Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CATCHING THE WORM  (Read 32003 times)

Ginny

Re: CATCHING THE WORM
« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2008, 08:14:57 PM »

I wonder why I can't see the pictures posted by DR Tomovoz?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #271 on: October 20, 2008, 08:15:02 PM »

I thought the favorite lyric lines would be a much more popular topic.

I got lost in his arms
And I had to stay
It was dark in his arms
And I lost my way
From the dark came a voice
And it seemed to say
There you go
There you go...

The sublime Irving Berlin

It's a great topic, Bruce, and I hope you'll do it again.  I'm just out of practice.

I still think in lyrics, though!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »

I could say life is just a bowl of Jell-O...
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #273 on: October 20, 2008, 08:29:14 PM »

It's chilly in the house, but I've been able to resist turning on the heat, and once I snuggle under the covers, I'll be fine. Of course, it'll be HELL when I try to get out from under them into the cold house in the morning, but I'll worry about that LATER.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #274 on: October 20, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »

"You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught"

Matt H.

« Reply #275 on: October 20, 2008, 08:32:27 PM »

I had a full evening of entertainment tonight. I began by finishing the DYNASTY box set. It was a pleasant walk down memory lane watching these episodes after so many years away from them. Nice to see folks like Grant Goodeve, Edward Winter, and Mark Richman making more than one visit to the show.

Of course, Grant Goodeve played Steven's lawyer who assisted him with the divorce from Sammie Jo and who later became his lover. Of course, the SECOND that Blake found out Steven wasn't celibate any more, he was on the phone to the lawyers wanted to remove Steven's son from such an UNHEALTHY environment. Seems like some folks' thinking hasn't changed much after all these years (this was made in 1983).

Matt H.

« Reply #276 on: October 20, 2008, 08:33:21 PM »

Next, I watched DEXTER. I really like the show this season, but it isn't nearly as gripping as last season (how could it be?). I am enjoying Jimmy Smits as Dexter's new best friend.

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2008, 08:35:22 PM »

Following that, I watched last night's MAD MEN in HD which had been placed on HD Free On Demand already. This was the penultimate episode of the season, and it was another remarkable one. Some GREAT set-ups for the season finale next week. And I couldn't believe it was possible but we got even more secrets from the life of Don Draper/Dick Whitman. Amazing.

Matt H.

« Reply #278 on: October 20, 2008, 08:36:50 PM »

Then it was time to watch CHUCK and speed through commercials.

Very funny, very entertaining episode, probably the best episode of the season thus far. Loved the high school guy thinking Chuck was doing all of this macho stuff as Special Agent Carmichael.

Matt H.

« Reply #279 on: October 20, 2008, 08:40:11 PM »

HEROES is finally solidly on track now that we see what's happening - why folks seem to be shiufting back and forth between evil and good.

Now, that painting that Hero and Ando see at the end of the show that identifies the four villains they need to deal with. I couldn't tell (and I paused it and looked a long time) if the villain in the upper right hand corner was Peter or Sylar. (The other three were the Petrelli father, the flame guy, and the guy who gains strength from fear. Who was the fourth?)

Matt H.

« Reply #280 on: October 20, 2008, 08:41:10 PM »

When I finished HEROES there was about 10 minutes left in CSI: MIAMI. I noticed that Chad Allen was one of the guest stars tonight. Looks like he's really in demand right now which makes me very happy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #281 on: October 20, 2008, 08:44:52 PM »

Tomorrow I am on my own.  Edith is having a tooth pulled at 1:00 PM.  She wasn't worried about it until they called her today and asked if drills and cracking bones and teeth bothered her.  LOL, I can't believe they actually said that.  They said if it didn't bother her, she wouldn't have to be put under to have it removed.  After the phone call she suddenly got nervous about the whole thing... I'm sure it will be fine but I told her to take the whole day off and if she isn't feeling ok Wednesday morning to go ahead and stay home. 

Anyway, I will be on my own for a day or so. I'm looking forward to it...for a day or so.  I get some things done that I wouldn't otherwise. I'm sure when she comes back I'll be more than ready for her to come back.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:47:16 PM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #282 on: October 20, 2008, 09:03:23 PM »

I've done more Dragnets - some very interesting episodes tonight.  I wish someone would release a proper Dragnet set - the negatives must exist somewhere - these episodes are off dupes of dupes of 16mm prints and they're horrible.  It would be so great to see this done correctly.  Surely the Jack Webb estate must have access to this material?

Matt H.

« Reply #283 on: October 20, 2008, 09:03:42 PM »

I forgot to mention that I also had time to revisit the Ultimate Edition of GOLDFINGER for about 40 minutes tonight. Always such a pleasure watching the Connery Bonds.

I got my notice that Amazon has shipped the Blu-ray Bonds which I ordered. The reviews have been nice for them, so I'll look forward to seeing the six that are being releasesd in this wave of Blu-ray releases.

