Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: GREAT SINGERS SINGING GREAT SONGS  (Read 3920 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: GREAT SINGERS SINGING GREAT SONGS
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2016, 11:10:12 PM »

Six
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2016, 11:22:04 PM »

Well, it's time to leave for rehearsal.  Hopefully, I'll have my cravat, and with my vest that was finished last night, my costume should be complete!  I might (mind you, I said might) be able to get a picture, but we'll see if there's time.

Be back later.

My costume is complete!  Here's a picture that I took of myself.  A fellow cast member took a couple of full-body pictures, but they didn't turn out well enough to post. 

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2016, 11:36:26 PM »

Been relaxing (sort of) and sitting on my couch like so much fish listening to the Daphnis and Chloe SACD, which was gorgeous.  I've been researching SACDs and what were and are the best, in pop and classical - and there are some incredible things out there that unfortunately go for huge money - would be fun to hear them, but not at those prices.  I gather SACD died a slow death as all niche stuff does, and unfortunately that was a decade ago.  Blu-ray audio, too, which I also know nothing about.  So, I'm afraid I'll never get to experience some interesting SACD titles.

I have a couple (few?) SACD-hybrid titles.  I don't remember exactly how many or which ones I have, except I do know that The Manhattan Transfer even released some:  "The Christmas Album," "Vibrate," and the Erich Kunzel/Cincinnati Pops Orchestra CD, "Got Swing!," with special guests The Manhattan Transfer, John Pizzarelli, and Janis Siegel.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:40:52 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2016, 11:39:25 PM »

Well, it's time to leave for rehearsal.  Hopefully, I'll have my cravat, and with my vest that was finished last night, my costume should be complete!  I might (mind you, I said might) be able to get a picture, but we'll see if there's time.

Be back later.

My costume is complete!  Here's a picture that I took of myself.  A fellow cast member took a couple of full-body pictures, but they didn't turn out well enough to post. 

Great photo, George.  You can sure see the weight loss in your face.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2016, 11:42:52 PM »

Tomorrow morning is my great nephew's arraignment.  Please send vibes for Elijah.

~~~Vibes of All Kinds for Elijah!!~~~

George

« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2016, 11:43:26 PM »

Be back later.

Great photo, George.  You can sure see the weight loss in your face.

Thanks, Tom!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2016, 12:00:14 AM »

Is Friday your opening night?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2016, 12:05:03 AM »

Is Friday your opening night?

Yes.  Thursday is our $5 preview, and tomorrow is our last rehearsal without an audience.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up