Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LATE, LATE NOTES  (Read 30362 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE LATE, LATE NOTES
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2012, 11:50:56 AM »

Hello, three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2012, 12:03:17 PM »

Thanks for reminder about Filichia.  I don't always remember, and that's a good one because it will help to reinforce and redefine my own feelings about things to save and not to save. 

Last year I went through a purge of stuff that was taking enormous amounts of room, and tossed a huge box of community theater programs going back twenty years.  There was a lot there because, as mentioned earlier today, this region is so rich in local theater.  We have fewer of them than we did two decades ago, but I believe we're still better off than most areas around the country.

At any rate, should I wish to look something up (and I hardly ever did), all of those places keep their stuff and it's easy enough to find information about previous shows.

BUT ..... I kept every program from all of my past years in Columbus, Florida, Cleveland, L.A., etc. -- of amateur and professional productions alike.  There aren't that many of them because I wasn't the theatergoer that many of you were.  And sadly, there are a few that went missing years ago.  But the ones I have are all priceless, for one reason or another.  It's just a whole different thing.  And they take up very little space.

Of course I could feel that way someday about the accumulation of local stuff here that I got rid of.  But I thought long and hard about that, and am fine with that decision.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »

I'm up.  For some completely random and wacko reason the house alarm went off at five-thirty.  I got up, but in my groggy state it took me about three minutes to figure out how to enter the code - the first time I did it it didn't work, but it did the second time.  I didn't get back to sleep for an hour and got up after eleven and have been catching up since then.  And since I didn't get to sleep until three, well, I'm still a bit tired. 

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  I had to be outta here about 10:30 this morning to get my Mother to a doctor's appointment.  She's having a lot of difficulty coping with her advanced age and today's excursion was quite depressing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2012, 12:32:23 PM »

DR Elmore, Richard says, "Welcome to the club," because he spent the time I was gone today dealing with a fraudulent credit card charge.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2012, 12:35:28 PM »

DR Elmore, Richard says, "Welcome to the club," because he spent the time I was gone today dealing with a fraudulent credit card charge.

Cold comfort, dear, cold comfort!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2012, 12:36:38 PM »

Sorry, it's the best I can do...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2012, 12:39:59 PM »

How much was Richard bilked for?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2012, 12:46:28 PM »

Not as much as you...

I just went online and checked all my credit cards.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2012, 12:53:11 PM »

Thank you DR FJL.  The picture was taken during Thoroughly Modern Millie soon after this video was taken.....I wanted a picture, but had the camera set on movie....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIpl9zBKPds&feature=plcp

Somehow this has gotten 51 views on You Tube.....

Oh Jack, you crack me up.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2012, 12:57:50 PM »

Congratulations to DR Matthew and his DP!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2012, 12:58:30 PM »

It's time to head up to the American Academy at 155th Street. I haven't been there since January 2011, when we finished recording the Herbert songs.

ChasSmith

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »

Very sorry to hear that DR Ginny's DM is having a rough time of it.  Hope things get better.

The card frauds are scary, but in most ways the banks take care of them pretty efficiently nowadays.  Most of the time they're onto the fraud before we are.  Been there, done it, a couple of times.  However, not with a debit card like what DR Elmore is going through.  It's just wrong that the bank doesn't take that additional step of replacing funds more quickly.

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2012, 01:11:12 PM »

Very sorry to hear that DR Ginny's DM is having a rough time of it.  Hope things get better.

Thank you, DR ChasSmith.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »

In addition to Thursday Night Football, I knew there was an angel keeping me away from last night's debate.  I dislike Martha Raddatz, and with her as the moderator, I probably would have jumped off the balcony!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2012, 01:20:06 PM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  I had to be outta here about 10:30 this morning to get my Mother to a doctor's appointment.  She's having a lot of difficulty coping with her advanced age and today's excursion was quite depressing.

{{{HUGS!}}} to DR Ginny and her DM!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »

Thank you, DR TCB - same to you!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2012, 01:27:31 PM »

Not as much as you...

I just went online and checked all my credit cards.

Ironically, as I was reading these posts, I received a delivery of my new wallet.  Not only does it fit in my front pocket (for pickpocket protection), but it has a lining of RFD that shields my credit cards and my driver's license from being scanned.  This will, of course, lull me into a false sense of security until I end up being hacked, as well.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2012, 01:38:21 PM »

Lovely butterfly DR Laura.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2012, 01:40:05 PM »

DR Cilla I hope a good night's sleep helped.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2012, 01:41:55 PM »

DR Matthew CONGRATULATIONS to you and your DP.  I look forward to hearing about your Saturday nights.

John G.

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »

Lovely butterfly DR Laura.
It was, indeed.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2012, 01:43:59 PM »

Here's Streisand doing a few Jule Styne songs, including two from Gypsy.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/164719/let-her-entertain-you-see-barbra-streisands-gypsy-medley/
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2012, 01:47:39 PM »

Life only gets worse some mornings: my debit card has been hacked and someone's charged an iPhone case costing $86.29 yesterday with the email address heidi_hejazi@yahoo.com. I am not amused.

I wll have a new card in 5-7 business days. Oy!

Hacker's are never amusing!

I wonder if they can track the hacker using the email address.

Was the transaction stopped before it was shipped?  Do they even tell you this info?

Jane

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »

Not a nice way to start off your morning, DR Elmore.

True but he should be pleased with himself for catching the charges.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »

DR Elmore, checks  being cashed shouldn't oughta be a problem, I would think. Isn't your bank covering the loss in your account?

The charges have depleted my account. The bank will not redeposit the funds until I file claims of fraudulent activity. Until the money is redeposited, I will be overdrawn and charged $35/check.

:(   I thought they would help you through this.

VIBES!!!!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2012, 01:53:34 PM »

Happy thoughts keep thinking happy thoughts
Think about things you like to do
You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2012, 01:54:36 PM »

I'm so very sorry life is getting more difficult for your mother and in turn for you.  Hugs.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »

The card frauds are scary, but in most ways the banks take care of them pretty efficiently nowadays.  Most of the time they're onto the fraud before we are.  Been there, done it, a couple of times.  However, not with a debit card like what DR Elmore is going through.  It's just wrong that the bank doesn't take that additional step of replacing funds more quickly.

Or at least not charging more for overdrawn checks.  This is shocking!!!

Jane

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2012, 01:56:36 PM »

In addition to Thursday Night Football, I knew there was an angel keeping me away from last night's debate.  I dislike Martha Raddatz, and with her as the moderator, I probably would have jumped off the balcony!

Maybe you would have liked her for the debate.  She really was very good.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up