Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CATCHING THE WORM  (Read 31897 times)

Jennifer

Re: CATCHING THE WORM
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2008, 10:28:07 AM »

Arrrgh!  Once again I forgot about taping THE AMAZIN' RACE so I once again have to resort to watching it in bite-sized bits on YouTube.  But that's better than not seeing it all I guess. 

Thanks once again to DR Jennifer for finding them for me!

I'm not sure what the difference would be watching all the clips on the CBS website. I know for some odd reason they do not show the entire episode. But they do have a lot of clips.

I guess you should set your recording to record every week!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2008, 10:31:50 AM »

Just got the OK to do The Producers.  Jose, what are you doing on August 14 and 15 next year?  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2008, 10:33:57 AM »

I also love the lyrics to Love Is a Many Splendored Thing...

Well, if you're gonna be that way about it...

Once I had a secret love
That lived within the heart of me
All too soon my secret love
Became impatient to be free

So I told a friendly star
The way that dreamers often do
Just how wonderful you are
And why I am so in love with you

Now I shout it from the highest hills
Even told the golden daffodils
At last my heart's an open door
And my secret love's no secret any more.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2008, 10:42:18 AM »

You know, DR SWW - D. Day is one of those singers - who when they sing a song - well, it's been sung.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2008, 10:49:36 AM »

And, as long as I'm in a Doris Day mood...

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, "What will I be?
Will I be pretty, will I be rich?"
Here's what she said to me:

"Keep your knickers on
Be quiet, don't bother me
My head has gone out to sea
Keep your knickers on
Be quiet, just for me."

(Doris Day's mommy had a hangover that morning.   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »

Vibes for DR Cilla's friend steve. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2008, 10:52:58 AM »

I have a question for DR jose (or anyone else) re: kids and hospitals.

When my aunt was in the hospital (i guess my niece was only 1) we were wondering whether it was okay to bring her (since there are so many germs). I remember seeing a lot of kids walking around the halls visiting.

But I spoke with a nurse who worked there and she said she would never ever bring a child to a hospital to visit a patient (unless it was to the nursery).

I was reading about DR jose's whole family with all the kids going to visit and  i was just wondering if it was a concern. Or was that nurse just being overly cautious.

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2008, 11:02:41 AM »

Okay this is very odd.

Since so many people here keep mentioning facebook and since my sister-in-law is a member and i wanted to join because of her, i signed up today.

And there were already 2 people set up who had wanted to be my friends. one is my uncle. But the other i don't know. It is very odd that there would be people waiting!

Btw, if anyone wants to be my friend find me (since i have no idea how this works or if i'll even find my sister-in-law).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »

DR JENNIFER welcome to the 21st century.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2008, 11:08:20 AM »

Jennifer, one reason for not bringing a child to a hospital has nothing to do with germs.  Children can find seeing a relative ill very disturbing.  Heck, I know adults who can't stand going to hospitals to visit people, for that exact reason.

Nurseries, being filled with newborn life, are very different.  And, of course, no one expects the patients there to be bursting with conversation.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2008, 11:24:26 AM »

Okay this is very odd.

Since so many people here keep mentioning facebook and since my sister-in-law is a member and i wanted to join because of her, i signed up today.

And there were already 2 people set up who had wanted to be my friends. one is my uncle. But the other i don't know. It is very odd that there would be people waiting!

Btw, if anyone wants to be my friend find me (since i have no idea how this works or if i'll even find my sister-in-law).

It's not odd--the same thing happened to me, too.  If you notice, in your Add Friends menu, you can send out invites to your address book, so your Uncle must have done that some time ago, and now that you've signed on, it recognized your email address and posted the people who had sent you invites from their address book.  Or something like that.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2008, 11:47:42 AM »

I agree with what DR Jose and other DRs have said about jogging vs walking. And about eating little meals throughout the day (vs one meal of the day).

It literally made me cringe when i read that after the chicken soup anyone would even think of not eating again for the rest of the day.

Although i wonder if walking and eating a bunch of little meals would have the same effect on someone who doesn't really have much more weight to lose. I do think it sounds a lot healthier.

Had you read on, you would have seen that I did indeed eat after the chicken soup - eggs and an English muffin, carrots, etc.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2008, 11:49:46 AM »

I'm back from my adventures in midtown. My friend Curtis is certainly a wonderful composer; I like his music very much. I thought the cast, which included Lauren Kennedy, Nick Wyman, and Jose Llana, and the band were wonderful.  It would have been nice to see Brad Haak, the musical director, after, but it was quite a crush of people. Besides the wonderful composer Skip  Kennon, it was nice to see my friends Richard Norton, Mark Robinson, Stephanie Rhodes of the 42nd Street Moon Company in San Francisco, our E&T DR Julie, and Jim Morgan. I had several friends besides Curtis and tom with this show doing presentations today and tomorrow and I wish them all well.

Now, I have to schlep my laundry down the street since the ass who's wife left him because he beat her up once too often - there's a story here - is taking up the laundry room this afternoon, may he rot in hell. He's an ugly man.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2008, 12:09:14 PM »

I have a question for DR jose (or anyone else) re: kids and hospitals.