Matt H.

« Reply #284 on: October 20, 2008, 09:05:11 PM »

Tomorrow I'll be reviewing the holiday release SHREK THE HALLS. It was a Christmas special last year which I watched in HD and wasn't all that wild about. It'll be interesting to see it again. It's only 22 minutes through there appear to be a fair amount of bonus features to go along with it.

Matt H.

« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2008, 09:05:38 PM »

Now, with writing completed, I'm heading down to bed.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2008, 09:06:47 PM »

I'm thinking of going to bed early again - maybe not ten, but ten-thirty or eleven.  For now, I'm going to take a nice long hot shower.  Oh, for those keeping track, today I ate a ham sandwich and a turkey sandwich, both excellent.  Also had a little red potato salad with it.  Had a huge helping of tomato, cucumbers and onions in vinegar, some chocolate licorice, and a few other little things.  It seemed just right, filled me up, and was all very calorie-friendly.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2008, 09:33:59 PM »

Good Evening!

I played auditions today.  We had about 160 people show up, and we got through all of them in a four and a half hours.  Whew!

*Alas, I ended up playing "Part of Your World" about 35 times, so... Oy!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2008, 09:40:02 PM »

When I got home a little before 11:00 tonight, I started transferring the files from my old Mac to my new Mac. I'm using Mac's "Migration Assistant" which transfers everything via a FireWire connection. Well, I thought it would only take a few minutes since it's being done via FIREWire, alas, it's going to take a couple of hours. Hopefully, it will be done by morning. So...

Pardon my brevity in some of my subsequent posts. I don't mind typing on my iPhone, but a lot of typing on my iPhone is a different story.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2008, 09:42:22 PM »

Oh... Maybe the file transfer will be done in ten or fifteen minutes. I guess it was just catching up. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2008, 09:50:57 PM »

So, I called my father earlier tonight to see how things were going with my Mom. He said she's coming home tomorrow morning!  :) However...

My Dad continued, "So, guess what happened to me?". Well, he had another dizzy spell today. However, this time he went and had some family friends - one of whom is a nurse - drive him to his own doctor to have some tests done. After a couple of hours, it was determined that he was having(?) an irregular heartbeat. :-\ However, he was actually laughing about the situation since he and my mom will now be on the same medication. I laughed too. 

Thankfully, my brother, Don, was able to drive back down to Richmond tonight to keep an eye on my Dad.  He'll also help with getting my Mom home from the hospital and getting her re-settled.

And, yes, I will definitely be heading home again next week.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2008, 09:51:56 PM »

Oh, and I ended up having a date tonight. A very nice date. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #292 on: October 20, 2008, 09:54:23 PM »

I went to the callbacks and it all went well.  I sang fairly well...and sight-read the excerpts that we sang through.  I think I read okay, but I don't care if I get a named role or just ensemble.  All the ensemble members play characters throughout the whole show and that's always been fun. 

So now, I wait. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #293 on: October 20, 2008, 09:55:41 PM »

It worked!:)  OMG is that photo of Sherlock in his tunnel cute!

Good.  I looks like you found the Edit button. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #294 on: October 20, 2008, 09:56:42 PM »

The other day someone mentioned the new ad for Direct TV using the image of the late Heather O'Rourke.  In the new edition of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, their weekly feature The Bullseye also took exception to using a young actress, who has been dead for twenty years, to hawk their product.

There was a commercial a few years ago where the late Fred Astaire was used to sell vacuum cleaners. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Kerry

« Reply #295 on: October 20, 2008, 09:57:42 PM »

This is not the time for brevity.  I want details, my good man, details!
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #296 on: October 20, 2008, 09:58:32 PM »

DR TCB - Great news about your friend, Stan!  Continued Vibes to him and his family and friends.

*And how are you doing/feeling lately, Tom?
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #297 on: October 20, 2008, 09:59:18 PM »

Whew. I am transcribing an audio interview with a very colorful starlet from the 1940s. She mostly played show girls and bit parts, with just a handful of lead roles in some PRC films.

She will at one moment talk about working with Bob Hope and then all of a sudden she will go into rants about how the phone company and Bank of America are trying to put a hit on her and that her life is in danger or how she is the descendant of some famous king of Germany.

I truly hope that the stuff about her career is not all a figment of her imagination...but I am researching as much as I can to make sure that most of what she tells me (about the Hollywood part) is logical and most likey true.

On a side note, she is now in place that is giving her good mental health care. Poor thing. She is nearly 90 years old.

Kerry

« Reply #298 on: October 20, 2008, 09:59:42 PM »

What is Ron Pulliam up to these days?  I would imagine he's having decent weather (although I haven't loooked at the weather map to see).
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »

This is not the time for brevity.  I want details, my good man, details!

That was discretion, not brevity.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up