Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: FORTY WHIPLASHES  (Read 43903 times)

François

Re:FORTY WHIPLASHES
« Reply #270 on: July 27, 2007, 04:12:05 PM »

That is the title of my next novella:  Vegetables: Friend, or Foe?

The German version will definitely be:

"Fegetables: Vriend or Voe?"!

François

« Reply #271 on: July 27, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »

Can't we all just get along?

But where is "along"?

François

« Reply #272 on: July 27, 2007, 04:14:10 PM »

The word for today is "ratatouille!"......

singdaw

« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »

But where is "along"?

Hey, like -

Far out, man!    8)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: July 27, 2007, 04:21:05 PM »

I'm just sitting here playing on the Internet, having just read all the one-star reviews for the new Lindsay Lohan movie, I Know Who Killed Me, which Tri-Star has conveniently not screened for major critics.  Of the minor "critics" (judging by their photos, all idiot kids with websites, which is why rottentomatoes is ridiculous), and one legit critic, this must be one of the only movies with no positive reviews on that site.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2007, 04:21:24 PM »

I won't be eating dinner until around eight tonight.

Cillaliz

« Reply #276 on: July 27, 2007, 04:24:03 PM »

Well last year I took jhvw on the fall New York trip....this year I invited my niece Samantha and she will be joining me for NYMF!  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:33:16 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #277 on: July 27, 2007, 04:27:13 PM »

Sam has an incredible voice. She was Audrey in The Little Shop of Horrors that I raved about last year.  She's never been to New York and since she'd love to be in show business, I thought she may like to come along.  
I'm really glad she said Yes

Cillaliz

« Reply #278 on: July 27, 2007, 04:28:02 PM »

I told her how to get to this discussion board, so hopefully she'll be introducing herself soon.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #279 on: July 27, 2007, 04:29:25 PM »

Re:  live car chases.  On one of our trips to L.A. several years ago, we checked into our hotel and turned on the tv and there was a live chase going on on the 405, IIRC.  The guy pulled over, got out of his car and shot himself in the head, all right there on live tv.  We were aghast--we didn't even have time to react (luckily the kids were very young and not really paying attention, plus I don't think they understood what was happening anyway).  The worst part was they had a live audio feed from the studio, and the two anchors were actually laughing about it!!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #280 on: July 27, 2007, 04:33:30 PM »

Last night DR Jason posted the SWEENEY TODD movie poster:

His needs were few, his room was bare but damn--look at that view!  Can you imagine how much a place like that would go today?

Click HERE for a much larger version of this poster!  What's funny is that if you read the text exactly in the order that the words are on the poster, it says, "JOHNNY DEPP IS A TIM BURTON FILM...."

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François

« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2007, 04:33:54 PM »

Re:  live car chases.  On one of our trips to L.A. several years ago, we checked into our hotel and turned on the tv and there was a live chase going on on the 405, IIRC.  The guy pulled over, got out of his car and shot himself in the head, all right there on live tv.  We were aghast--we didn't even have time to react (luckily the kids were very young and not really paying attention, plus I don't think they understood what was happening anyway).  The worst part was they had a live audio feed from the studio, and the two anchors were actually laughing about it!!

I can't wait to have that implanted in France!
You sure know what "entertainment" is in the US!! :-\

Cillaliz

« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2007, 04:35:05 PM »

Samantha is young, tall and beautiful. She has a great personality and I think you guys are going to love her

François

« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2007, 04:35:07 PM »

Click HERE for a much larger version of this poster!  What's funny is that if you read the text exactly in the order that the words are on the poster, it says, "JOHNNY DEPP IS A TIM BURTON FILM...."

;D
SWEENEY TODD the Perfect Christmas film for the family!! ;)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2007, 04:39:37 PM »

Did I just see who I thought I saw at the end of Extra tonight?!?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #285 on: July 27, 2007, 04:40:04 PM »

On a smaller but similar level, something happened to me in the third grade, which has stayed with me for some strange reason.  I had left my dictionary in my cubby at the back of the room and passed a note to Jacob who sat in the back to pass my dictionary to me.  Ann Berdy was one of the students through whom the note had to be passed and she raised her hand and told the teacher I was passing notes.  The teacher looked annoyed with me at first, but then opened the note and saw that I was just asking for my dictionary, and smiled and did nothing further, more upset with Ann Berdy's being disruptive than with me, since I was just trying to quietly get something related to my school work.  So the name Ann Berdy has lived in playful infamy - I forgave immediately, but that was one person I never trusted.  And if she ever googles herself and sees this story, i hope she's grown up to be less of an evil tattletale than she was in the third grade.  :)

LOL FJL. this is a great story!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #286 on: July 27, 2007, 04:44:43 PM »

SPILL!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #287 on: July 27, 2007, 04:46:15 PM »

Good afternoon, fellow Dear Readers.

I have long maintained that there are too many helicopters flying over town. If something happens in the neighborhood, the noise if deafening.

Well, about an hour and half ago, five news choppers and a police chopper were following a police chase. Two news choppers collided mid-air and all four people on board were killed.

That's very sad, at least the police chopper wasn't involved.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #288 on: July 27, 2007, 04:47:02 PM »

Was it BK and Lindsay Lohan or DR Jose and Carol Burnett?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #289 on: July 27, 2007, 04:47:32 PM »

In today's UPS shipment:

The MGM musicals box (Finally!)
The Mummy HD DVD
The Mummy Returns HD DVD
Krups 1 1/2 qt. ice cream maker (Amazon's gold box special on Wednesday)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #290 on: July 27, 2007, 04:48:34 PM »

Was it BK and Lindsay Lohan or DR Jose and Carol Burnett?

Was it FJL and Ally Sheedy?

Or DR Jason and  Bernadette Peters?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #291 on: July 27, 2007, 04:49:02 PM »

SWEENEY TODD the Perfect Christmas film for the family!! ;)

The perfect one for me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #292 on: July 27, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »

The perfect one for me.

Are you looking forward to this one, Larry?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #293 on: July 27, 2007, 04:50:59 PM »

Was it Hugh Jackman and TPunk?

Or vixmom and an Elvis impersonator?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2007, 04:52:06 PM »

Are you looking forward to this one, Larry?

Very much.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »

While we're in New York, I do want to take Sam to a Broadway show...I know it will be a lot in the little time we have.  Of course I'd be happy to see CURTAINS for the 6th time, but I'm thinking since her response to my invitation was OMG about 10 times, Legally Blonde may be the show.  Any suggestions...it will be her first trip to New York and her first Broadway show

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2007, 04:57:12 PM »

Click HERE for a video segment of Lynda Carter talking about "Hollywood's Obsession with Thin."  They did the interview in a recording studio and mention that she's got a new cabaret act that they're recording for release in the fall, but I didn't see BK anywhere. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2007, 04:57:15 PM »

Cilla-How young is Samantha?  I look forward to meeting her, unfortunately I still doubt it will be in NY.

Jane

« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2007, 05:00:58 PM »

While we're in New York, I do want to take Sam to a Broadway show...I know it will be a lot in the little time we have.  Of course I'd be happy to see CURTAINS for the 6th time, but I'm thinking since her response to my invitation was OMG about 10 times, Legally Blonde may be the show.  Any suggestions...it will be her first trip to New York and her first Broadway show

WICKED.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »

As soon as BK and Vinnie saw the cameras, they vamoosed right the hell out of there.  They did shoot b-roll as she was singing, so I know we're in those shots, but I hope they never ever show them.  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up