Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BEATING A HASTY RETREAT  (Read 23142 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:BEATING A HASTY RETREAT
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2006, 08:40:27 PM »

bk, did you finish PLAYTIME? I don't remember reading any comments. Interested in what you thought of the new transfer.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

François de Paris

« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2006, 08:41:15 PM »

All these states with Culture Club fans ::)

Fans of Culture or fans of clubs?!? 8)

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2006, 08:41:25 PM »

I've had a couple funny things happen with my car lately.   I drive a Prius and have for over 3 years.  Anyway, every so often people want to talk to me about my car. Yesterday I was at a red light and the guy next to me rolled down his window and we had a coversation about everything from mileage in town vs on the road to what the best color for the car is... all before the light turned green. I'm so not a car person it cracks me up when it happens

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2006, 08:42:24 PM »

Fans of Culture or fans of clubs?!? 8)

Or fans of Boy George

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2006, 08:42:56 PM »

Page Six Woody and Buzz Dance!!!

François de Paris

« Reply #155 on: September 09, 2006, 08:44:14 PM »

Do all local news and weather people whine about the weather?  It's hot..it's cold...it's too wet...it's too dry....I wish they'd just quit the whining and tell me what the weather is going to be.

Rant for today...this one has been eating at me every time I watch the news

They do the whining so that people watching them won't have to do it AND put the blame on them and curse them as it seems the rule!

And I have no News and Weather people in my family or friends! Amazing no?! ;)

François de Paris

« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2006, 08:46:05 PM »

Or fans of Boy George

OUR Boy George who's gonna star Can in Ball?! :)

François de Paris

« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2006, 08:49:43 PM »

I am sure .... I am sure??? I am sure of NOTHING!

Anyway.... I do think cats would NOT send cards! Certainly NOT ones with the text already printed on them!

What do you think Cill? You know about cats! They don't care about cards! They only like to lick the back of stamps and even then....
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 08:51:00 PM by François »

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2006, 08:49:58 PM »

Off to bed now.

Good night, everyone!

François de Paris

« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2006, 08:52:15 PM »

Off to bed now.

Good night, everyone!

You just sound like Mrs Potts!

"Off to bed now, Chip!"

Spit spot! No! That's Mary!

François de Paris

« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2006, 08:53:23 PM »

I'm in a NY State of mind! I had to say it! i had to! Does not make any sense but I had to say it and I did!

François de Paris

« Reply #161 on: September 09, 2006, 08:58:10 PM »

Oooohhhh, yes! I forgot!

Has any of you read that Jake Gyllenhaal is to star as Lance Armstrong in a biopic of that ....  "wonderful smiling" hero of the bicycle?!

THAT should be interesting.... and leaves me speechless!
Yes, speechless!

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2006, 08:58:48 PM »

I am sure .... I am sure??? I am sure of NOTHING!

Anyway.... I do think cats would NOT send cards! Certainly NOT ones with the text already printed on them!

What do you think Cill? You know about cats! They don't care about cards! They only like to lick the back of stamps and even then....

My cats not only send cards...they give gifts!

François de Paris

« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2006, 09:00:10 PM »

Here!

På paparazzifronten har Jake Gyllenhaal på sistone synts träna landsvägscykling med Lance Armstrong, och nu har vi den självklara förklaringen. Deadline Hollywood har getts en exklusiv bekräftelse på att Gyllenhaal följt den förre proffscyklisten som ett led i tidiga förberedelser inför en bio-pic. Något mer är ännu inte känt om projektet, utöver att Sony Pictures ligger bakom.

Att hollywood skulle göra film om Lance Armstrong var väntat, som ni säkert hört har han en dramatisk livshistoria. Som etablerad toppcyklist drabbades han av cancer, men kom sedan tillbaka och vann prestigefyllda Tour De France hela 7 år i rad. Efter den senaste vinsten 2005 drog Armstrong sig tillbaka från sporten, men de doping-rykten som hela tiden följt hans karriär är fortfarande starka. Armstrong har också en intressant personlighet som verkligen sticker ut, och som bl a retat upp nästan hela Frankrike (Se honom skämta grabbigt om sin nye polare Jake här.)

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2006, 09:00:51 PM »

Here!

På paparazzifronten har Jake Gyllenhaal på sistone synts träna landsvägscykling med Lance Armstrong, och nu har vi den självklara förklaringen. Deadline Hollywood har getts en exklusiv bekräftelse på att Gyllenhaal följt den förre proffscyklisten som ett led i tidiga förberedelser inför en bio-pic. Något mer är ännu inte känt om projektet, utöver att Sony Pictures ligger bakom.

Att hollywood skulle göra film om Lance Armstrong var väntat, som ni säkert hört har han en dramatisk livshistoria. Som etablerad toppcyklist drabbades han av cancer, men kom sedan tillbaka och vann prestigefyllda Tour De France hela 7 år i rad. Efter den senaste vinsten 2005 drog Armstrong sig tillbaka från sporten, men de doping-rykten som hela tiden följt hans karriär är fortfarande starka. Armstrong har också en intressant personlighet som verkligen sticker ut, och som bl a retat upp nästan hela Frankrike (Se honom skämta grabbigt om sin nye polare Jake här.)

