Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: MIXMASTER  (Read 20526 times)

MBarnum

Re:MIXMASTER
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2005, 07:15:19 PM »

Job vibes for DR Jed!!!!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  ;)  :)  :)   :)  :D  :)  :)  :)  :)  ;D  :)  :)   :)  :)  :o [/move]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2005, 07:26:01 PM »

...the teacher said that she was busy, that she had a life outside of school...
Translation: she's getting laid.

::) :o :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2005, 07:41:20 PM »

Continuing right along with Google Images, here's what you get from "Michael Barnum" along with lots of the same:

"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2005, 07:42:14 PM »

Der B has been watching Medium.  NBC aired a very brief ad for Hercules during the 10:44 break, emphasizing the stars.  But it was letterboxed.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2005, 07:45:56 PM »

I'm back from a very long day of mixing.  Vinnie's premixes were all very good to begin with, but we spent quite a bit of time tweaking each of them.  One of the tracks was just not working for me in terms of its layers, and I ended up really simplifying it - we now may add a cello to it, just for some nice warm low end.  Otherwise, everything is sounding quite good.  It always takes me a few hours to get back into the vibe of mixing when I've been away from it for these long stretches.  My ears have to become accustomed to hearing the details again.  It took about two hours today before I was really hearing as I like to.  We got eight songs finished today.  Tomorrow, Vinnie will be pre-mixing the other seven, then Wednesday we'll go through this whole thing again, and I'll do any fixes on what we did today, should I hear something I don't like.  The vocals comped very well and so far Mr. Haines hasn't had to come in to resing any notes yet, which is a good thing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2005, 07:46:17 PM »

I'm all caught up with your excellent postings.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2005, 07:46:35 PM »

Don't know if I'll have the patience for a movie tonight or not.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #187 on: May 09, 2005, 07:52:23 PM »

I caught a bit of Robert Montgomery's RIDE THE PINK HORSE tonight. Pretty interesting film, if not a little odd and atmospheric. I have never caught the whole thing to figure out whether the doggone thing makes sense or not.

It is funny to read the IMDB reviews that it is an "imitation film noir" or "almost a noir" or it would have been film noir if it had only done such and such, AS IF the filmmakers of the time knew this term and its "rules" and were aiming at such a classification.

So many people are lost without their labels!

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2005, 07:53:28 PM »

Oh, and

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

[move=UP,scroll,6,transparent,100%] G
O
O
D

J
O
B

V
I
B
E
S

J
E
D
[/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2005, 07:53:30 PM »

Translation: she's getting laid.

::) :o :-\

Now that's freakin' funny!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2005, 07:56:19 PM »

Strong VIBES from East Coast to West. From sea to shining sea, all for...

THE RETURN (to work) OF THE JED-I
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 07:56:34 PM by Rodzinski »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2005, 07:57:14 PM »

Early to bed, early to rise.  Taking dog pics, then grandladsitting again.

Hi ho, the glamourous life.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2005, 07:58:18 PM »

BROKEN LANCE is on Fox right now in letterboxed version with BK's fave, Katy Jurado.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2005, 08:16:23 PM »

I noticed a few weeks ago that I don't watch any shows on CBS.  Funny, huh?  But speaking of "Law and Order," I've been watching "L&O:  Trial By Jury" because of Bebe Neuworth and last Friday was the season finale.  I totally forgot to watch (or even tape) it! :'( Did anyone happen to tape it and would anyone who happened to tape it be able to send me a copy??  I'd be more than willing to pay for shipping or to trade something.  I mean, I can wait for the repeat this summer, but I'll probably forget about it by then.  Any help would be appreciated. ;D

I'm sorry, DR George. I watched it "live" and recorded NUMBERS instead. That has been pretty much my routine since both shows started facing off against one another.

Wish I could have been some help.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2005, 08:18:31 PM »

I also send best thoughts and lots of crossed fingers and toes for DR Jed to get the job he wants. I have one friend still actively searching for a job around here, and another friend who has a job in Virginia but is trying to relocate here but much find work before he does so.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2005, 08:20:31 PM »

OK, this time I really will get back to work on my IAAAAWWOTD paper. Really. I'm getting to it.

Job interview vibes for Dear Reader Jed!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2005, 08:21:29 PM »

When I got home from rehearsal tonight, I cracked open the MURDER SHE WROTE boxed set of Season 1 episodes, and put in the one that first introduced the late Jerry Orbach as detective Harry McGraw. Excellent episode, and they look very, very good for a 20 year old series with a sharp picture, nice color saturation, and clear, crisp mono sound.

Can it really be 20 years ago that these shows were first broadcast! Lordy, how time flies! :-\

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2005, 08:39:06 PM »

The reason I asked whether anyone had seen any ads is because I don't watch any of the three major networks at all and almost no Fox (sometimes The Simpsons and Malcolm).  Most of my viewing these days is confined to cable. TCM first and foremost, follwed by Fox Movie Channel,  HGTV, BBCAmerica, Comedy Channel, and Food network.

Rodzinski, I think RIDE THE PINK HORSE is a very interesting movie, though I haven't seen it in sometime.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2005, 09:01:01 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from Fairfax!  I started packing my car up starting around 8:30, and finished right after 9:00.  I didn't realized just how much stuff I had set aside to bring home this trip.  But it all fit into the car, and I really didn't have to resort to any creative organizing.

The drive up was relatively uneventful save for some road construction at Fredericksburg - which only ended up delaying me about 10 minutes.  Not bad at all.  Once I got up here around 11:15, I unloaded everything - it's all sitting in the big room in the basement.  I'll sort and separate - and do laundry(!) - in the morning.

And, now watching Letterman, and having a very late dinner...  So...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2005, 09:35:02 PM »

I saw Ride the Pink Horse about six months ago - I'd never seen it before.  It has really interesting components.  I especially liked Wanda Hendrix (is that her name).  And, if I remember correctly, the always excellent (and large) Thomas Gomez.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2005, 10:56:41 PM »

No posts in ninety minutes.  And yet I saw five count them five dear readers.  I swear, some of this WUSSBURGERING is infuriatingly infuriating.

Here is a photograph of Vinnie and his ever-lovin' Stefanie, who is an ace cellist.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2005, 11:49:21 PM »

Well, if this doesn't take the cake - two-and-a-half hours without a single post save for mine own.  Skammen, I say, and skammen I say again.  I do understand we had a lovely number of posts, but I don't understand this WUSSBURGERING as of nine-thirty.  Oh, well, what can one do but scratch one's head.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2005, 11:53:33 PM »

I have been watching TV all night.  Sorry.  Right now, I'm listening to the brand new Lucky Stiff CD with Malcolm Gets and I enjoy hearing slightly different interpretations.  It has a bit more dialogue than the original.  One like that's pretty damn funny is a line from Miss Glick (reminds me of "Miss Dorothy"):  "Just because we slept together does not mean that we’re on a first name basis!"  
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 11:54:31 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2005, 11:55:15 PM »

And it has a bonus track called "Shoes" for Harry.  He sings about shoes.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2005, 11:57:45 PM »

It's very much a part of the score.  It's a very nice song...even if it was cut from the show.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up