Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POSTAL THIEF  (Read 13084 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE POSTAL THIEF
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 06:30:12 AM »

I have returned from the lovely breakfast that I wanted yesterday before the "no fried foods" edict stopped me: eggs over easy, sausage, and hashbrowns. I am very happy as I ponder my morning activities.
That sounds wonderful. Wish I had a plate of it all, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 06:30:20 AM »

Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 06:32:46 AM »

Great to see you, DR Jose. Come back often and soon. We're on a "My Fair Lady" high here lately, so we'll want stories of that. And what have you been eating lately?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 06:37:47 AM »

TOD: I love massages The medical benefits are amazing, especially when dealing with my carpal tunnel. About eight years ago, I had such a bad case that it seemed as if the doctor were going to have to operate. As it happened, I was set to have a massage and the regular person was absent, so i was entrusted to the care of the owner of the place, who also taught at the neighboring hospital. She correctly diagnosed the carpal tunnel without my saying anything. She called in an assistant and for the next hour, the two put me through the most intense agony of my life, with the focus being on the tight nerves in the back of my neck. Thankfully, it was a Friday because I went home, drank plenty of water, per instructions and then slept for the next two days. She told me this would happen. What she didn't say was that when I woke up on Monday, all symptoms of the carpal tunnel were gone. And they've largely stayed gone. When I feel a twinge in either wrist, I just get a massage and it takes care of it for months, if not longer.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 06:54:49 AM »

DR JOSE!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 06:55:09 AM »

I have not had a massage in all of my more than 61 years.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 06:55:52 AM »

I am hoping for some rain today.  I will also attend my first THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE rehearsal this evening.  I have not heard from the director of SEE HOW THEY RUN - either way.....   Time will tell.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 06:56:36 AM »

Shocking story about the USPS......too many CD's for personal use.....someone must be selling them to a dealer or a store.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 06:57:12 AM »

Yes indeed that is Annette's Studio City house - across the street from MR BK.  So is that the house that Gina and her husband now occupy?

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 07:22:57 AM »

Nice to see a post from DR Jose!

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 07:54:34 AM »

Welcome back DR Jose! You were missed!! But your return has made my day!

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 07:55:22 AM »

DR Jose, I am very excited to know that you will be in Portland! Hopefully, you will have time for me to show you the sights of the city!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 08:04:13 AM »

And it's almost time to begin moving the cartons to the lobby. Oy! This will amuse the super.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 08:22:57 AM »

TOD:

I've had some wonderful (and not-so-wonderful) massages.  The two best were:

1.  Went to a spa in Calistoga back in 1992.  Started with a mud bath (very interesting but thoughts of what "other than mud" might be in there kept me distracted).  After scraping off the mud and showering, entered a mineral bath (but quickly discovered the warm water elevated my blood pressure) for a few minutes.  Then came the full-bodied herbal wrap.  OOOOOOOOH!  That was a little bit of heaven.  When it was time to be unwrapped and moved on to the massage, I remember thinking I didn't need the massage.  I was SO relaxed already.  But the massage was paid for and off I went.  It was all upper torso...no legs...but it totally melted me.  When it was over and I was told I could dress and leave, I wanted to protest "No! No! You must wheel me into a recovery room!".   I forced myself to dress.   Walking around Calistoga was surreal.   My sleep that night was "of the dead".   It was great!

2.  This past December 29, I was at the Atlanta airport with about 90 minutes to kill before my flight back to San Francisco.  I found they had massage centers (or "oases") in the various terminals.  I went to one, checked the posted services and chose a 15-minute massage.  It seemed to last much longer, but it was thorough, and totally debilitating.  The masseuse had magic fingers, especially around the neck and head areas.  I was transported (and needed to be).  Three weeks of holiday stress melted away.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 08:30:34 AM »

Hmmmmm.....one actress has received a call.....last night.....telling her of her role in SEE HOW THEY RUN.  Still no call or email for me.

This tells me that he is keeping me in his pocket while he looks for someone else.....anyone else.....to do the part that I want.

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 08:35:35 AM »

An actor's life, DR Jrand!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »

Indeed DR MBARNUM.....indeed.

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 08:43:01 AM »

TOD:

I love a good massage. I love a bad massage. Well, I don't know that I have ever had a bad one.

Over the last 10 years I have treated myself to a massage every now and then, particularly when I was having back and/or shoulder problems. I had been going to a great guy here in Salem named Robert, who specializes in Shiatsu, but he is usually quite booked up, so a few weeks back I tried a a different guy, name of Mark. My buddy Jim recommended him. Mark works out of the place where Jim gets his hair cut.

Well, Mark is now my massage person of choice. He is truly the best and I already booked him for next month.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 08:43:49 AM »

Boy, I guess I picked the wrong day to be E & T.  Yesterday, I missed the return of Jose (the title of my next book); his announcement of a West Coast swing (the title of my next square dance); and, last but not least, BK's enigmatic posts (the title of something) which I still don't understand.

Anyway, yesterday my P. T. appointment was scheduled for an hour later than usual.  That meant I didn't get out of there until 12:45.  Then I took my sister out to lunch at the "hot and jumping" new restaurant in town.  Since it is a waterfront restaurant, and since it was getting ready to rain when we got to the place, it was not quite the "hot and jumping" place it is at other times.  Still, the food was great, the restaurant was nice (but loud), and a good time was had by my sister and by me.

By the time I got home, my left leg was really cramping, so I decided to go to bed and rest.  Well, that was all she wrote.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »

Sitting in my car in Kroger's parking lot while a torrential thunderstorm rages outside.  I thought I could make it home from the Y, but the rain and wind were too much.  Fortunately, I'd opted not to take the hilly country route home!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 08:45:23 AM »

Hmmmmm.....one actress has received a call.....last night.....telling her of her role in SEE HOW THEY RUN.  Still no call or email for me.

This tells me that he is keeping me in his pocket while he looks for someone else.....anyone else.....to do the part that I want.

Maybe they can't afford all of your agent's demands, DR JRand61!

I have 14 cartons in the lobby now, and the AC and fans in my apartment feel wonderful. Four to go.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 08:46:22 AM »

TOD - no massages for me.  I bruise too easily...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 08:49:23 AM »

Mom left me a voicemail while I was in the pool.  Her X-ray was negative for pneumonia - thanks for the vibes!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »

LOL DR ELMORE -  yes, I imagine that's it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 08:59:46 AM »

Good news from DR GINNY!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2012, 09:11:18 AM »

good morn to all.

How are you feeling, Mike?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2012, 09:12:20 AM »

Mom left me a voicemail while I was in the pool.  Her X-ray was negative for pneumonia - thanks for the vibes!
That's wonderful news.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »

I have a friend who has had too much heartache recently, except for the birth of her grand child.  Will you please help her by voting for her granddaughter's bedroom.  You don't have to sign up for anything, just vote for Ashlynn's Nursery 

http://projectnursery.com/2012/07/vote-july-room-finalists-2/

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:24:09 AM by Jane »

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2012, 09:22:13 AM »

Home!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2012, 09:23:09 AM »

I'm up, thanks to another tree-trimmer ringing my doorbell at nine, wanting to give me a quote.  I gave him a quote: "Nevermore."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up