Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS  (Read 33305 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE DANCE OF THE SEVEN VEILS
« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2007, 11:18:23 AM »

Thanks Der B.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: September 15, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »

And thanks everyone for letting me go on about Callie over the past few days and being so supportive about it. It means a lot to me.  While I've been confident (and still am) that she will recover, it's still nerve wracking not to have her here with me, especially knowing what she's going through. So, thanks

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2007, 11:27:55 AM »

It appears my weekend will be spent with the girls. That's fine with me. I can use some nice quiet time myself.  Think I'll go to the store in a little while and get a little roast beef and make roast beef and rice.  

Yum, that does sound good.  Care to share your recipe, Cillaliz?

Welcome home vibes to Callie.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2007, 11:31:14 AM »

The Ashland post office has never been open on Saturdays.  Conveniently located on our end of town is a small post office in the back of the Rite Aid, which is open on Saturdays.  At least it was.  I intended to mail an important package today & discovered it is now closed on Saturdays with no plan to reopen.  Bummer!

Nursie, surely there's a Fed Ex office open today in Ashland.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2007, 11:33:42 AM »

DR elmore, I didn't think of that. :-[ ;D  It may be too late now, I'll see.

Jane

« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2007, 11:36:30 AM »

Poor Callie.  Having her in a separate room, with her own kitty litter, will make it easier to track her "activities".  Let's just hope there is loads of activity in the box.   Enjoy your day snuggling with the girls.  It must be difficult having to alternate rooms.

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2007, 11:36:58 AM »

Well, you season the roast however you choose, I keep it simple with salt and pepper with garlic and onion and put it in the oven at 350 in my le creuset dutch oven with a lid with a little bit of water in the bottom of the pan so it doesn't stick.  While the roast cooks, I soak one cup of rice in 1 can of beef consume soup.  Check the roast periodically. When you think there is about 1/2 hour left put the rice in with the roast.   Or you can take the roast out and let it rest while the rice cooks in the pan.   My mom always cooked her roast low and slow. It would be well done, but cooked long enough that it was tender.   Also, if you leave the roast in the pan, it soaks up some of the flavor from the consume.  Pretty basic, but tasty
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 11:38:11 AM by Cillaliz »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2007, 11:37:59 AM »

Damn, I bought this computer program, Printshop, specifically because it said I would be able to use the cloning feature on photos, which my Printmaster and HP Image Processing do not allow.  Well, it does it, but a very poor version of cloning, and only in round circles.  Oh well, I only spent $19.99 on the damn CDs, so I guess I can't complain.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2007, 11:39:54 AM »

Well, you season the roast however you choose, I keep it simple with salt and pepper with garlic and onion and put it in the oven at 350 in my le creuset dutch oven with a lid with a little bit of water in the bottom of the pan so it doesn't stick.  While the roast cooks, I soak one cup of rice in 1 can of beef consume soup.  Check the roast periodically. When you think there is about 1/2 hour left put the rice in with the roast.   Or you can take the roast out and let it rest while the rice cooks in the pan.   My mom always cooked her roast low and slow. It would be well done, but cooked long enough that it was tender.   Also, if you leave the roast in the pan, it soaks up some of the flavor from the consume.  Pretty basic, but tasty

Sounds good.  I think I will go to McDonald's and have a dollar Double Cheese burger.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2007, 11:44:42 AM »

My mom always added MSG to the rice, but I don't like to do that.  It does taste better though

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2007, 11:45:27 AM »

Laters

Kerry

« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2007, 11:48:40 AM »

The meaning of life?

This morning on the way to breakfast with some friends, I saw a man crossing the steet who was wearing a Halloween-type rabbit mask and carrying a rubber tomahawk.   He actually had the mask up while he was waiting for the light to change and then put the the mask down to cross the street.   I saw no signs of a crew for the filming for a reality show, and Allen Funt is dead, so I have no ide what this means.  But it's these little things that keep me going.

Good vibes to all, and may you have a day free of rubber tomahawks!
I like boat races.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2007, 11:57:39 AM »

The meaning of life?

This morning on the way to breakfast with some friends, I saw a man crossing the steet who was wearing a Halloween-type rabbit mask and carrying a rubber tomahawk.   He actually had the mask up while he was waiting for the light to change and then put the the mask down to cross the street.   I saw no signs of a crew for the filming for a reality show, and Allen Funt is dead, so I have no ide what this means.  But it's these little things that keep me going.

Good vibes to all, and may you have a day free of rubber tomahawks!

Kerry, how great to see you here!  You seem to disappear faster than David Copperfield.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2007, 12:03:08 PM »

Come to think of it, yesterday when I went to the store, I saw a guy wearing a skeleton costume.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2007, 12:06:52 PM »

Kerry & TCB- ;D

Jane

« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2007, 12:09:45 PM »

The shipping store (FedEx & UPS) store in town seems to be closed.

singdaw

« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2007, 12:32:03 PM »

DR Jane...where do you live?  In the hinterlands?   ;)

Jane

« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2007, 12:34:56 PM »

;D  It feels like it today.

singdaw

« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2007, 12:36:51 PM »

I spent the afternoon sorting through some accumulating piles of clutter.  I don't feel like I threw enough out, but it does look a darn sight better than before.  And I found some valuable things I had misplaced along the way.  So that was good.  I really need to start in on the laundry, but I'm thinking I'd rather snuggle with Zach and take a nap instead.  That's a plan, right?   :)

singdaw

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2007, 12:38:34 PM »

It was drizzly this morning, but it's turned into a nice, crisp, partly sunny afternoon.  Fall must be coming!  I'm sure there will still be plenty of warm days, though.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »

The Dr Who episode tonight was fun... it illicted several squeals of fright from the Vixter... she loves this show

I enjoy that show also. I have some of the classic series on tape also. However, I am really enjoying the news series and I had my doubts that I would.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2007, 12:42:19 PM »

Don't forget to take a photo of Zach with his bandanna on.

Jane

« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2007, 12:44:46 PM »

Hi Dakota.  How is everything on the home front?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2007, 12:45:54 PM »

Sorry to be E & T, It has been a hellacious week to say the least. My mother has been ill, a woman at work is in the hospital and that added to my workload and this seemed to be the week of meetings. I had 6 of them!  Yesterday, I ran errands and met up with some freinds and we had a good laugh, we were searching youtube, chatting and having a few more good laughs. It was a nice evening.

Thank you for the thoughts. You are a great bunch of people...

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2007, 12:51:55 PM »

My dad is holding his own despite being his usual cantankerous self...  :)  

They are draining fluid off of him at least once a week. He is starting to sleep more and more and is usually bedded down for the night about 830 or 9. He also takes a lot of naps.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2007, 12:53:26 PM »

Glad you managed to have a fun day after your difficult week.
Feel better vibes for mother of DR DakotaCelt!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2007, 12:55:31 PM »

Seven Veils?

Where is the Seventh Page?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2007, 12:56:10 PM »

A friend of a friend, another serial renovator, came by and picked up two aluminum extension ladders, plus a bunch of odds and ends from various renovation projects--all stuff I no longer need and wish to be rid of. It feels so good to have less! Maybe I'm finally getting the hang of this. Might I even become a Minimalist? I doubt it, but maybe I'll be less of a pack rat--or a magpie, as this fellow today calls it.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2007, 12:57:03 PM »

Let's Push for Seven

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2007, 12:57:14 PM »

All sorts of feel-better vibes for DR DAKOTA CELT and her family.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up