Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HANDS ON THE CLOCK  (Read 24188 times)

Danise

Re:THE HANDS ON THE CLOCK
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2005, 04:27:58 PM »

Hi all

Just stopping by real quick.  I just woke up and was a bit hungry/thirsty but am still pretty tired.  

Thank you all for the wonderful suport.  I'm sure it is what made the surgery go so smooth.

Vibes to the Vixter.

Talk with you all tomorrow.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2005, 04:28:18 PM »

I only said it wasn't "The Robe". My questions were possibilities.

"Diana" is going on her way to be an Archery target at the end of "The Robe". Maybe she met Demetrius on the way.
I have them all confused too DR Jane. "D & the G" was a sequel to "The Robe".

Aughghghghghghgh!  :D

If Jean Simmons was ever thrown to the lions, it would have been in "Androcles and the Lion."

However...it may be you are remembering "Quo Vadis" in which Deborah Kerr was tied to a post in the colosseum and wild lions were set loose.  She was saved by another character played by Buddy Baer who killed the lions.  This was near the end of the film, and a coup took place in which Nero was driven from the arena and hid behind some palace drapes.  Robert Taylor rescued Kerr from her bonds and the Christians all went free.

"The Robe" did star Richard Burton, Jean Simmons and Victor Mature.  "Demetrius and the Gladiators" was its sequel and starred Mature along with Susan Hayward.  There was arena fighting in this film, but no women were thrown to any lions.

Simmons later appeared as Varinia in "Spartacus."  In neither of these films were there lions.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 04:31:07 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2005, 04:28:38 PM »

I'll dance in my dreams......

Laters all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2005, 04:37:11 PM »

Thank you Ron. That will be it. Colin thanks you.
I've gone "right off" lions since suffering through the tedium of "The Lion King" on Broadway.

I did see Jean Simmons as Desirée and she did not look lion chewed despite wanting clowns to rescue her. Perhaps she was to meet Deborah "after the fair".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2005, 04:44:14 PM »

Maybe it wasn't the lions.  Did she and Victure Mature get pushed off the end of a cliff?

Jane

« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2005, 04:46:20 PM »

Danise enjoy your dance.  

Continued good recovery and hurricane vibes!

Tomovoz

« Reply #186 on: October 20, 2005, 04:50:01 PM »

Maybe that was cliff hanger movie DR Jane. Perhaps it was Susan Hayward who jumped off (and all this time I thought she had wanted to live)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #187 on: October 20, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »

Maybe it wasn't the lions.  Did she and Victure Mature get pushed off the end of a cliff?

No....Victor reunited with Michael Rennie (TheBig Fisherman) and found anew his Christianity.

Susan (Messalina) stood beside her husband Claudius and vowed to be a proper wife for Caesar (historically inaccurate, of course...Messalina was the one who took on Rome's most prolific prostitutes in a brothel competition, and won handily).

I'm now wondering if you are remembering Debra Paget and Louis Jourdan in "Bird of Paradise".

Or, Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in "Joe vs. the Volano"?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 04:57:29 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2005, 04:57:57 PM »

Just got handed Sondheim Sings Volume II, 1946-60. Cool.

I hope you brought that home with you. :o

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2005, 05:04:10 PM »

Playbill.com just announced that ONCE UPON A MATTRESS will finally air on Dec. 18.

Margaritas at my house if anyone wants to get drunk and rip on it with me  ;)

td

• td
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2005, 05:24:06 PM »

td have you returned to normal?

Depends on one's definition of "normal," doesn't it?   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #191 on: October 20, 2005, 05:30:42 PM »

BK, I am afraid that I will not be able to honor your request from last night to listen to the Marcy album.  I am too scared of that freaky little doll.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #192 on: October 20, 2005, 05:32:24 PM »

MBarnum, in response to your post from last night regarding Killbot and Walty.  They do seem to get along, in that they tolerate eachother's presence and sometimes even lay next to eachother- but I haven't yet seen any overt signs of affection.  I want them to cuddle damnit! :)

Jane

« Reply #193 on: October 20, 2005, 05:34:02 PM »

No....Victor reunited with Michael Rennie (TheBig Fisherman) and found anew his Christianity.

Susan (Messalina) stood beside her husband Claudius and vowed to be a proper wife for Caesar (historically inaccurate, of course...Messalina was the one who took on Rome's most prolific prostitutes in a brothel competition, and won handily).

