amsterdam. It closed down for a week before the move. The last performance at the New Amsterdam was June 4th.

Piazza announced the closing dates well before the PBS airing. There was always the possibility of an extension if ticket sales picked up but it's been on both TDF and TKTS for months so that's not gonna happen. Christine Andreas has been announced for the tour which starts soon.

The Snapple Theatre is a new Off-Broadway complex. The producer/star of the jaw-droppingly bad, amazingly bad, excruciating, horrific, ghastly and any other negative adjective you care to insert, Perfect Crime, must have bags of money stored away someplace because she put the whole thing together when the theatre where Perfect Crime was playing (above the Howard Johnson on 46th Street and Broadway) was closed. She took over an upstairs space on 50th and Broadway and re-opened Perfect Crime in the new space. She signed on Snapple as a sponsor and they paid to turn the space into two small theatres. I don't know what either one looks like. I sat through Perfect Crime in 1984 and the pain still lies deep inside. I can't sit through it again  ;)

I may go see The Fantasticks when it opens but I don't know the dates yet. Unless Ms. Moneybags is producing I doubt that it will run anywhere near the length of the original run.

Ben

« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2006, 07:07:32 PM »

Rodzinski, thanks for getting Playbill On-Line to put up the Julian Slade obituary. I'm surprised that there has not been more news about it. Granted, he was across the pond but he was a big enough name in Musical Theatre that I thought the Times would run something.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  SERENE TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR ELMORE  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2006, 07:12:29 PM »

'night

Ben

« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2006, 07:12:37 PM »

Ah, yes, dear friend. Vibes and hugs to you in this time of turmoil. We will keep calm for you.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #219 on: June 21, 2006, 07:13:10 PM »

Questions for the New Yorkers or any Broadway Maven

When did the LION KING move to the Minskoff Theater?

And did The Light In the Piazza announce its last weeks before or after its live airing on PBS.

AND THE FANTASTICKS IS RETURNING TO OFF-BROADWAY in July at the SNAPPLE (!) THEATER!

DR Michael Shayne - Methinks you need to check out Playbill.com more often.  ;)

The Lion King moved to the Minskoff last week.  It closed at the New Amsterdam (in order to make room for Mary Poppins) on June 4, and reopened at the Minskoff on the 13th.  Not a bad turnaround time.

The Light in the Piazza announced their closing back in December.  This is the final extension - which I believe was their third.

And, Yes, The Fantasticks is coming back to Broadway - well, at least the street.  I was able to get a peek into the new Snapple Center, and I have to say it's a very nice facility.  Hopefully, it and the nearby New World Stages (formerly Dodger Stages) will have long-running tenants.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2006, 07:14:04 PM »

Well.. that's what I get for taking my time typing... Thanks, DR Ben.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2006, 07:14:17 PM »

THE RAPE OF RICHARD BECK

There was also the comedy clunker IT COULDN'T HAPPEN TO A NICER GUY in which Paul Sorvino was raped--by a girl.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »

The Snapple Theatre is a new Off-Broadway complex. The producer/star of the jaw-droppingly bad, amazingly bad, excruciating, horrific, ghastly and any other negative adjective you care to insert, Perfect Crime, must have bags of money stored away someplace because she put the whole thing together when the theatre where Perfect Crime was playing (above the Howard Johnson on 46th Street and Broadway) was closed. She took over an upstairs space on 50th and Broadway and re-opened Perfect Crime in the new space. She signed on Snapple as a sponsor and they paid to turn the space into two small theatres. I don't know what either one looks like. I sat through Perfect Crime in 1984 and the pain still lies deep inside. I can't sit through it again  ;)

I may go see The Fantasticks when it opens but I don't know the dates yet. Unless Ms. Moneybags is producing I doubt that it will run anywhere near the length of the original run.

