Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROOTS OF BK  (Read 8782 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE ROOTS OF BK
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2012, 10:06:47 PM »

OK, time for bed. Nighty night....vibes to all who need them.   Hopefully when I get this brief filed things will get a little less stressful

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2012, 10:06:59 PM »

Oh Look, Page 6

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »

They are redoing my parents hard wood floors after the fire.  Luckily it's been so nice out as they've been able to open windows to get some of the fumes out of the house.   So as soon as the floors are done, I will return to my prayers for snow.

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:07 PM »

Now I'm really going to bed....

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2012, 10:10:05 PM »

One more thing, to whoever has seen The Artist, I am jealous.  I asked our local theater owner about it and he said they have only released 170 copies for all of North America.  He said they don't appear to be at all interested in a wide release.  Bummer.  I'd like to see it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2012, 10:27:02 PM »

Good Evening!

Four more My Fair Ladys to go.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »

DR TCB - RE: The Music Man - They had the Equity Chorus Call (ECC) in NYC yesterday. -And the local DC auditions in early December. The Equity Principal Auditions (EPAs) will be held February 6-10. I'll be meeting with the conductor when I get back to New York City. There will be some pre-production work with the choreographer to keep me "occupied" over the next few months, as well as some orchestration "reducing" to get a head start on. I believe we go into rehearsal on April 10. First Preview is May 11. And I believe Opening Night is either May 17 or 18... And will run through July 22.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:48:41 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »

bk - Glad to hear that your computer emergency had an easy and known fix.

*If you ever happen to have another emergency, just do what you did this time: bring your computer to the store. They will always try to fit you in - since they don't want other customers looking at you waiting with a broken computer.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2012, 10:40:39 PM »

Oh...

My uncle, his wife and my cousin are here. We talked for a little while before they went to bed. Unfortunately, my uncle's wife is dealing with some sort of bad cough/cold. Hopefully, she'll be able to get a good night's rest tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2012, 10:41:39 PM »

Oh my God!  Angela Lansbury will be back on Broadway beginning in March on the revival of THE BEST MAN; as well as Eric McCormack and John Larroquette.  Wow.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.................. James Earl Jones.

And Kerry Butler too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »

Oh...

Apparently, the upcoming Kennedy Center production of Pal Joey has been cancelled.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »

DR Jose, I used to love Fresh Step Cat litter, until they did the new formula.  I have to say that the perfume scent is really over powering.  The cats smell like it the house smells like it.  Frankly, it would cover anything.  It makes me want to gag

Were you responding to something that Jose had posted?

DR TCB - Yes, she was.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2012, 10:49:19 PM »

Time for me to get comfy in the recliner - a.k.a. my bed tonight.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2012, 11:22:40 PM »

Good news. After running for 5 days, the SD card recovery programme finished scanning and recovered almost all of the 1500 photos which my sister took. We were afraid they might heve been lost for good. 

Good news, DR Doug R!

And another task I need to follow up on--my SD card has a year and a half worth of pics still on it.

Half a year...is that all?  I have an 8GB memory stick that I've been downloading stuff to that has things from the last two, count 'em TWO YEARS!  I just keep adding to that but I haven't taken them off the memory stick and put them on my computer. ::)

Not to brag, or anything.

;)

Oh, Yeah?  Well, this past fall I finally cleaned off programs from my DVR that were recorded in 2007!

Ha!

You got me there...the oldest thing that I had was about 11 hours of Obama's January 2009 Presidential Inauguration coverage on ABC.  I finally burned those onto discs just a few months ago. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2012, 11:27:58 PM »

No gift in Chelsea.

Nor in Tumwater...yet.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2012, 11:30:16 PM »

Oh my God!  Angela Lansbury will be back on Broadway beginning in March in the revival of THE BEST MAN; as well as Eric McCormack and John Larroquette.  Wow.

When I first read this, I thought it said..."Angela Lansbury will be back on Broadway beginning in March in the revival of THE BEST MAN as Eric McCormack and John Larroquette."

She's playing both of them??

;D

George

« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2012, 11:39:29 PM »

Oh Lord, I do not ever want another evening like I've just had.  Towards the end of our rehearsals, which went very well, I came back to the computer to check on e-mails.  On my computer screen was a message: You must shut down your computer now.  Hold the button down, then press the button again to restart."  It was written in several languages.  That was frightening, but I did as asked.  Then it got really frightening.  I powered it off, waited a few seconds, then pushed the button to start it up again.  And the computer began to emit three beeps over and over again and would not start.  I tried several times and kept getting the beeping.  I unplugged the computer, plugged it back in and the same thing.  Visions of losing everything began dancing in my head, even though I knew it would all be backed up on the Time Machine.   Of course, this happened at exactly 6:01 so the Apple Care people were gone.  I called the Apple Store immediately and got some guy on the phone.  I explained the problem - he didn't seem to care and said I'd have to make an appointment at the Genius Bar.  I told him to do so.

He told me there were none until tomorrow.  I told him this was an emergency and to get me a supervisor.  I got some woman who also didn't seem to care.  I said the computer was barely two weeks old and I was not having this.  She finally put a tech on who knew something.  I explained what had happened.  He asked if I'd installed extra memory, and I said yes, they'd installed extra memory.  He said he suspected that chip had jostled loose and was the culprit.  I told him it was really an emergency and that I had documents I had to work on.  He told me to come in and that they'd put me in the emergency line but that it might be a two-hour wait.

I went to the store, lugged that heavy machine up there and a nice person had me put it down, got me a stool, and let the guy know I was there.  The nice person came back and said my guy was busy with someone but would get to me as soon as he could.  Then the fellow who'd sold me the computer saw me - I told him what had happened and he said he'd talk to the guy who was going to help me.  Whatever he did worked, and ten minutes later my guy came out and took the computer in the back.  Ten minutes later he waved me to the counter and said it was exactly what he thought and that everything was fine.  He'd re-seated the chip, and then he fired up the computer and all my documents and stuff came right up.  He then shut it back down but it kept asking him if we wanted to save things that had already been saved.  To be on the safe side I had him click "save."

I lugged the thing back to my car and came home, hooked it back up, and powered it on.  None of the documents opened as they automatically should so I launched Word and then suddenly everything appeared but there were double copies of things with the wrong file names, and I suspect that whatever it was asking us to save did that.  I closed the ones that had the wrong file names and checked out the correct ones, which seemed to be fine save for one tiny little formatting thing that may have been wrong in the first place.  I fixed that.  Talk about something destroying one's concentration and focus.  I tried writing and did write a page, but I think I need to take a break for an hour and then think about doing another couple of pages after I've calmed down and my head is back where it should be.

Yikes, BK!  That was an ordeal!  Glad that it all worked out...and quickly.

George

« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2012, 11:40:15 PM »

Well, I'm caught up.

Saw the doctor, who looked at the CAT scan and was not happy with what he saw. He wants to cut out the unknown mass. There's a great likelihood it is cancerous, he said. But it's all small and caught early and will likely be removed without any problem. I will be out of work for two weeks, which is not great because, as a contractor, I don't get paid when I don't work.

:o

~~~Vibes of All Kinds for DR John G.!!~~~
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up