I'm now wondering if you are remembering Debra Paget and Louis Jourdan in "Bird of Paradise".

Or, Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in "Joe vs. the Volano"?

LOL.  

I did not see "Joe vs the Volcano" after hearing the ending was horrible.  I'm sorry to say I don't remember, or never saw "Bird of Paradise".  

It is one of the biblical movies.  At the end the, very much in love, couple dies because they won’t denounce their Christianity.  You don’t see them die, the camera just fades off into the clouds or something.  

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #194 on: October 20, 2005, 05:34:23 PM »

Wait a second, was I always a Senior Member?  Is this a relatively new thing, or am I having a senior moment??

Jane

« Reply #195 on: October 20, 2005, 05:35:40 PM »

td I think you have returned. ;D

TPunk- I DO! :)

Jane

« Reply #196 on: October 20, 2005, 05:39:29 PM »

TPunk  I was referring to the Margaritas.  I do not to go anywhere near that freaky, scary album. ;D

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2005, 05:43:09 PM »

TPunk  I was referring to the Margaritas.  I do not to go anywhere near that freaky, scary album. ;D

I figured that's what you meant.  ;)

Tomovoz

« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2005, 05:46:06 PM »

LOL.  

It is one of the biblical movies.  At the end the, very much in love, couple dies because they won’t denounce their Christianity.  You don’t see them die, the camera just fades off into the clouds or something.  

That's "The Robe"
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2005, 05:48:20 PM »

Good.  I was concerned what your opinion of me would be if you thought I like that lady and her doll. ;D

I tried to find something that says the number of posts needed to become a senior member.  It might be 250 posts and on the 251st you became a senior member.  Or I’m having a senior moment.

Jane

« Reply #200 on: October 20, 2005, 05:49:29 PM »

Tomovoz,-LOL.  That was my first thought but you said it wasn't "The Robe".  I know, it really wasn't cause they weren't tossed to the lions.

Tomovoz

« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2005, 05:52:41 PM »

We watched "The Robe" the other night.  Hence the questions. Colin had misremembered the ending and was expecting lions!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 05:53:21 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2005, 05:55:06 PM »

*I also spied they guy playing Pharaoh(Elvis) last night...  Boy does he look good in that gold wrap thing around his waist.

Your legs?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: October 20, 2005, 06:02:46 PM »

I've been on the phone non-stop for two hours.  First, talking to Phil Reno, the musical director of The Drowsy Chaperone - I'm doing a little recording for that show (used for the opening of the show) soon, so I'm having to make all those arrangements for the recording date.  Then I was on solidifying Diana Canova's numbers for the LACC show, then on the phone with Cynthia Carle trying to figure out if she'll be taking part (she did The Apple Tree while a student, and has appeared on and off B'way in Is There Life After High School and The Crucifer of Blood).  Then with the gent who'll be engineering the Chaperone session (Vinnie is booked on a film date - I'm using our assistant on many of our albums - he did the Kevin Spirtas single and he's very good and knows the routine well).  And shortly I shall be on my way to a dinner meeting with the LACC musical director, Rob Bowers.  I really didn't need to eat the large pastrami sandwich at Jerry's, but I had a craving which could not be denied.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: October 20, 2005, 06:03:16 PM »

Also found a new assistant to replace the assistant who flaked.

Jane

« Reply #205 on: October 20, 2005, 06:03:17 PM »

As far as I can tell Danise & Michael Shayne only have storms to worry about.  Speaking of Michael, where are you?

As anyone found a good site to track Wilma?  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2005, 06:04:15 PM »

Aughghghghghghgh!  :D

If Jean Simmons was ever thrown to the lions, it would have been in "Androcles and the Lion."

Aren't she and Burton heading to their deaths at the end of "The Robe"?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #207 on: October 20, 2005, 06:04:22 PM »

We watched "The Robe" the other night.  Hence the questions. Colin had misremembered the ending and was expecting lions!

LOL.  That was the question I should have asked.

Jane

« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2005, 06:06:04 PM »

Bruce good luck with the new assistant.

You could have eaten half a sandwich.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2005, 06:07:47 PM »

Well, I learned today that the Styne employee who held up my DARLING OF THE DAY contract from Sept 2004 to now is telling folk that I screwed up by not finishing the score for the April 2005 Muft performances.  As I told him in April, I don't work without a contract and your delays screwed up the dates for the copyist to prepare the parts.  I will not be a scapegoat for administrative incompetence.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up