Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE OF THOSE DAYS  (Read 10822 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: ONE OF THOSE DAYS
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 06:28:12 AM »

Good Morning!

"Balmy" doesn't begin to describe outside this morning. It was downright HUMID. I did my walk, and thankfully there was a breeze that helped, but we start to cool back down after today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 06:28:24 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 06:29:58 AM »

It just finished a heavy rain here. We need it (we're almost three inches below normal for the year), and I'm glad I got my walk in before it started.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2009, 06:31:46 AM »

I was wrong about WINGS OF DESIRE. It IS over two hours (127 minutes, to be exact), so I won't be able to watch it this morning. I still can watch the bonus features until the phone calls start up, and then I'll save the rest for later this evening. I'd like to get the whole disc set done tonight so I can start on HOWARDS END tomorrow, but time will tell.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 06:34:26 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2009, 06:33:34 AM »

CBS may be showing a new episode of THREE RIVERS tonight. Sounds like ominous news for the series if CBS is burning off episodes on Saturday nights. My cable guide said it was new. The newspaper listings this morning did not identify the episode as new. I do plan to record it, but I'll be busy working when it's on.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2009, 07:13:25 AM »

Visiting a couple of other internet sites, it appears tonight's THREE RIVERS is NOT a new episode. I'm not sure if it's one I've seen or if it's last Sunday's episode which I haven't yet seen. I'll have to do more checking.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2009, 07:14:10 AM »

So, I'll head down now to do some more checking and maybe watch LAW & ORDER from last night. We'll see how my time works out.

WBBL.

td

• td
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2009, 07:28:12 AM »

TOD:

Otto Preminger's SKIDOO.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2009, 07:28:28 AM »

Good morning, all! As I was about to shut down the computer a London friend on Facebook sent me a message and we chatted until 1 am. I slept late and i am moving very slowly. Today will be a great day seeing everyone.

I have a couple of hours with Jerome Kern scores before I head down to midtown.

My London friend sent me this joke:
Dear Grim Reaper, so far this year you have taken away my favourite  celebrity Jade Goody, my favourite dancer Michael Jackson, my  favourite actor Patrick Swayze & now my favourite singer Stephen Gateley. Just so you know, my favourite composer is Andrew Lloyd Webber.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2009, 07:57:26 AM »

Today is a work day.

TOD:

The Night Walker - another William Castle film....very strange

I don't have time to find the titles right now, but DR MBARNUM sent me a couple of Japanese movies that were VERY weird...

In one some students get involved with the Devil during test time....

In another an airplane crash leaves some people in some haunted weird place....

And in the last one, a man visits a house that is haunted....

Maybe DR MBARNUM can remember the titles.

The airplane one is GOKE, THE BODY SNATCHER...love that movie. Have no recollection of the other two, but maybe the titles will come to me later.

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2009, 08:00:03 AM »

DR Ginny, the News Feed seems to be a condensced version of what your friends are posting. Live News Feed shows you all the postings of your Facebook buddies, plus it brings back the feature of showing who your friends have "friended." 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2009, 08:04:14 AM »

I'm up and shall now check out the Kritzerland site to make sure it's all working properly - while it was uploading last night I did check out a few pages that had uploaded and everything seemed fine.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2009, 08:07:03 AM »

If you call UPS, FedEx and the USPS, and ask them how much it costs to overnigt a package so that it arrives on a Saturday, I think you'll find they all charge extra for the service.  Their normal price is for Monday through Friday.
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

Ben

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2009, 08:23:29 AM »

At the moment Kritzerland is down

Kritzerland Records

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2009, 08:29:25 AM »

Yes, I believe they're doing the switchover right now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2009, 08:30:21 AM »

I asked the webguy to call the tech support people and do it with them on the phone just in case there were problems, and because the e-mail stuff all has to have their new server information so that all e-mails get forwarded to me as they have been.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 08:31:38 AM »

Until the switch is complete the site will not work.  If you want to just gaze at its loveliness, it's currently housed at kritzertime.com

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2009, 08:32:31 AM »

I suppose she of the Evil Eye will be here shortly, and I'm hoping the switch is finished before I do the long and/or short jog.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2009, 08:33:05 AM »

I am my own frenzy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2009, 08:51:41 AM »

Guess I'll call my webguy because the switch still hasn't taken effect.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »

Now I'm sleepy. Damn!