Huh?

François de Paris

« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2006, 09:03:31 PM »

Oops! Sorry! Pardon my French!

Voilà!

From http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com

A Socialite's Life Image ViewerYes it’s true — I’m told Jake Gyllenhaal and Lance Armstrong are hanging at the Tour De France together because the actor is the leading contender to play the cyclist in a Sony bio pic being quietly developed. On Sunday, the two sat in a Paris hotel together with friends as American Floyd Landis stood on the podium after winning the 2006 Tour de France. Needless to say, the European press went into a speculation frenzy when the Lance and Jake first showed up together . As Saturday’s all-important Individual Time Trial began, Jake joined the seven-time TdF winner in the Discovery team car for a ride-along as Lance protégé Yaroslav Popovych pedalled away. (Lance’s Discovery team faltered without him this TdF, but Landis of Phonak took the yellow jersey and eventually won the overall race). Earlier in the day, Lance met with the Tour de France organizers to lessen the tension. Armstrong, his agent Bill Stapleton, Discovery sports manager Johan Bruyneel, and Tour de France Directors Jean Marie Blanc and Christian Prudhomme had what insiders called “a heart-to-heart discussion” aboard the Discovery bus. “The meeting went well,” Bill Stapleton said later. “Everyone left with a feeling of mutual respect.” Obviously the Tour’s assistance, while not required, would be helpful to the bio-pic. Gyllenhaal and Armstrong have become pals during Jake’s method process to get to know the sports legend. The actor of Brokeback Mountain and Jarhead fame is even a long-time cyclist and has begun training for the film. Armstrong is no stranger to Hollywood: Robin Williams used to join Lance in the Alps while Armstrong was defending his Tour titles. And Armstrong hangs with Matthew McConaughey whenever the cyclist is in Los Angeles. Also, while they were together, Lance and Sheryl Crow were fixtures on the Hollywood charity and awards circuit.

As a huge TdF fan myself, I think a Lance bio-pic is a natural: why did it take Hollywood so long to put one together? So why did it take Hollywood so long to put one together? (UPDATE: Well, Bill Gerber tried to sell it years ago after reading Armstrong’s book It’s Not About The Bike. But Warner Bros. and HBO. Then producers Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy got lucky that Columbia Pictures president of production Matt Tolmach is a cycling fanatic. I hear he can actually do some of those Tour De France-type climbs — though not as fast.) Given Armstrong’s unhappy youth, his sports prowess (first as a triathlete and then as a cyclist), his cancer battle, his Live Strong yellow wristband campaign and his cancer foundation work, his epic seven TdF titles, his rivalry with cocky Jan Ullrich and upstart Ivan Basso, his love-hate relationship with the French, and his battle against doping accusations, it’s a heckuva tale. And the studio as well as Lance are fortunate that an Oscar nominee like Gyllenhaal wants to do it. There’s even a slight resemblance between the two men, as seen in these close-ups.

François de Paris

« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2006, 09:04:25 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2006, 09:04:28 PM »

Merci!

François de Paris

« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2006, 09:05:24 PM »

My cats not only send cards...they give gifts!

I'd like to SEE that!! ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2006, 09:10:16 PM »

I'd like to SEE that!! ;D
LOL, some of the gifts you don't need to see, you can smell them from across the room~! ;)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2006, 09:12:06 PM »

Here!

I thought you promised us "speachless" >:(
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2006, 09:13:28 PM »

I'm so not a car person it cracks me up when it happens

Hey, boost your self-esteem! The guy was probably hitting on you ::)

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2006, 09:16:08 PM »

Hey, boost your self-esteem! The guy was probably hitting on you ::)

der Brucer

Naw, I know he wasn't but it was fun anyway

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2006, 09:42:27 PM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. This morning I got up before the birds to go to the mountains. So tonight I am very tired. The end.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2006, 10:27:21 PM »

Great Garage Sale news from DR MARIA....and thanks for the caveat about HOLLYWOODLAND....still interested in seeing it, I am....but the focus of the movie being Mr Nose....er I mean....Mr Brody....disturbs me.  I had big problems watching KING KONG when he was on the screen.  Whew!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2006, 10:28:02 PM »

Play went well....no controversy as yet....sold out house....nice compliments all around.....$$$$$!!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2006, 10:28:42 PM »

Just about to watch RUN TO THE SUN, a 1956 version of THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME with Richard Widmark, Jane Greer, and Peter Van Eyck...never seen it....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2006, 10:29:18 PM »

DR ELMORE....I am still on the fence about the opera DVD....but we shall see how the commissions flow at the shop tomorrow.  

François de Paris

« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2006, 10:34:18 PM »

Great Garage Sale news from DR MARIA....and thanks for the caveat about HOLLYWOODLAND....still interested in seeing it, I am....but the focus of the movie being Mr Nose....er I mean....Mr Brody....disturbs me.  I had big problems watching KING KONG when he was on the screen.  Whew!

You know what they say about men with a big nose! :D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2006, 10:35:12 PM »

...Mr Brody....disturbs me.  I had big problems watching KING KONG when he was on the screen.  Whew!

Yes, the Great Probiscus often hid the Great Ape.

der Brucer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up