Oh.... my..... gosh!  PERFECT CRIME is up and running again?  That was the most horrible evening of theater I ever sat through in New York.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2006, 07:16:30 PM »

...I believe there may still be a video slide show tour of the new Snapple Center on the New York Times website.  And I also think Broadway.com or BroadwayWorld.com did a photo feature.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2006, 07:23:37 PM »

...And The Fantasticks is being produced by Steven Baruch, Marc Routh, Richard Frankel and Thomas Viertel.  No Ms. Moneybags listed.  It's supposed to open at the end of July.  I know they've been holding auditions and getting the show cast, but I haven't heard any news on that end of things.

OH!  And Tom Jones is scheduled to direct the production.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2006, 07:26:24 PM »

...And The Fantasticks is being produced by Steven Baruch, Marc Routh, Richard Frankel and Thomas Viertel.  No Ms. Moneybags listed.  It's supposed to open at the end of July.  I know they've been holding auditions and getting the show cast, but I haven't heard any news on that end of things.

OH!  And Tom Jones is scheduled to direct the production.

Maybe this is my chance to finally play The Old Actor!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2006, 07:32:15 PM »

Maybe this is my chance to finally play The Old Actor!

Well... Maybe you should call and/or e-mail BK... And then BK can call/or e-mail Tom Jones...

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2006, 07:36:19 PM »

Well...  I think I should start packing my things for my trek up to Poughkeepsie in the morning.  Thankfully(?), it looks like I'll be back in the city either tomorrow night or Saturday, so I don't have to pack that much stuff.  -And since I have to be back in the City on Monday and Tuesday...

And since that bag ain't gonna pack itself...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2006, 07:37:43 PM »

Well... Maybe you should call and/or e-mail BK... And then BK can call/or e-mail Tom Jones...

;D

I could call Mr Jones as well, only I'm outa here!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2006, 07:42:22 PM »

I think Dylan's in a bit of shell shock right now; he went upstate last weekend to see a Dave Matthews Band concert with his family, and while he was away, his stepfather's brother died.  He's been dealing with that, got back last night, and now I'm laying all this apartment security/maintenance crap on him before I vanish tomorrow morning.

In the immortal words of BK, pray for Rosemary's baby.  

The laundry is in, I've brought work back from the office, and now I have to pack.  My dad is going through more surgery in the morning to look for the source of this latest hemorrhage.  I think I'm going at exactly the right time.

Thank you all for your kindness and generosity.  Keep those vibes coming.  The older I get, the more I fear flying.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2006, 07:46:35 PM »

Well...  I think I should start packing my things for my trek up to Poughkeepsie in the morning.  Thankfully(?), it looks like I'll be back in the city either tomorrow night or Saturday, so I don't have to pack that much stuff.  -And since I have to be back in the City on Monday and Tuesday...

And since that bag ain't gonna pack itself...

Laters...

And what day will Nick be back.... pant, pant?
“One thing’s universal,

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2006, 07:47:43 PM »

Take care Elmore. Safe travels and we'll keep thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

FJL

« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2006, 07:51:12 PM »

Larry - Skip got your messages.  We may have to do something about that "voice" on the answering machine.  It seems to confuse people.

Much support and safe travel vibes to you.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2006, 07:52:17 PM »

Vibes for ELMORE of EVERY KIND.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2006, 07:52:51 PM »

DR MS - I think RODZINSKI was referencing two different movies on purpose....punctuation notwithstanding....

Michael

« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2006, 07:53:26 PM »

Safe Travels for DR Larry.

Good thoughts and vibes
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2006, 07:54:25 PM »

PLAYMATES with Connie Stevens, Alan Alda, Barbara Feldon, Doug McClure.

Alan:  Didn't you like the play?

Connie: What?  Some woman saying I'm forbidden to love my brother and some guy saying I'm forbidden to love my sister.  And all I could think of was, I'm forbidden to leave this theatre...

Michael

« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2006, 07:54:28 PM »

I also have a screen capture from Penn and Teller
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2006, 07:55:10 PM »

Off to work with STINGER....if only it had vodka....but it is instead, a sound FX program.....

Michael

« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2006, 07:55:42 PM »

And a few from W*A"C*K*ED OUT.

(This one is not that great and can try again)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 07:56:43 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up