When my aunt was in the hospital (i guess my niece was only 1) we were wondering whether it was okay to bring her (since there are so many germs). I remember seeing a lot of kids walking around the halls visiting.

But I spoke with a nurse who worked there and she said she would never ever bring a child to a hospital to visit a patient (unless it was to the nursery).

I was reading about DR jose's whole family with all the kids going to visit and  i was just wondering if it was a concern. Or was that nurse just being overly cautious.

Actually, depending on what's going around, they'll keep kids under 12 from visiting.  Other times, anyone is allowed (at least at the hospitals here).
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2008, 12:11:51 PM »

TOD:

Here's a favorite verse:

You know the feeling
Of something half-remembered,
Of something that never happened
Yet you recall it well.

You know the feeling
Of recognizing someone
That you've never met
As far as you could tell;
Well......
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2008, 12:12:39 PM »

I'm back from my adventures in midtown. My friend Curtis is certainly a wonderful composer; I like his music very much. I thought the cast, which included Lauren Kennedy, Nick Wyman, and Jose Llana, and the band were wonderful.  It would have been nice to see Brad Haak, the musical director, after, but it was quite a crush of people. Besides the wonderful composer Skip  Kennon, it was nice to see my friends Richard Norton, Mark Robinson, Stephanie Rhodes of the 42nd Street Moon Company in San Francisco, our E&T DR Julie, and Jim Morgan. I had several friends besides Curtis and tom with this show doing presentations today and tomorrow and I wish them all well.

Now, I have to schlep my laundry down the street since the ass who's wife left him because he beat her up once too often - there's a story here - is taking up the laundry room this afternoon, may he rot in hell. He's an ugly man.

Send the man in the laundry room a Japanese banana too!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2008, 12:14:31 PM »

The road you didn't take
Hardly comes to mind - does it?
The door you didn't try
Where could it have lead?
The choice you didn't make
Never was defined - was it?
Dreams you didn't dare are dead
Were they ever there - who said
I don't remember - I don't remember
At all

Stephen Sondheim - Follies

Most definitely!
I like boat races.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »

Okay this is very odd.

It's not odd--the same thing happened to me, too.  If you notice, in your Add Friends menu, you can send out invites to your address book, so your Uncle must have done that some time ago, and now that you've signed on, it recognized your email address and posted the people who had sent you invites from their address book.  Or something like that.

Explains why no one was anxiously waiting for me to join Facebook, I use a different email address. ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2008, 01:00:49 PM »

DR Jennifer, interesting question.  DR td, was your mother a nurse in a hospital?

My friend who was recently in the hospital enjoyed a few visits from her young grandson.  My guess is visits like these help the patient to recover sooner.  I think the bigger concern is if the child, or any visitor, carries germs in with them.  You wouldn't visit a patient with a child if the patient were contagious. 

I believe most hospitals have sinks for hand washing as you enter, and leave the room.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2008, 01:10:33 PM »

It's never really warmed up today as I'd hoped. I may have to break down this evening and snap on the heat to take the chill out of the house. We'll see....
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »

I spent most of the afternoon watching three of the four remaining episodes of DYNASTY. I'll get to the season finale later today.

Paul Burke was the guest star in a couple of episodes as a senator whom Alexis (Joan Collins) ruined because he tried to impede her takeover of Dever-Carrington Oil Company.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2008, 01:16:39 PM »

The penultimate episode contained that infamous cat fight between Joan Collins and Linda Evans in the lily pond of the Carrington estate. Evans was throwing punches at Collins with sound effects that made the blows sound like something Muhammad Ali might be throwing. Hilarious.

Matt H.

« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2008, 01:17:59 PM »

I did have time to skim through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest and nothing in the previews.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2008, 01:29:33 PM »

Back from the long jog, which was more of a long power walk today.  It felt good to do it and it's a beautiful day, and I'm feeling a bit better.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2008, 01:29:49 PM »

But other than getting some food, that's going to be it for today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »

I held back about twenty copies of Laurette - I always do this in case of shipments gone awry or emergencies.  Because I know so few here actually ordered it, I will sell ten of the twenty to anyone here who'd like to still get one - as I've said, it's already a collector's item, having sold out before it even shipped.  Nobody will be getting it for the published price of $15.98 (plus 3.75 shipping) - so, if you missed out this is the last chance to get it at the original price - I might even suggest getting a second one to hold onto and eventually either use for trading or to sell on eBay.

Tomovoz

« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2008, 01:41:25 PM »

Belgium

We were here also. It's like Tom used our 1988 European itinerary.

BTW, Tom, what was the Honfleur picture from yesterday which you posted to test my memory.

Inquiring minds want to know.

The old jail building Ben.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 01:43:40 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2008, 01:44:44 PM »

How wonderful to see DtM back at HHW.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2008, 01:49:59 PM »

A "play" farm over which a Queen could lose her head!

James Thurber 1957

Laura

« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2008, 01:54:29 PM »

"This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine...."
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up