I think I will run to the market and get ready to head into midtown. I also just cancelled by order for the GOLDEN APPLE vocal score from Amazon, who's asking $70.00 for it and pre-ordered it on Barnes & Noble for a grand total of about $56.00. They claim its release date is Nov 2. I didn't see what colony is charging for it, but I'm sure it's more than $70 since they always hike up their prices.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2009, 09:07:39 AM »

Apparently the switch hasn't even started yet, so the site is indeed down - I'm thinking Bakalor took it down overnight because I told him we would be switching servers last night - why he would do that is anyone's guess before checking with me that we'd actually done the switch.  Or maybe it's the same problem we had yesterday, but I'm afraid Bakalor doesn't respond to phone messages or e-mails so one has no way of actually knowing what's going on.  Webguy is on hold with the new host and has been for ten minutes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2009, 09:15:29 AM »

Apparently the switch hasn't even started yet, so the site is indeed down - I'm thinking Bakalor took it down overnight because I told him we would be switching servers last night - why he would do that is anyone's guess before checking with me that we'd actually done the switch.  Or maybe it's the same problem we had yesterday, but I'm afraid Bakalor doesn't respond to phone messages or e-mails so one has no way of actually knowing what's going on.  Webguy is on hold with the new host and has been for ten minutes.

You could always leave a comment on his Facebook Wall. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2009, 09:16:03 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And it was another WNYC/NPR morning... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2009, 09:18:43 AM »

Now I'm sleepy. Damn!

I think I will run to the market and get ready to head into midtown. I also just cancelled by order for the GOLDEN APPLE vocal score from Amazon, who's asking $70.00 for it and pre-ordered it on Barnes & Noble for a grand total of about $56.00. They claim its release date is Nov 2. I didn't see what colony is charging for it, but I'm sure it's more than $70 since they always hike up their prices.

DR elmore - Have you tried calling Alfred directly? If your name appears in the published score, then they should send you a free "desk copy".  -At least they used to do that when I was still in the "sheet music biz".

*And I'm betting Colony will sell it for at least $85.. Plus tax!

*And wouldn't the Moross family "give" you a free copy too?
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2009, 09:22:03 AM »

DR Jose, I am all in favor of the academic move for several reasons, the most selfish being that I would hate to know you were no longer living in Manhattan. I think it's a fabulous stop-gap possibility given that the theatre biz is always a precarious situation: it took me thirty years of living here to get a Broadway gig. I also think the academic position might lead to other things - musical theatre classes, etc. - that might lead to other fascinating things.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2009, 09:24:46 AM »

Just FYI - The USPS only charges a surcharge ($12.50) for Sunday delivery of an Express Mail package.

Otherwise:

Express Mail® is our fastest service for time-sensitive letters, documents or merchandise. Guaranteed overnight delivery to most locations or your money back.

Express Mail Features:
   The fastest way to send packages.
   Find the guaranteed delivery time
   Delivery to most destinations 365 days a year – even Sundays and holidays.
   No Saturday delivery charges, no residential surcharges, no fuel surcharges.
   Free tracking information.
   The only overnight delivery to mailboxes and P.O. Boxes.
   Signature proof of delivery upon request.
   Save when you print and pay for postage online.

And their Flat Rate Envelope costs just $17.50 "regardless of weight or distance".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2009, 09:25:46 AM »

DR Jose, I am all in favor of the academic move for several reasons, the most selfish being that I would hate to know you were no longer living in Manhattan. I think it's a fabulous stop-gap possibility given that the theatre biz is always a precarious situation: it took me thirty years of living here to get a Broadway gig. I also think the academic position might lead to other things - musical theatre classes, etc. - that might lead to other fascinating things.

Larry - Thank You. That means a lot to me. <tear>
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2009, 09:26:18 AM »

Now I'm sleepy. Damn!

DR elmore - Have you tried calling Alfred directly? If your name appears in the published score, then they should send you a free "desk copy".  -At least they used to do that when I was still in the "sheet music biz".

*And I'm betting Colony will sell it for at least $85.. Plus tax!

*And wouldn't the Moross family "give" you a free copy too?

Actually, a freebie is in the works from Alfred. It's the same score I've already got only no longer spiral bound so there's no rush on it. I primarily posted the new in case anyone on HHW wanted to order one, but it's always good to have one to hand, as Mrs Diana Trapes says in THE BEGGAR'S OPERA.

DAW

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »

Thanks for posting that, DR elmore3003.   That discount was enough to get me off my butt to order one!       :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up