Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE JOGGING JEW  (Read 36096 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE JOGGING JEW
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2006, 04:56:44 PM »

I am my own frenzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2006, 04:58:21 PM »

Page 6 ice cream dance

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2006, 05:00:37 PM »

more dancing ice cream

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2006, 05:00:55 PM »

Congrats to DR Maria's DD - it's such a relief when our kids select state schools!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2006, 05:07:39 PM »

Reality Check:  Yesterday I bought a copy of the April issue of Teen People.  Yes, on purpose - I'd read in one of my professional pubs that it contains an article about 20 teens who are changing the world that I wanted to have for my Youth in Philanthropy file.  Anyway, it fell open to the article titled "The Best Bands from Before You Were Born."  They are:

The Beatles
Queen
AC/DC
The Beach Boys
The Jackson 5
Blondie
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
ABBA
The Ramones

Oy, do I feel old!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2006, 05:08:17 PM »

Now, I want ice cream!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2006, 05:16:22 PM »

This is first Food TOD that has not made me hungry....in fact just the opposite!

My sentiments, exactly. :P

I've always been a picky (meaning not adventurous) eater and a lot of foods have a high "icky" factor to me, so I don't even try them.  Which is why I weigh what I do (details NOT upon request :-X).  Anyway, when I paid off my credit cards, I promised myself that I'd do something about it, again, now that I can afford it.  So, I won't be the first to lose 10 pounds, but lose it I will, and more.  I'm going to do NutriSystem and take it all off (a Jerry Herman reference).  I ordered the first month's package this past weekend, but it'll take six to ten business days for it to arrive.  

What's really funny (and not so funny) is that in all of the photos on the website of people who've lost 30 pounds or more, it says "results not typical."  Losing 30 pounds isn't typical??  That doesn't instill much confidence. ::) But I've done meal replacements once before and lost 121 pounds, so I know I can do it.  And this is real food.  The last (and only other) time I lost weight was with shakes (which I didn't mind, but it got boring), so this should be easy. ;D

So, continue to talk about ice cream and other assorted treats.  That won't bother me.  At all. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2006, 05:23:55 PM »

Busy afternoon - I went and made 16 copies of the new musical, then came back and played through the entire score.  I still had one bit of music for an intro verse to compose, which I did.  I'm trying to get David's two and a half melodies into my fingers, and just trying to smooth everything out so I know what I'm doing come Thursday.  The good news is, I liked the score.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »

Maria congratulations on the wonderful news.  

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2006, 06:39:56 PM »

Thanks everyone for the DD congrats. I'm proud of her.

Always a nice surprise to go back to something you've created and realize you actually like it. Congrats, bk.

Soon I'm off for dinner at a little French joint up the street. (Perhaps I'll have candied snails, followed by tongue au gratin. With a side dish of pickled brain.)
Or perhaps not.
Au revoir, mes amis.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 06:41:07 PM by Maria »

Jane

« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2006, 06:49:14 PM »

George I wish you success with the NutriSystem.

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

Good luck George. I really hope your diet is easy for you and very successful

I need to lose many pounds..I gained back about 30 after I quit smoking.  Anyway, as my secretary says "I would give up anything to lose weight...well, except food, that is"

Jane

« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2006, 07:02:17 PM »

Cillaliz are you still craving cigarettes?  

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2006, 07:03:22 PM »

Great news for the DD.  Congratulations to you both and your bank account DR Maria.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2006, 07:03:31 PM »

No. Haven't had one since October 25th and haven't craved one in months and months. Just enjoying food.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 07:03:45 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2006, 07:05:32 PM »

That's great!  

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

well, it would be better if I was enjoying less food

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2006, 07:12:18 PM »

A young ventriloquist is touring the clubs and one night he's doing a show in a small town in Arkansas.

With his dummy on his knee, he starts going through his usual dumb blonde jokes when a blonde woman in the 4th row stands on her chair and starts shouting:

"I've heard enough of your stupid blonde jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype women that way?

“What does the color of a person's hair have to do with her worth as a human being?

“It's guys like you who keep women like me from being respected at work and  in the community and from reaching our full potential people.  

“You and your kind continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blondes, but women in general and all in the name of humor!"

The embarrassed ventriloquist begins to apologize, when the blonde yells:

"You stay out of this, mister! I'm talking to that little creep sitting on your knee."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2006, 07:14:11 PM »

I shall be VERY lucky if I'm able to sleep tonight as I've slept away the afternoon.

I hope I'm just recharging batteries.

I am mentally alert and feel okay, although I admit to having the sensations of being a bit "spacy"!

Oh, well....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2006, 07:29:23 PM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to a yummilicious dinner at The Smoke House, with our very own Miss Tammy Minoff.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2006, 07:29:45 PM »

I've eaten octopus (not crazy about it but it's not as bad as I thought it would be). I have looked at Blood Pudding (AKA black sausage and other things) and I have smelled lutefisk (I grew up in Minnesota) but I have never been brave enough to hold my mouth open long enough to slide some of the offending material down "my gaping maw" to quote a certain "arch"  ;) writer we all know and love.

Ben tried lutefisk once and never again....

I have also had Buffalo meat and deer.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2006, 07:29:46 PM »

well, it would be better if I was enjoying less food

Unfortunately that doesn't always stop me from eating.   ;D

Fortunately I feel so uncomfortable when I gain weight I have to diet.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2006, 07:34:43 PM »

Exotic foods?

Do grits count?

My experience with grits is not really pleasant. I was on a 4H trip to Washington DC and in the dining area for breakfast and they had a variety of eats set up for breakfast. I was in line and and I asked the woman behind the counter what they were....

She replied Grits....

I asked if that is what they fed chickens. Up to that day I had never heard of them.

I have tried squid once and I was not impressed.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »

Quote from M Barnum yesterday:
Judging from that photo, my guess would be a furball.

Oh....TCB....oh!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2006, 07:37:46 PM »

Ben, there are a lot of airfare sales ending tomorrow, so you may want to shop for flights tonight
Yeah, but just be careful about booking Delta....the pilots may strike.

And you don't wanna be in a plane without a pilot!

:D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2006, 07:37:52 PM »

I did try venison once-yuck.

THe deer around here literally graze in the grain fields and tend to taste not as wild as what you might find in northern MN or Canada.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2006, 07:40:29 PM »

Oh I've eaten rabbit too.

so have I. I have also eaten duck, capon, goose (not really keen on it), veal, lamb, and pheasant...

Have tried moose and bear and I was not impressed.

Jane

« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2006, 07:40:47 PM »

It is still light out- love the time change.

'night

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2006, 07:41:03 PM »

Only 20 minutes before "American Idol" starts playing here.  

I've already been to the IdolonFox boards, but the fans are so...well... FANATICAL...that I seldom find anything posted that resembles what I experience when I watch.

So....even though I've "read" that several usually good singers totally suck tonight, I'm gonna give it a go.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2006, 07:41:41 PM »

Have tried moose and bear and I was not impressed.

Imagine the moose's and bear's point of view.

:D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 07:43:05 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up