Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OLDIES BUT GOODIES  (Read 24801 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:OLDIES BUT GOODIES
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2004, 08:37:24 PM »

Uncle Woody (and everyone): I watched Casablanca with my aunt last Saturday. I loved it. :D
I had a hunch you would!   :D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2004, 08:45:25 PM »

When in tarnation are you gonna burn your home fries pour moi?

Whenever you're avaialble, td.  (I was going to say whenever you are free, but decided not to go there.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 08:46:57 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2004, 08:46:08 PM »

Have I told you lately, Dear Reader Jay, that I love you? ? ?

:-*
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

td

• td
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2004, 08:48:13 PM »

Whenever you're avaialble, td.  (I was going to say whenever you are free, but decided not to go there.)

For you, Dear Reader TCB, my time availability is UNLIMITED.  ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2004, 08:48:26 PM »

Special note to DR Jane: I think you might enjoy a good mint tea!  The mint is cooling, and helps clear the nasal passages.  Sweetened with a little honey, it should help, or at the very least taste wonderful.

Which reminds me, der Brucer bought a lamb roast last time we were at Sam's Club.  I've never been a big fan of mint jelly (which is mostly apple jelly with mint flavor added), but a mint sauce would be very good.  Essentially, that's finely chopped fresh mint, sugar, and vinegar, brought to a boil and then let to sit, steeping in as much mint flavor as possible.

But tomorrow we're probably off to babysit the grandlads, as the son-in-law is celebrating a birthday (for which der B's daughter has nothing planned).  Hopefully we'll be able to throw the parents out of the house for a few hours for dinner and a flick, and give the grandlads some quiet time with Grampa and me.  Mint sauce will have to wait.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

td

• td
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2004, 08:48:52 PM »

Jed

« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2004, 08:53:31 PM »

I don't burn home fries... only dish towels.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Kerry

« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2004, 09:04:44 PM »

td,

I am happy.  Thanks for the pic.  And thank you Jack and Tom and Laura (both of them).  It's like having a whole HHW family!
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2004, 09:05:04 PM »

So it's plural now Jed. Are you slow learner?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2004, 09:05:55 PM »

Hope you enjoy your moonlight swim Kerry.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2004, 09:14:01 PM »

For you, Dear Reader TCB, my time availability is UNLIMITED.  ;)

Ah, td, you are wonderful!

“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2004, 09:17:25 PM »

Back from BIG prime rib dinner.  Thank you all for keeping the home fries burning and keep it up.  I now have to go back to the galley and proof, but I'll be checking in every fifteen minutes or so to give my eyes a break.

Welcome back, Laura II.  Now, where in tarnation IS Maya?

td

• td
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2004, 09:19:35 PM »

You, Dear Reader TCB are a treasure!  A genuine treasure! ! !

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2004, 09:19:45 PM »

Going back to the galley should enable you to keep the home fries FROM burning BK.
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2004, 09:20:49 PM »

td,

I am happy.  Thanks for the pic.  And thank you Jack and Tom and Laura (both of them).  It's like having a whole HHW family!

I'm so happy you're so happy  ;D

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2004, 09:27:02 PM »

Got some reading to do in bed. Shutting down the computer for tonight 'cause my back is killing me from sitting and writing all day. That's not exactly true - I did a lot of staring at the screen without writing - but eventually the words came. 'Night, all.

Jed

« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2004, 09:33:13 PM »

Hahaha!  No, Tomovoz, not plural...yet, thanks to my handy dandy oven mitt that I got a few days after "the incident." :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2004, 09:43:35 PM »

Hahaha!  No, Tomovoz, not plural...yet, thanks to my handy dandy oven mitt that I got a few days after "the incident." :D

Okay, sonny boy, where have you been hiding?  Now, if your half-brother, Jose, would check in, I could stop worrying.
“One thing’s universal,

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2004, 09:44:29 PM »

Back from BIG prime rib dinner.  Thank you all for keeping the home fries burning and keep it up.  I now have to go back to the galley and proof, but I'll be checking in every fifteen minutes or so to give my eyes a break.

Gosh BK, in the old days you would have told us at what restaurant you ate this BIG prime rib, what you had besides the prime rib, how you enjoyed your meal, with whom you dined, what each of your dining companions ordered, what the server was like, what individual or individuals you unexpectedly ran into at the restaurant, and what you wore.

I guess you're just too BUSY for all that now.  
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2004, 09:46:16 PM »

You could call "Long Distance Information - give me Memphis Tennessee" to find Jose. He may have a direct line to the Jacuzzi.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2004, 09:50:46 PM »

Good evening!

Well, it was day one of the Unified Professional Theatre Auditions here in Memphis, TN.  A long day, but a pretty nice one.  The actor's briefing was at 8:00, the company briefing at about 8:40, and the auditions started at 9:00.  So, about 210 people later, we finished the main part of the day at 5:00.  Right on schedule.  -We did get a lunch break, and the lunch provided by the hotel was quite tasty - smothered chicken!

No real crash and burns today, but no one truly spectacular either.  However, a pretty good level of talent nonetheless.  The choice of songs was pretty good, and there were only a few repeats.  However, there were two songs that were sang at least once in each group of 25.  Only because I don't want to "jinx" myself for the remaining to days, I won't give the titles of the songs.  However, I will say that they are both by the same composer, and both songs involve multiple changes of tempo and feel.  -And I'm sure DR Noel will agree with me (I hope ;)) - any time you have to give FOUR different tempo indications for a 40 second cut of a song you're using for an audition, then you should pick another song.  Oh, and one of the songs was written as a dance number, not as a singer's number, so... One girl commented to me when she came back to the piano to get her music, "Hmm.... That song really doesn't show off the voice does it?".  And it doesn't - most of the song features the same five notes (but a lot of words).  It was written as a big dance production number, not as a spotlight for the star's voice.  Even the big belted note is not that high... nor held that long.  -It's that whole good song vs. a song you like vs. a good audition song.

Before I started my callbacks for Disney, I was able to grab dinner with my friend, Michael.  We went to the Indian place nearby, and had a very good meal.  -And I ended up with a four dinner break!  And Disney only called back two people, so I was done in 15 minutes!  Then it was over to the Kwik-Stop to pick up some snacks, back to the hotel room, TV, laptop... and now HHW...

And now the day is finally catching up with me... getting a bit sleepy...  Which my also explain my slightly incoherent post so far...

So...

RE: Robert Redford - To me, it looks like his sun tanning has caught up with him.  Sun damage.  I have a feeling that if he had had some work done, he would look better than he does right now.

DR Jane - I also tend to let things run their course, but a friend of mine suggested those Zicam products.  And they really do help me - especially when I feel a cold coming on.  And they're homeopathic too.  May be worth a try if your symptoms persist.

Well, I'm pooped- I may modify this post later down the line - or not...  To many misplaced modifiers and dangling participles.

???

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura II

« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2004, 09:50:56 PM »

Jed has been looking at pictures that I've been showing him. (That sounds bad, but it's not, really!) Anyway, he's around, so don't worry! :)

Goodnight all! (Yes, Tomovoz, I've learned that people sleep at this hour! :))
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Ben

« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2004, 09:52:19 PM »

It's 12:48am EST. I'm not usually up this late but Anthony is out on Long Island and I just finished burning some CDs instead of home fries so I thought I would check in. I doubt that I will join the late nite denizens, though you are a fun bunch (maybe a funny bunch). Having brunch tomorrow with my two best friends (besides Anthony) to celebrate my birthday. One was sick and the other was busy on the day of, so we will be brunching and talking and watching movies all the live long day.

If there is chat tomorrow (actually late tonight) I will try to attend.

Jed

« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2004, 09:58:28 PM »

Sorry, Dad!  Not hiding, just not online a whole lot and/or not a whole lot to say the last day or two, I guess.  Finally getting a decent amount of work again (after a horrendously slow January), so all is well and good in Wenatchee.  At least, as well and good as things can really be in Wenatchee. :)

Reminds me of John Keister on Almost Live (was a Seattle based sketch comedy show, for those who don't know of what I speak) in the mid 90s or so...
"A doctor in Wenatchee was charged this week with over-prescribing Prozac to his patients.  This raises the question... Is there really such a thing as too much Prozac if you live in Wenatchee?" :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 10:02:39 PM by Jed »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2004, 10:00:42 PM »

The Pogues and I ate at Valley Inn, a steak house in Sherman Oaks.  It was jammed, and they had a huge party going on in a private room, so the food took forever to get to us and the service was ridiculous.  But the meal was great as was the company.

Jed

« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2004, 10:04:57 PM »

Jed has been looking at pictures that I've been showing him. (That sounds bad, but it's not, really!)

No, it's not bad... not bad at all!!! ;)

Sorry, Laura, couldn't resist. :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 10:07:58 PM by Jed »

Tomovoz

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2004, 10:13:52 PM »

Good night (well evening for me)all. See you tomorrow. Magnus & Fosca assure me that my priorities need to be changed!
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2004, 10:16:19 PM »

LOL, Jed!
“One thing’s universal,

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2004, 10:47:16 PM »

Jed is now looking at pics of Laura?  Let the canoodling begin!
I too blew my diet today.  I hadn't eaten anything all day, so I had a hamburger at a tavern we have in eburg.  Sinful yes, but damn good.  
I am on so much cold medicine right now, it's not even funny...my head is in the clouds.  Sleep will be soon

Jed

« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2004, 11:08:05 PM »

Ahh, burgers at The Tav.  One of the few things I miss about Ellensburg.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up